Author Topic: If possible, we need more players  (Read 9047 times)

TehMud

• View Profile
If possible, we need more players
on: May 21, 2017, 05:51:14 AM
I understand it is in Beta, so the number of players must be limited for various reasons, but as it stands it is still fairly difficult to do multiplayer outside of a few certain hours.

I cannot seem to joing multiplayer as a Raider or Antagonist after like 9 PM CST as there just aren't enough players in the Beta.

I know it's a Beta and whatnot but if possible please invite more players or give the current players some invites to give.

WYRDBOY

• View Profile
Re: If possible, we need more players
Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 06:56:39 AM
Yes! Invite me, devs!

Kushboot

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 06:55:48 AM
i tried to sign up for the closed beta but it just take me back to the raiders Home page

VXxANDROMEDAxXV

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 07:17:31 PM
Agreed! Didn't seem like many were on xbox one

KaXaSA

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 01:35:00 AM
Yeah also having issues with the matchmaking (prologue) it takes forever to find a match. feelsbadman

Btw Forum issue: you can't upload avatars to the forum;
"The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved."

Someone forgot to set the upload folder permissions  ;) 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 01:46:28 AM by KaXaSA »

BluWolve

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 02:53:31 AM
I agree, is hard to test the multiplayer with only a handful of players online. I'm in Australia so my gaming time often does not match up with people in other regions.

I know it is not a big effort to sign up for the beta, some people are pretty lazy though.

One idea is if people already in the beta could be given an extra couple of codes to pass on to friends? That could definitely help get more people to fill the multiplayer population.

Igaguri

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 03:59:45 AM
I can't join any games....
There are no players? or matchmaking is broken?

pinkgasm

• gamer, streamer, musician, record label promoter
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 03:08:56 AM
Well, the thread is named "we need more players," so I'd guess the matchmaking isn't broken, lol.

I believe there is a problem with the beta sign-up application.  I signed up for this game in December of 2016, and I never received a key until I made personal contact on the forums.  I got every other email, but not the key.  Gratefully, the community manager helped me with that problem!

Gunshanks

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 28, 2017, 03:51:40 PM
Hard to say for sure EXACTLY what the cause of the problem is, but I've definitely noticed that when I do get a game, it's with at least 2/3 of the same people I was playing with before, and that matchmaking takes upwards of 15 minutes sometimes.

It COULD be a problem with the matchmaking system, but it just seems like nobody is really playing at the moment, but I guess that's beta.

PelvisPresley

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 28, 2017, 05:46:02 PM
Some means of communication (besides the radial menu) within the squad wouldn't hurt either. I've seen countless people run around clueless getting fed to the antagonist.

ElvenNeko

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 28, 2017, 07:18:17 PM
After searching for 2 hours and finding only one game (that was not accepted by some player and cancelled) i decided to quit until dev's sent more keys. It's kinda of a joke that people can't play because of no players, but my friend can't play because dev's not sending keys...

TehMud

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 03:23:09 AM
Hard to say for sure EXACTLY what the cause of the problem is, but I've definitely noticed that when I do get a game, it's with at least 2/3 of the same people I was playing with before, and that matchmaking takes upwards of 15 minutes sometimes.

It COULD be a problem with the matchmaking system, but it just seems like nobody is really playing at the moment, but I guess that's beta.

Welll I could be entirely wrong as well. Matchmaking works, but takes AGES.

I think alot of players also play through the mainn missions once and call it a day, rather than try multiple chars or try Antagonist. They could also just play everything Solo and be done. We don't have enough people playing multiplayer during the tests really.

As for this weekend, it was also Memorial Day Weekend so alot of people were also out of town

Kid Dracula

• Vampire Overlord
  • MercurySteam Developer
  • Enough Talk! Have at you!
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 02, 2017, 02:14:08 PM
Yep we have had matchmaking issues which we are fixing. Hopefully the matchmaking will improve in the next sessions and more players are signing up, so with these combined should see quicker match ups.

pinkgasm

• gamer, streamer, musician, record label promoter
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 08, 2017, 10:24:34 PM
Sounds like bunches more people have been invited to the game, as well!  😀

ElvenNeko

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 11, 2017, 10:22:14 AM
Sounds like it is worse than before. Hours of matchmaking with no result in all maps and modes selected... And since my friend who registered from several accounts long time ago, but still haven't recieved a single key to play with me - i understand why exacly that happens. Is it really that hard to sent more keys, so at least few players could play this game? You can't test online game if there is no players.