Author Topic: Paying for Loadout Slots? What?  (Read 2732 times)

Alex2199

• View Profile
Paying for Loadout Slots? What?
on: June 02, 2019, 05:52:05 PM
I have always had this complaint but figured it was about time to actually make a post about it. I cannot think of a single game where you have to pay real-life money for a loadout slot. Maybe bonus loadout slots sure. Why make it to were you build a character up just to gamble to see if you have the right build on for that mission? There are some set it and forget it builds like Mikah's Granny with gyroscope card, not really being bad on any mission. But not every raider is like this.

I suggest making the first loadout cost gold. Or maybe even status points sense its currently just for a disco party (that you have to constantly by because you can only have so many of them at a time). Then making the third loadout cost mercury points if they must, I would still prefer it costing status or gold.

Also weren't they cheaper? I checked this morning and they cost 125? I haven't checked them recently so I don't recall but regardless I did math to see the total amount of mercury points needed to buy all of the loadouts. 2,250 mercury points. $19.99 would get me 2,500 mercury points so I would have to drop $20 just to get the second loadouts for every character, which like I said previously isn't needed for every character but is still insane to me.

What would be the downside to having the first loadout cost in-game currency verses real-currency?

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Re: Paying for Loadout Slots? What?
Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 10:09:15 PM
In fact, they became cheaper with the Identity Shop Update, before the 2nd loadout cost 250 points and the 3rd loadout cost 500 points.  ;)

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 10:34:35 PM
In fact, they became cheaper with the Identity Shop Update, before the 2nd loadout cost 250 points and the 3rd loadout cost 500 points.  ;)

I knew they were more expensive in the past but I thought they were cheaper than 125? I didn't really care whenever they dropped the price because the price is still there though so maybe I just didn't care that much. I just think its a little ridiculous that we have to pay for loadouts out of pocket while games like Warframe have it for free. There has been multiple times where I joined a game and was like "Oh I am in the mood to play Ginebra" Then I click her and realize I don't have the right build or weapon for the mission so I'm forced to put the desire aside and play a character I didn't wanna play as much.

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 03:01:39 PM
until identity I played with one loadout per raider (didn't spend money). It's fine, yes, not every raider was usable everywhere and I never equipped killerball on Schneider because yama was mostly useful.

However I played this game for quite some time and with identity I invested 10k M-Coin.

In short, the inconvenience is acceptable and like the game, and play quite a bit, I recommend you buy M-Coin, and compared to skins, the loadout-slots are quite cheap. Some skins (especiall naked Loath) are still too expensive and I'm waiting for the 40% cut.