Author Topic: Shakura  (Read 2133 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Shakura
on: June 01, 2019, 10:51:19 AM
Make it use ammo each time it changed direction. Lower the range of it's lightning arcs. Or lower the damage significantly. Any one of these would be a great help let alone more than one.

It's a bit absurd that players can just spam it with no cost for eternity.

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Re: Shakura
Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 11:41:00 AM
Man, that would be perfect for that gun. I always thought the Whip was its superior but even in its prime it wasn't as cheap as Shakura.
  At least with the Whip you had to shoot it to make it work which would also obviously use up ammunition but now you have a shotgun (which in its own rite is pretty damn good) that can crowd control an area without ever having to show your face.

I had a Valeria on HBAT who hid by the second turret the entire time under cover and just readjusted the aim of the einstein rosen bridge and attacked the team while never showing her face until someone barely managed to get past her ability then with the help of the grunts shot up anyone that got close. 

Alex2199

• View Profile
Re: Shakura
Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 04:46:20 PM
The Shakura is my favorite because I can just set it up and forget about it. However as an antag its overpowered espically with the Antimatter Permeation card. With that card and 5 alphe your bridge does 50 points of tick damage.

I think a reasonably nerf is lowering the ammo cap on the gun its self and using a bit of ammo each time you change directions like you suggested. Or reducing the amount of times you can change its direction.

People who say this weapon isn't overpowered always use the excuse "Harec is a counter for Valeria. Just snipe her down." or use Doldren. But fighting an antag you never know if your gonna get a Valeria or an antag in general. Playing the game shouldn't be a gamble of hopefully picking the right player to try and win the mission.