Author Topic: Ya finally gone and done it...  (Read 2578 times)

ExFiftyOne

• View Profile
Ya finally gone and done it...
on: May 13, 2019, 10:02:39 PM
I had been taking an extended break from Spacelords as there was nothing new and exciting for me to do other than play the game itself. Always been my fave part.  Now I come to check out what this big ol update was about and I find that it's just about money... Shocker. The dancing is... Stupid. Shae would never dance like that if at all. Nor would most of them. The characters no longer matter. They're just avatars now. Where's the story?? That's what I liked most. The characters and story. But instead of continuing that ya just decide to... I don't even know what you've done here. It's just bad. Bad bad bad. So thank you MS you've finally gone and done it. You gave me reason enough to delete this game from 2 Xboxes and never play, or more importantly to you, I'll never PAY again. So thanks for the year of good times but I'm not sticking around for this anymore. One last thing... Taking away the levels was dumb in the first place, now "Max" is infuriating. K, thanks, see ya, bye. F*#k:(

Placelord

• View Profile
Re: Ya finally gone and done it...
Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 12:13:46 AM
God speed. I do not blame you one bit.

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 01:24:12 AM
Its kinda a big slap in the face to poor Tommy Rawhead. 1000 levels means nothing for him now :(.

Solosmoke

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 03:22:00 AM
I've only been playing for weeks, months at most, and already I'm at the point of uninstalling to be honest. I absolutely fell in love with the game, the characters and the story (I was even considering writing my own D&D one-shot set on the broken planet). I've convinced a load of friends and family to play, my son and I use it to bond by playing together (we make a great team but I'm always the featured player ;) ) - After the update, most of my friends stopped playing because of the new aleph drop system and the emphasis on spending money, others stopped at around level 60-70 when they realised how grindy the game became at higher levels to unlock new characters and they have better things to do. This update moved forward with a few things but went back more than it progressed.

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 11:37:18 AM
Hi there! :)

The issue you're talking about is something we actually debated before developing the content for the Spacelords Identity update.
There is indeed a creative tension of sorts between the idea of characters being characters within the Spacelords universe VS characters being avatars for the players to express themselves. It's too bad you didn't like the direction we chose. :(

Concerning the 200+ level thing, I'd like to comment on the Status currency by quoting the patchnotes (https://spacelordsthegame.com/news/patch-notes-140):

" - Players whose level was beyond 200 after the patch will be instantly awarded Status currency when they first log in. "

That way, Status is meant to be a reward for all of you guys who exceeded the current maximum level before the update. :)

Whatever

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 03:49:03 PM
Mate, calm down. There’s a lot that’s not perfect here but also a lot that’s much better - the rewards etc and most of all, it’s just a game.