Author Topic: Aneska tease?  (Read 8550 times)

Ash

• View Profile
Aneska tease?
on: October 05, 2018, 10:14:43 PM
Anyone else take the crossed out Aneska word in the state of the game address as a tease?

Aspire_Ano

• View Profile
Re: Aneska tease?
Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 10:25:43 PM
Yes can't wait.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 11:02:27 PM
Total tease, but I also like that they have a little fun when putting out information :D

pululon

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 01:14:24 AM
I have been grinding gold just for her XD

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 01:35:21 AM
I always keep enough just in case. I have a feelin in mah bones....

ExFiftyOne

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 01:40:30 AM
I gotta say this.... Maybe I said it before. Either way, (if and when, more hoping when than if) I think since Aneska is a pilot, albeit a Mech pilot, she should have dual side arms. Like two .45's type of thing but ya know... Futuristic. That would be kick ass and make sense. Since pilots don't have a ton of room in them cock pits for big guns. Someone in this fantastically amazeballs game needs to dual wield some gats. It may as well be her:)   #TeamAneska!!!!

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 02:43:31 AM
What faction would she be going into anyway?

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 03:00:55 AM
Technically she should be Hades, but that would make them even more lopsided (6 instead of 4).

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 03:24:27 AM
Technically she should be Hades, but that would make them even more lopsided (6 instead of 4).
Nice I hope it's true hades is probably my favorite faction.

PohtHehd

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 09:27:27 AM
Aneska fell some many hundred feet into the ground. Inside a heavily damaged Aleph powered suit of armor full of explosives. Under a city sized super weapon, the Hecatoncheir, which had just been hit by a "nuclear bomb" and will now likely fall to the ground. On a planet with a rabid faction of space pirates that loot anything they can get their hands on and destroy everything else at the drop of a hat.

Maybe we save her from the Wardogs? Maybe she beats their alpha and escapes in the immediate vacuum of power that is created as they quarrel among themselves.

Or she is dead, super dead. Way way dead. Like, even beyond Schneider levels of dead, his death being more comical in comparison.

Tough call.

LoganMaze

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 08, 2018, 03:59:30 PM
to be fair, schneider was inside a robot wich exploded and he seems to be alive.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 08, 2018, 07:00:54 PM
I don't mind that she's going to be a playable character, that's fine. What bugs me is if she will be a playable character on her own mission. I mean, you can't play Kuzzman, Shchneider or anyone else on their own mission. But with Kuzzman and Scheider you get them early on so it makes sense that you could play then on the missions after since you acquired them on previous missions of their respective campaign. But with Aneska she's basically helping you on the first 3 missions of the Hades Betrayal and then decides to turn against you as a boss? And you are somehow surprised to see her for the first time? If it was to have ANY continuity you shouldn't be able to play her on the Hades Betrayal campaign.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 08, 2018, 07:15:02 PM
It is not necessarily that the hades betrayal stories happens after the local’s stories and wardog stories.

I wonder what will be her skill.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 08, 2018, 07:41:48 PM
It is not necessarily that the hades betrayal stories happens after the local’s stories and wardog stories.

I wonder what will be her skill.

right, she would work fine on any of the other campaigns. As each can be seen as a standalone campaign. But it would be silly if she is usable on the Hades Betrayal campaign missions, as at this point in the missions she has not even met you. The only character that breaks continuity in this way is Schneider in Low Blow, since he hasn't met you yet in chronology and so would not have joined due to his crush on Mikah. But with him it's only one missions, you can't choose him for In Medias Res and Double Agent, and by the time you get to Destroyer of Worlds you can say he joined up.

Aneska, however, would be playable for all three Hades Betrayal missions before hers; Low Blow, In Medias Res, and Double Agent all before Destroyer of Worlds (where you fight Aneska), so the continuity and logic breaks more than even the one mission Schneider doesn't make sense on. I mean,this isn't Overwatch, this game actually has mission objectives tied to story and continuity and characters, you don't have Tracer fighting Mercy for some stupid reason.

It will just be silly if we can play Aneska in Hades Betrayal, a bit eye rolling. She helps you fight her own faction and BAM, she turns against you in Destroyer of World and for some reason you act like you never seen her before. And for some reason she didn't use her mech to help you, and Krausher didn't know she was gone, and etc, etc... so many silly things.

PohtHehd

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 08, 2018, 07:51:30 PM
That is a very good point, Lehi. In fact, in trying to understand the storyline from a linear perspective, I found that considering some missions as side stories within the larger narrative helps organize it a bit better.

In this way we can consider moments where Schneider dies as conclusions to small stories meant to explain more about the characters involved. That is not to say it makes any more sense. But, organized in this way the missions begin to take on some cohesion.

Some events, like Valeria's mind wipe, can only happen at certain points in the story because, in this instance, they also learn about the Nimrods straight away. The Nimrods are a much greater threat than a lot of the other early missions deal with, so they would logically take priority.

It is a little useless to apply logic to the missions narrative but you're right. Aneska "dying" at the end of DoW could simply be considered an ending to another side story that is not necessarily part of the larger narrative.

The only reason I would continue to doubt Aneska's appearance is because she is very loyal to Krausher. She only considered leaving Hades when they had no more enemies to fight back in the Solar System. It is Krausher's mech that she uses, not hers and she doesn't seem to think of it as hers because she basically agrees with Krausher that she could have done better with the suit.

Switching that level of loyalty around, where she could have pulled a Lycus and stole the mech but doesn't even consider it, would be a tall order. Even if Krausher is dead.