Author Topic: Repeatable rewards for Solo mode  (Read 3488 times)

Nemo

• View Profile
Repeatable rewards for Solo mode
on: October 03, 2018, 06:44:32 AM
Even if you could only do it a few times per reward rotation, it would still be a nice way to get some extra gold on the side.

As it stands, once you've beaten all the maps on Insane difficulty, there's no real point to Solo mode aside from just testing things.

LoganMaze

• View Profile
Re: Repeatable rewards for Solo mode
Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 12:04:28 AM
agree, not much i can add other than what you already said, would be nice to have some way to focus on getting gold and another reason to comeback everyday. Right now i have all the weapons blueprint from the characters i use and only come back to the mission where i get very high gold.

Hyugga

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 02:00:41 AM
Agreed completly , theres no point in doing solo after you get the one time rewards , at least let me get XP

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 03:55:12 AM
+1 for you buddy.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 09:53:04 AM
Hi, guys!

Thank you very much for your suggestions. Though the game is meant to be played on coop to fully explore the antag feature, I'll let our design team know so they can investigate the possibilities for this mode.

Nemo

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 01:14:28 PM
Hi, guys!

Thank you very much for your suggestions. Though the game is meant to be played on coop to fully explore the antag feature, I'll let our design team know so they can investigate the possibilities for this mode.
Thanks for the reply.

I would say that it wouldn't really hurt the game to allow players more choice in how they engage with it.

With the upcoming store feature highlighted in the roadmap, it would be a good idea to try to have extra modes that might appeal to different types of players.

LoganMaze

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 05:23:37 AM
karen is right tho, i think instead of focusing on repeatable rewards for solo mode they could focus on making a "hard mode" which you could play daily and is meant to be done by a coordinated team, the difficulty could be independent of the raiders level and, MAYBE, avoid the antagonist factor for this mode since that tends to screw up the difficulty.
what you guys think?

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 05:37:10 AM
karen is right tho, i think instead of focusing on repeatable rewards for solo mode they could focus on making a "hard mode" which you could play daily and is meant to be done by a coordinated team, the difficulty could be independent of the raiders level and, MAYBE, avoid the antagonist factor for this mode since that tends to screw up the difficulty.
what you guys think?

I think having more options is rarely a bad thing.    I also think having fixed difficulties would be good for the game, especially if they didn't have an antag since the difficulty could remain higher. For daily challenge missions I think having a preconfigured team would also be a good thing to avoid OP builds and to let players try out new characters, weapons, and cards.