Author Topic: reduce the money won  (Read 3780 times)

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
reduce the money won
on: May 11, 2019, 01:12:53 PM
Hi,
In my opinion (as a very regular player), I get too much money. At lvl 200 I had every blueprint for every gun and also every raider. Now at the end of may I'll probably have enough money for every gun I could possibly want and probably for some other as well.

With forge 20 weapons, it's pretty easy getting to 280 fame points and you just get a stupid high amount of money.

My suggestions includes all that bickering about antags: For the monthly points, only count antag matches. It would reward them way more. The way it is now (and always was), an antag lowers your score by way too much, so that they feel like they are costing you money.

I'd like the feeling when I see that I get an antag: "well, one of us is making lots of profit". So in general I'd like non-antag matches to make less money, and antag-matches to make more (for example through that monthly reward).

The problem is that now that I have a score of around 300, I no longer feel motivated to play, since it's unlikely to get a higher score. I mainly wait for friends to come online and to play with them.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 04:15:21 PM by Engelsgaard »

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Re: reduce the money won
Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 05:43:22 PM

Your suggestion to improve the game is basically punish people who don't like to play the forced PvP?

From someone who plays regularly, if you don't have a team with everyone using Bounty Hunter, it takes about a week to break 100k, and it took me almost 3 weeks to get a rare blueprint I wanted for Mika.

cloudbunnies

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 06:06:11 PM
Um. It's hard enough for new people to get any kind of gold. Why would you want to make this harder? They already have a hard time keeping new people interested in this game.

Aive

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 01:58:14 PM
From someone who plays regularly, if you don't have a team with everyone using Bounty Hunter, it takes about a week to break 100k
eh... about 13h non stop without losing matches to get 100k

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 04:52:57 PM
eh... about 13h non stop without losing matches to get 100k

I have to take time lowering the MMR. I could play as Raider constantly, but the match gets unbearable if it gets too high. Last night the enemies at 50+% MMR had so much map control they were camping at the spawn. Didn't even know they could do that.

There was a time when I was watching as afk antagonist in the "In Media Res" stage, where the Raiders could barely survive the Hades division's assaults, let alone close relays or get Aleph for the hacking.

Aive

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 10:53:55 PM
mah dude... i had "In Media Res" with antag where we could NOT leave a spawn... moment someone showed up their head its insta down and not a SECOND later you die... including 5th council. antag couldnt even get a finisher on any of us, this is how fast we died to goons. think it was around 70 mmr. it is frustrating when supposed "tanks" of a game cant even stay a second under fire.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 12:46:12 AM
Hi,
In my opinion (as a very regular player), I get too much money. At lvl 200 I had every blueprint for every gun and also every raider. Now at the end of may I'll probably have enough money for every gun I could possibly want and probably for some other as well.

With forge 20 weapons, it's pretty easy getting to 280 fame points and you just get a stupid high amount of money.

My suggestions includes all that bickering about antags: For the monthly points, only count antag matches. It would reward them way more. The way it is now (and always was), an antag lowers your score by way too much, so that they feel like they are costing you money.

I'd like the feeling when I see that I get an antag: "well, one of us is making lots of profit". So in general I'd like non-antag matches to make less money, and antag-matches to make more (for example through that monthly reward).

The problem is that now that I have a score of around 300, I no longer feel motivated to play, since it's unlikely to get a higher score. I mainly wait for friends to come online and to play with them.

Ummmm yeah ........... how about, no.

Solosmoke

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 03:50:51 AM
Hi,

Or, alternatively... you could... NOT? Reduce gold rewards and that`s the game dead. What you actually want is more content to make your time worthwhile, not less rewards.

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 10:29:12 AM
Hi! :)

Going back to the Roadmap...

...the Prizes Gallore update will feature some drastic changes when it comes to rewards, with our focus being put on flexibility and simplicity.

That being said, I'm afraid we won't be reducing the amount of rewards. :(

JII DEUCE

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 04:38:39 PM
 ::) HORRIBLE IDEA. MSE please disregard this poor misguided soul! Thanks! Lol :o