Author Topic: High Concentration of Antags  (Read 4185 times)

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
High Concentration of Antags
on: May 10, 2019, 11:38:40 AM
I'm just going to star by saying I don't mind getting my ass kicked every now and then.....but with this last major update Antags have a very very good reason to get out there and really kill you more than ever with the Monthly rewards on the line.

I literally have been having back to back to back Antags showing up left and right and there not even repeat players. Like jesus, this feels like Dark Souls, Dead by Daylight or some other morally curbstomping game.

When I got on I saw a Rare Blueprint available and every match since seeing that (well except for one) has been all losses. Its either the antag had no idea what they were doing but the Grunts and Elites were foaming at the mouth to get you or the Antag brought there most meta build you can think of to guarantee success.

I know this is nothing new, but I dont know if i can wait for the final milestone that promises to change how the antag system works. And I really love this game.

Im not actually mad, just tired. and btw I love the cosmetic side to this update and ill be bring that up soon.

Whatever

• View Profile
Re: High Concentration of Antags
Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 12:25:10 PM
I think that the majority of players are trying it out to get the monthly scores and imagine it'll calm down once they have something they deem decent or get bored.

Angeles2099

• View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 12:46:46 PM
I said I wasnt mad earlier...but I am now. For real. Rare blueprints since this update dont show up as often as they used to and now Antags are swarming. I finally beat two missions without and Antag and Where was the Rare Blueprint placeds...A Fistful of sand. and Lo and behold we got a Rak Mayura as an Antag and he killed the protector within seconds.

Mse....what the fuck man lol. This is BS

Angeles2099

• View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 12:50:17 PM
I think I'm going on another long break from this game till things chill out.

(EDIT) In Hind-sight, being an Antagonist is fun, its even a bit exhilarating because hunting players as apposed to predictable A.I is way more exciting. You have nothing at all to lose, you get your ass kicked...no sweat.

But if your a raider who is trying to reach a goal well f-me right?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 01:00:15 PM by Angeles2099 »

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 05:05:03 PM
I think I'm going on another long break from this game till things chill out.

(EDIT) In Hind-sight, being an Antagonist is fun, its even a bit exhilarating because hunting players as apposed to predictable A.I is way more exciting. You have nothing at all to lose, you get your ass kicked...no sweat.

But if your a raider who is trying to reach a goal well f-me right?

Don't worry, it will get even better when Antagonists are able to control grunts.

There's also the "The Aurora Specters":
The Aurora Specters
Spacelords thrilling 4 v 1 gameplay will be further boosted with the arrival of the Aurora Specters, daemonic entities whose eldritch powers are only rivalled by their thirst for the Raiders’ blood. Something wicked this way comes…

Oh boy...

By the way, wouldn't it be better if you posted your complaint over the "How do you Prefer your Antag Matches?" thread? It would give an insight in how quickly people change their mind.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 08:45:08 PM
Yea the amount of antags has reached stupid levels, I can’t see how ppl are going to put up with this much longer. I called it before it was added, this adventure mode was going to promote nothing but issues, on top of it being and unfair system for PVE players, the way it should have worked in order for it to be fair is that between the raider and antagonist score from a map, only the highest should be taken into account, allowing for ppl to CHOOSE their playstyle or do both. But we all know that “CHOOSE” is a naughty word, can’t have any of that in the game…

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 09:44:37 PM
What a fucking surprise it's not like anyone could predict this would happen lmao. Well let me make another prediction... The antag queue times will start to get even longer as more raiders quit and everyone is trying to antag for high scores.

I know, it's almost as if MSE just says they're listening to feedback the ignore it all and do a bunch of dumb shit noone asked for

cloudbunnies

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 10, 2019, 09:53:23 PM
well when people see the game updated they're gonna wanna play ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Crash

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 10, 2019, 11:46:47 PM
I honestly find it strange at times in to why people are giving this game the time of day, not because it's bad, the core concept is good (no, not the developers idea of the core concept, that being a 4v1 game with absolutely no balance at all), but forced unbalanced antagonistic game play is what drives most people away from an otherwise fun pve experience.

I've been tempted quite a few times to come back onto the game again but then I remember "Is it really worth getting this angry at a game just to get those few rare games where an antagonist may not join so I can have some actual fun?" and the answer is no it's not.

Frezbone

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 11, 2019, 03:17:46 AM
Lol i am out, so many raks on high mmr maps worse yet boss maps.  Either weaken mobs and their  effects like knock back or make antag have weaker dmg.
Or jus let me take off antags
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 03:24:55 AM by Frezbone »

Angeles2099

• View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #10 on: May 11, 2019, 11:01:24 AM
You know I said I was going to take a break but here I am still trying lol. Antags are still coming in out of the wood work but I had to lower my expectations to make playing easier.

I like this game way too much to just walk away, but playing with randoms who barely understand what to do makes things, difficult. But anyway I said all I had to say for this thread.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 13, 2019, 07:50:09 PM
I'm just going to star by saying I don't mind getting my ass kicked every now and then.....but with this last major update Antags have a very very good reason to get out there and really kill you more than ever with the Monthly rewards on the line.

I literally have been having back to back to back Antags showing up left and right and there not even repeat players. Like jesus, this feels like Dark Souls, Dead by Daylight or some other morally curbstomping game.

When I got on I saw a Rare Blueprint available and every match since seeing that (well except for one) has been all losses. Its either the antag had no idea what they were doing but the Grunts and Elites were foaming at the mouth to get you or the Antag brought there most meta build you can think of to guarantee success.

I know this is nothing new, but I dont know if i can wait for the final milestone that promises to change how the antag system works. And I really love this game.

Im not actually mad, just tired. and btw I love the cosmetic side to this update and ill be bring that up soon.

You HAVE to lower MMR now, it is an unavoidable thing for Raiders. Lowering MMR does a few things to reduce antag invasions. If you have a low MMR as a raider antags will be less likely to have the AI advantage over you, as in the AI will be more weaker and easy to deal with. You will also get less higher level antags at lower MMRs and those you do get will be lower level antags. Most high level antags know that lower MMR players have the advantage and so are less likely to go super low.

I keep mine around 20% or lower and we hardly get antags, and the ones we do, poor guys, we kill easily. but can't feel bad for antags, when you ask to greif others and ruin their progress and they kill you it's hypocritical to complain.

You can either play peaceful antag and slowly get MMR lower but you will hit a wall at about 20% where you will win 50% of the time because the AI is strong against most Raiders and they die anyways even if you AFK. OR, you can make a surrender group of 3 or 4 people and quickly drop in MMR as you vote surrender games down.

Until they fix the AI difficulty in the game to not be too weak or too strong this is the only way forward it seems for savy players.