Author Topic: May 8th update concerns, teamwork sabotage  (Read 3126 times)

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
May 8th update concerns, teamwork sabotage
on: May 02, 2019, 06:51:15 PM
What is going on with this upcoming update, I want to be exited for the new cosmetics, melee weapons, that stuff looks great but now the cons are starting to pile up, it’s hard enough getting ppl to work as a team and now we are going to have this childish MVP nonsense to stroke jimmy’s little e-peen.

Then we have the game going casual with ammo drops, aleph drops, are they going to keep removing cool features that made the game so much fun, unique? What’s next, are we going to get constant HP regen regardless of stress so it can work like every other 3rd person shooter?

Basically these 2 features (especially MVP) seem highly unnecessary and in the case of MVP potentially damaging to the game experience, if you want to reward a player that put in more effort do so with the games currencies but make it private, the fact even now we see other ppls rewards, if they got or failed a BP roll, how much gold/bp they were given, all this is already pointless and only serves to annoy older players because they are many times given less rewards even though they probably ended up carrying the match.

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Re: May 8th update concerns, teamwork sabotage
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 07:57:37 PM
I am concerned as well, that it will push some bad behaviour because everyone wants to do the jobs that bring the most points, but I'll voice my concern (if there is any) after the patch.
I'm sure the devs thought of most things and should be able to patch the things they forgot.

Ingrediente T

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 08:38:39 PM
I also think that a lot of changes made in this game since the release were for the worse,
like the mmr system, the advantages per lvl, gun forges among other things i will not go into detail again. I also didnt like the idea of ​​having to collect aleph and ammo, this will make the game less dynamic because we will have to waste more time collecting after finishing the enemy. Useful would be for the enemy to drop the collectible only when the executioner had the maximum of aleph or ammo, so yes,
only in this case, it would be a really interesting feature.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 08:40:51 PM by Ingrediente T »

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 03:38:05 AM
I also didnt like the idea of ​​having to collect aleph and ammo, this will make the game less dynamic because we will have to waste more time collecting after finishing the enemy.

Yep, and this can already be experienced to a degree when playing Aneska, its very noticeable how going for the batteries breaks the flow of movement you would typically have with other raiders, but at the very least although annoying it’s a unique feature of hers and it only applied to batteries, she still gathered aleph and ammo with the same fluidity that everyone else did. So on one hand it looks like it’s going to break the flow of movement/combat and on the other hand it will also make aleph/ammo collection in general for the party extremely easy, too easy, not to mention boring since we will have ammo boxes littered throughout the level like any other shooter, breaking even the atmosphere since seeing floating ammo boxes isn’t exactly immersive and will make everything look “gamey”.

I'm sure the devs thought of most things and should be able to patch the things they forgot.

I’m not saying that can’t be the case, but it would be a 1st for me, in all my years of gaming I’ve never seen anything positive (when it comes to teamwork) come from an MVP feature, MVP always promotes selfish and inefficient behaviour and are many times inaccurate anyways, taking into account the wrong things. They are also taking it one step further with this loadout thing, I really hope this is something we can turn off/opt out off somewhere, can we at least have that MSE? Please? I couldn’t care less what loadout others are running nor do I want my loadout out on display.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 03:40:57 AM by Whitebleidd »

Whatever

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 04:31:07 PM
I don't really mind them seeing what I'm using, sharing that isn't a big deal I think.

The MVP thing, I can see it potentially making people less focused on the objective I think we should wait to see how it's implemented first.

I do however, completely agree on the floating ammo/batteries/aleph thing and they should all be automatically collected unless at full/90%ish of total, aleph not withstanding.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 10:31:04 PM
Geez, first-naked Loath, now discoball, cat-hats and heart-guns, what's next pumpkin hats and santa skins. Oh my goodness, that's totally not my thing.

I know MSE want's to gather new players, but turning Spacelords into somthing more "over-fortnite-watch", I don't like that. Hopefully this gets not out of hand.

And I'm not either a fan of showing everybody which cards I use. And I also have my doubts about the MVP feature and the floating ammo stuff.

But well  –  let's see.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 09:43:21 AM by B30 »

Aive

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 04, 2019, 12:10:45 PM
i dont have good expectations about skins either. i like that skins and weapons have lore ties. different cqc animations sounds good though and yes i am against showing others my load out as well with floating ammo/aleph.