Author Topic: Sa-dhu is too op  (Read 3963 times)

Lehi

• View Profile
Sa-dhu is too op
on: May 02, 2019, 06:56:23 AM
Sa-dhu is not balanced. Seriously, instant lock-on with insta-kill damage?! Someone tell me how to counter her. Her single shots even have significant damage.

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Re: Sa-dhu is too op
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 10:25:57 AM
apart from some specific raiders (Lycus with shield, Harec Stalk, etc.):
stay behind cover,
dodge to cover,
shoot her before she shoots you (throw grenades, orb etc. at her position)
you're not alone, she is, so once she shoots, rush towards her and kill her,
spawncamp her, know the spawn location on the map.

last but not least: she will run out of ammo if you stick together and not let her melee you.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 12:06:21 AM
Dude, i don't think you ever play this game recently.
Harec has to aim. Doldren has to get close to you / aim. Iune has to aim.

She doesn't have to. In addition to it, unlike her other weapons, as soon as she aim down the weapon, target is acquired instantly. too bad, 2-3 shots you are down, full shots you dead for sure.

By the way, she can disappear from your sight and get angle.

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 09:38:27 AM
dude, ...
I hope I encounter you on the field, you with the Sa-Dhu, and me with guildmates.

I haven't encountered many Sa-Dhu antags, that's true (probably for a reason). But I had my fair share of games.

No worries, I had similar feeling against some other weapons/combos: A Ginebra throwing us off a bridge nonstop, a Iune headshotting us in milliseconds and flying Hans & Alicia hard to aim at and of course the Ignis Harec with good aim.
But all those matches had things in common, the antag was well chosen for that map, the team had no experience with that kind of antag, the team hadn't expected an antag and the raiders they picked weren't well suited for it and the team did no teamwork.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 11:00:26 PM
The other way around. You antag, any, and i will show you how she is unbreakable. Or you can teach me a lesson. Sa-dhu antag has been no issue to me.

Her shots can scatter when the team is in one place. She can down a few, but usually she cannot kill.

Dear MSE, by the way, I admire your creativity. Your team does great job bringing unique weapons and characters. But I consider sa-dhu gives way too much damage with little to no risk.

Lancer

• "Do what you will, you'll do it anyway"
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 06:07:36 AM
Group up, her sha du will devide lockon between group after initial burst rush her, she will have to aim somewhat with sha-du or fully depressurize her gun before she can auto aim again

Aive

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 06:50:49 AM
you dont get much grouping up in solo q. here situation i found myself yesterday: two assault elites, one of them boosted so i decide to bail. turn a corner and here stands "she" with her back towards me about 2-3m away so i decide to grapple... result is she does 180 and melts me. i only experienced that with Lycus on his lucky day and he has severe range limitations. she also has little window to shoot her, Harec stays out of cover long enough to shoot him before he pops you and also can miss, Shae needs 0.5s or so to melt you without you. i tried suppressing her with Konst Smerch and she just pops out loses 50% hp and melts me in return. you say use cover to cover for approach but forget that time between covers is enough to melt AND you have more and more goons plus elites swarming you the more you pay attention to her. take example on a council campaign... 2 minutes spent on antag is enough to have your field filled with mines. there also assault elites moving  you out of cover, shotgun gonns pushing you out of cover and into the mine you go. but yea... on some maps it isnt as prominent, i had less problem with her on 1-3 and the like. effort to play with and against is not balanced. i dont mind one shot weapons but those need some skill and that just does not stand true... look at Aneska's arsenal and how often she can one shot for effort you put in using her guns

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 09:47:09 AM
partially true, if Shae is a raider, she is very good against antags, but so is focus and Aasi Dagan as well. Aasi Dagan can wound antags in one shot. It's difficult to kill if he then takes cover.

The Sa-Dhu can kill in one shot, however the weapon has to be fully depressurized and the antag has to be alone or else the shot spreads to other mobs.

So it still seems fair to me. As antag you can pick a character after the raiders picked theirs, if they pick a shae, handle accordingly. Maybe a Doldren could be useful, Alicia would be the least useful. When rushing in, wait for Shae to have done her great shot and is reloading, or try to be sneaky towards her.
Best of luck antagging :)

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 01:26:09 AM
partially true, if Shae is a raider, she is very good against antags, but so is focus and Aasi Dagan as well. Aasi Dagan can wound antags in one shot. It's difficult to kill if he then takes cover.

The Sa-Dhu can kill in one shot, however the weapon has to be fully depressurized and the antag has to be alone or else the shot spreads to other mobs.

Focus’ focus is instant, but each shot is not much damage. Usually, it does not kill your target in time. Also, you have to keep your target in the center of your reticle to keep shooting or the gun can  clog.

ASI dagan is much more resemble to sa-duh, but you need to keep focus on a target to charge up the gun to give meaningful damage.

Both guns are almost useless when you have your enemy close because either focus or damage is not enough.

Again, sa-duh does not need to focus or aim. Focus is instant with significant damage.