Author Topic: specific tips by default  (Read 2052 times)

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
specific tips by default
on: April 10, 2019, 08:16:31 PM
Hi, at around lvl 200 I figured out, that if you keep "2" pressed, the goal-tips get very specific and would actually help.
On discord people agree, that no beginners knows that.

It seems to me, that this would help beginners a lot, but they don't know it. Why aren't these specific tips on by default. Feel free to have people change it in settings, just like ping/fps etc. Some might even light no tips at all.

I think this wouldn't take much time to program, but it sure would help a hell of a lot.

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Re: specific tips by default
Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 10:54:53 AM
Hi, at around lvl 200 I figured out, that if you keep "2" pressed, the goal-tips get very specific and would actually help.
On discord people agree, that no beginners knows that.

It seems to me, that this would help beginners a lot, but they don't know it. Why aren't these specific tips on by default. Feel free to have people change it in settings, just like ping/fps etc. Some might even light no tips at all.

I think this wouldn't take much time to program, but it sure would help a hell of a lot.

Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Truth is we remade the whole "goal tips" system with new, more detailed explanations and screenhots for both the Raiders and the Antagonist. We also made clearer for newcomer players how to access that menu.

You'll see when the Identity gets released in early May. :)

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Re: specific tips by default
Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 08:26:38 PM
thanks for the hard work and continuing support.  Eager to see how beginners will behave at that point. I hope for the best and look forward to mentor-matches (or whatever replaces them) with people that understand what to do.