Author Topic: reversing passive skills  (Read 2233 times)

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
reversing passive skills
on: March 22, 2019, 07:00:30 AM
a lot of people are angry at newbies, because they don't understand the objective, but also because they die a lot.
They die more than higher tiers because of their lower forge and lower passive skills.
Does it make sense, that in a game with equal difficulty during a match the higher tiers need less tactics, less prudence than beginners?

My suggestion would be to either change the forging or the passive skills to something, that makes lower tiers better at either melee or shooting than higher tiers. To me it would make complete sense that "tier -" receive 50% less bullet damage, and deal 50% more bullet damage than higher tiers.
This way I'd be kinda glad when they join my game. They can play it as a normal shooter and should try to avoid melee. While I (as a higher tier) have to go behind cover when the bullets come flying, and go into melee more often.

You could also make it the other way around and let beginners go into melee while higher tiers have to stay behind and shoot.

Lancer

• "Do what you will, you'll do it anyway"
    • View Profile
Re: reversing passive skills
Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 01:39:13 AM
This sounds a lot like a regression system the a progresion system wich regression systems dont really work cus youd mess all the balancing MS has done...

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 08:09:36 AM
The MMR in a way does what your proposing for the reverse passive effect. I dont think simply getting gunned down is the problem alone.
Not using common sense like;
* seeing an ally about to explode and you stay there wondering if there going to evolve.
* Being oblivious at the fact that the bomb your carrying to the tanks will kill you too while you shoot at it in point blank range,
* Seeing a red outlined player and thinking that spamming grapples will solve everything.
* Seeing a horde approaching and thinking your boss enough to tank all there shots.
* and finally ....not realizing you have powers/abilities in the first place.

Its not the lack of passive assistance that's killing them, its either that there not playing using common sense or there thinking since this game is free that there going to get a cheap game that doesn't force you to play smart.

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 01:56:55 PM
MMR doesn only partially solve this. A tier 1 in a game with three tier - will have a way easier time.

But might I suggest other benefits of being low level, so that you don't have to learn everything at once:
lvl 1-10: being immune to grapples (not punches)
lvl 1-20: being immune to orb or aleph explosions
lvl 1-30: only being damaged by beholder ray
lvl 1:10: getting ammo, when killing mob with a shot
lvl 1:15: getting Aleph from elites, when killing them with a shot.
lvl 1-20: mission objectives (F-button) will happen immediatly and not take time.
lvl 1-30: you don't show your aleph signature to an antagonist
lvl 1-5: your death doesn't decrease counter (just like Hewey)
lvl 1-10: you can respawn while in a survive counter
etc.

And everytime a benefit stops, you should get a clear message in the level up screen that explains what you have to do from now on.