Author Topic: Why is the EXP requirement for antag affinity so high?  (Read 2387 times)

Whatever

• View Profile
Hi,

Can you please tell me the reasoning behind the requirement for 1800+ EXP in order to level up as antag? It seems arbitrary and forces people who want to just play raiders to play more games as antag unnecessarily.

Can we drop this down to 1000 EXP? This way we can help our guilds with the aequelibrum boost without being forced to antag in multiple games thus reducing the fun we're having with the game.

Please.

Please.

lokoangel48

• View Profile
Re: Why is the EXP requirement for antag affinity so high?
Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 11:25:17 AM
It only takes about 2 games as antag, unless you get yourself an exp boost

Whatever

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 11:52:14 AM
Yeah I know, but it could be one. There's no reason I can see as to why it has to be two?

This wouldn't make a difference to Antag mains - they're still going to level up in the same way and jolly good for them - but would help those who have to antag but don't want to in order to keep the aequilibrium percentage increase. But more importantly, these people would get to play the game the way they want to play it. I'd rather spend that extra 30 minutes (say, 15 wait and 15 playing) enjoying my gaming time.

As for the booster, yup you're right but as you can't choose which games you want to use them against (if this were the case I could only use them on Antag matches and we probably wouldn't be discussing this) but they're used sequentially so you only really get one level, maybe 1.5 levels worth out of them.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 12:14:44 PM by Whatever »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 08:50:27 AM
It's not a set number though, from the start of the level system, antag affinity was always set to 10% of the total level up requirement. XP needed to level up will naturally need larger amounts as your level goes up too, but it does eventually cap out. 1 or 2 games should indeed be plenty, depending on win/loss, but back when i cared about changing to antag affinity in the fewest possible games, I always bought a 1.5 booster before antagging. It would guarantee I got the affinity I needed, win or lose, and that booster is priced enough that you can make that gold back in about as many games as it gives the boost for.

Whatever

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 09:55:25 AM
Yes, that’s a work around and thanks for pointing it out, it’s appreciated.

However, if it was changed from the (arbitrary) 10% to (an arbitrary) 5% then we wouldn’t need a work around.

If there’s no gameplay based requirement or reason for it to be 10% then it can be any number and if it can be any number why not make it an amount that makes players time with the game more enjoyable?