Author Topic: sand punch soab pro  (Read 2713 times)

Zopheyron

• View Profile
sand punch soab pro
on: March 04, 2019, 12:42:00 PM
compliments for the son of a  b.... thecnique on the 1-3 sand punch of killing easilly protector for the antagonists. protector must be invulnerable for antagonists to pass the first stage. even a rak or ayana must kill him with one bullet

Tekato

• View Profile
Re: sand punch soab pro
Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 01:27:55 PM
I tried suggesting something similar on discord but it got down voted by trolls because discord is cancer so I left that shit. My suggestion was to make him immune to player dmg after his shield goes down, that way the antag still has a chance to slow the raiders down but not just straight up easily win by killing him.

Zopheyron

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 01:38:50 PM
that may be a great idea

Viner

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 02:40:32 PM
Yes, this mission against the antagonist is broken.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 12:11:59 AM
I killed a lot of old men on my quest for 100 MMR, but it's not as simple as everyone assumes. Antags get such garbage AI that if the mission gets far enough, it's a 4v1 fest with nothing to impede the raider's progress. The raider objective here is "walk to the end and wait" and if nothing stops them from walking to the end and waiting, they win. Pretty easy.

It's stupid easy to spawn camp 99% of characters on this mission and prevent them from killing the old man. There's about 3 or 4 OP setups that can nuke him in seconds, and only 1 of those (Harec) is viable against a team that is spawn-camping, and even that one isn't perfect.

"it got down voted by trolls because discord is cancer "
You mean it got downvoted because people there play as both raider and antag, and know the struggles of both. Knowing the meta is one thing, understand the reason behind WHY something is meta is another.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 03:17:07 AM
I killed a lot of old men on my quest for 100 MMR, but it's not as simple as everyone assumes. Antags get such garbage AI that if the mission gets far enough, it's a 4v1 fest with nothing to impede the raider's progress. The raider objective here is "walk to the end and wait" and if nothing stops them from walking to the end and waiting, they win. Pretty easy.

It's stupid easy to spawn camp 99% of characters on this mission and prevent them from killing the old man. There's about 3 or 4 OP setups that can nuke him in seconds, and only 1 of those (Harec) is viable against a team that is spawn-camping, and even that one isn't perfect.

"it got down voted by trolls because discord is cancer "
You mean it got downvoted because people there play as both raider and antag, and know the struggles of both. Knowing the meta is one thing, understand the reason behind WHY something is meta is another.
This is obviously an exploit and people will use those 3-4 op characters once they see how easy it is. Leaving it the way it currently is just because you're not getting ad support due to incompetent developers not knowing how to balance antag matches is just not a solution. Like I said my suggestion would still allow the antag to slow the raiders down and still force them to dump aleph on the protector once you drop his shield, which almost any character can do with just a couple shots.

Let's say if they fix the mmr and enemy Ai/spawning would you still think it's fair to be able to kill the protector so easily?

Zopheyron

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 10:16:13 AM
as antagonist the main way to win is killing all the riders in the non respawn countdown. I played as antagonist too in that map and without touching the old man. the target of raiders/antagonist battle I think must be a balanced fight, not a fight where a simple trick must determine the victory.

Draco probably a match with all tiers 1 can be more difficult for antagonist, but is not always possible.