Author Topic: Character rework.  (Read 3898 times)

Alex2199

• View Profile
Character rework.
on: February 27, 2019, 10:16:39 PM
Am I the only one who hates Ginebra being stressed 24/7 in cougar form? If she is gonna have 50 health she shouldn't be stressed. Sure she moves fast but as an antagonist, she can be chased down easily.

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Re: Character rework.
Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 08:44:35 AM
Ginebra has her strengths and weakness, being stuck in a circular or otherwise confined stage like the ending of The Enemy Within, Upside Down, or the ending of In Shock are not the best stages to bring Ginebra in, in general unless your looking for a challenge. Because as you said, they can easily chase and flank you.

But if were talking about a wide and spacious level, then at no point should the raiders be catching you especially with certain card speed enhancements. I believe at the time, aside from her overwhelming power of her weapons had, the fact that she can escape and easily lose her pursuers made her way to OP.  Just relocate, lose your pursuers and take pot shots (Rinse & Repeat)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 08:46:18 AM by Angeles2099 »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 08:56:45 AM
Ginebra's cat form is still absurdly OP. Transforming into it, no matter what your health is, will set it to the max that your cat form has. She can dodge and transform to escape any CQC situation due to how fast it is, a smart Ginebra is extremely difficult to kill.

If Ginebra has 1 HP left and changes into cat (which is instant), she recovers to 50, or with certain card builds, up to 170 health. I feel like this was an oversight that should be addressed. But it really sounds like you have never fought against an enemy raider Ginebra just running around for 200 seconds on survive with no way to stop her, and it shows.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 11:25:22 AM
Am I the only one who hates Ginebra being stressed 24/7 in cougar form? If she is gonna have 50 health she shouldn't be stressed. Sure she moves fast but as an antagonist, she can be chased down easily.

You’re not alone, makes no sense from either a gameplay or lore perspective, the 5th council somehow designed a hunter unit, so-called “Sabertooth” chassis, that can be seen through walls, a large cat that cannot stalk, its ridiculous.

Ginebra's cat form is still absurdly OP. Transforming into it, no matter what your health is, will set it to the max that your cat form has. She can dodge and transform to escape any CQC situation due to how fast it is, a smart Ginebra is extremely difficult to kill.

If Ginebra has 1 HP left and changes into cat (which is instant), she recovers to 50, or with certain card builds, up to 170 health. I feel like this was an oversight that should be addressed. But it really sounds like you have never fought against an enemy raider Ginebra just running around for 200 seconds on survive with no way to stop her, and it shows.

lol man Ginebra absurdly op? get real, she has been overnerfed, they took a huge part of her transformations usefulness, nerfed her weapons, not to mention she is the only 5th council that has to reload… her ability to transform in an instant is almost all she has left, in a game where a single crit from almost any weapon instantly downs any raider, if someone manages to react when they are down to 1hp they deserve to escape and get that measly hp back, u cannot lose sight of her now, in most cases a single additional bullet will drop her again, sooo… shoot? I mean unlike raiders, you guys get to see what you are facing, maybe bring a hitscan weapon if there’s a Ginebra. She is not a character you should expect to melee and come ahead same with HIVE and Rak (for very different reasons but the result is the same, an unsuccessful melee encounter), so plan around it, isn’t that one the antag mottos…

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 10:08:49 AM
Here's a video demonstration of infinite health while being swarmed:
https://www.facebook.com/welter.wilson.7/videos/2123340744447437/

He said he is using Allotropic Booster. Vixia says that using that same card, and paired with Dual Battery, gives cat mode 170 health with x5 aleph, which as shown in the video, is refilled just by transforming into cat mode.

I am saying the instant health refill while under fire seems like an oversight with her transformation mechanics, like how we had 100% damage immunity Kuzmann for a little while. Having stress doesn't matter when you can heal under fire and have arguably one of the greatest mobility speeds in the entire game.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 09:07:15 PM
Here's a video demonstration of infinite health while being swarmed:
https://www.facebook.com/welter.wilson.7/videos/2123340744447437/

Well he is testing that in single player and I’m assuming at a low difficulty, those shotgunners were doing very little damage, I doubt it would look the same at any decent mmr, he would probably get downed while transforming out of cougar, I know it happened to me a couple times since I rolled for the card (regular version) and tested it out last night. I had loads of fun with it, I could still get downed as I said but that extra life gave a push to survivability that made catform not feel as underwhelming.

If it gave her invulnerability while changing maybe I would agree on it being broken, but as it is I hope MSE doesn’t change it, though we all know how much they like them nerfs… Now I really want to farm some 5th council FP to get the rare version.

Lancer

• "Do what you will, you'll do it anyway"
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 01:55:22 AM
I usually only use genibra for antag hunting ... And in some cases yes she can be OP like most raiders In the sence of weapons and ability use

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 08:35:33 PM
I think the only thing that should change is the stress level. If they wanted to make Ginebra no longer able to follow up a wounded stated with an execution then I agree, lowered the health was good. But if i am to take it seriously as an escape mechanic, which is the only other use it could have at this point, then removing the stress would make this more effective. Otherwise it's too easy to catch her if you can see her through the walls.