Author Topic: Enemies are on steroids after Patch 1.40  (Read 4170 times)

lokoangel48

• View Profile
Enemies are on steroids after Patch 1.40
on: February 26, 2019, 06:23:42 AM
Sniper one shot instead of a knockdown with around 130 hp

Enemies killing in one clip

Gunships doing more damage than usual

I bet this is a bug, patch notes never said anything about AI being changed ever since the difficulty patch, everything feels jacked

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Re: Enemies are on steroids after Patch 1.40
Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 10:17:40 AM
Hi lokoangel48,

I just explained in another thread that we make adjustements related to difficulty every week, but there could be a bug. Would you please tell us the following data:

- Username
- Platform
- Missions you were playing
- The difficulty at the end of the match
- Your MMR

Thank you and sorry for the inconveniences.

lokoangel48

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 01:22:02 PM
Hi lokoangel48,

I just explained in another thread that we make adjustements related to difficulty every week, but there could be a bug. Would you please tell us the following data:

- Username
- Platform
- Missions you were playing
- The difficulty at the end of the match
- Your MMR

Thank you and sorry for the inconveniences.

So there was a difficulty change after the patch? it'd be nice to have a little notice or alert on a top corner saying something like: "Stronger Enemies or Weaker Enemies but more grunts" letting us know what has been changed so we can be prepared for it

-Username- lokoangel48

-Platform- Ps4

Every mission with a (  ) we were able to beat, every mission with a [  ] we weren't able:

-Missions- (Hanging by a thread), [A fistful of sand], (The Enemy Within) ,(Short Fused), [A weapon from the past], [A breath of hope], [A low blow], (The Beast Lair), (In Media Res), (Double Agent), (The Mouse and the Snake).

-The difficulty at the end of the match were mostly 55%- 42%, and between the two I barely noticed any difference

-My MMR was at 64% when I started playing, it is now currently 55%.

During those missions I experienced the same amount of grunts I've been fighting before the patch but now they are way stronger, so I'm curious if its a change or a bug. Hopefully this helps

MSE_Jvela

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 01:52:41 PM
Hi lokoangel48!

Difficulty is something we're continously iterating on (usually, every week). These kind of changes are little tweaks oriented to mantain the desired game-balance, and they don't depend on a patch launch. It's true that sometimes balance changes are documented on patchnotes, but that happens with bigger and deeper changes, which have more impact on the game.

In this case, the last difficulty changes were specific to some missions and they were published on Thursday 21st, not with the patch. That's why we think the issue you're mentioning could be a bug, and we need the data Karen asked you for to investigate it.

Hope this clarify things, thank you very much!

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 04:06:28 PM
Hi guys!

As MSE_Jvela explained on Discord, we have found the difficulty bug and it was caused by a bug fixing. What we are doing now is to iterate until we recover the game-balance, but you should feel a big difference by now.

Thank you all for your help, we really appreciate it!