Author Topic: My Mentor Match Adventure  (Read 8752 times)

Eikazuya

• View Profile
My Mentor Match Adventure
on: September 30, 2018, 02:49:37 PM

Well, Mentor Match. And a Noob left. Remaining Players suffered.
A bunch of Mobs ganged us. My Ginebra is bad because of lag there is delay in her shot.

Wasted 25-30 mins on this match. The game punishes players like we did something wrong to them in past life. In Antagonist Match both side suffers. BP match gives tons of Stress. Forge is expensive that I don't upgrade to save gold for Hero. Hero price suddenly goes up to 18000. MSE makes a grindy game that is not fun to grind.

I won't be back until MSE makes a big critical change to the game.
I am just disappointed. I want to say that " Artist deserved better game studio "

what a shame, better luck nex...
PUCK YOU CORTEZ !!!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 03:10:41 PM by Eikazuya »

Skyline

• View Profile
Re: My Mentor Match Adventure
Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 04:08:00 PM
Even one idiot who pick Harek as rider is enought for alt+f4 or jump off cliff till lose...what a reason play this? 40 min of tryhard for win with 5.5 raiting FOR WHAT?! :)
Life is too short for wasting her in shit like this...situation :D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 04:11:06 PM by Skyline »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 05:44:13 PM
I hate it when he says, "You can do better than that...", No Cortez, I couldn't.

Brizzier

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 05:49:04 PM
I decided not to play Mentor Matches anymore.

However, a Schneider BP (Yama Boom) was on the first mission of the first chapter.

I played 4 matches. I lost three (all with an hour), won the fourth game (an hour and a half to complete), to win FOR THE SIXTH TIME The Coolest. And all these games had a quitter.

I give up playing Menthor Matches in any situation because these matches were made to be frustrating. 20% xp as a stimulus to play this nightmare is ridiculous and the repetition of BPs is pathetic.

In a few moments that nice guy from MercurySteam comes up here to say "they're listening to all the feedback." But they just listen. They do not take any action.

Next Tuesday I start playing Forza Horizon 4. GOODBYE SPACELORDS!

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 06:55:35 PM
I decided not to play Mentor Matches anymore.

However, a Schneider BP (Yama Boom) was on the first mission of the first chapter.

I played 4 matches. I lost three (all with an hour), won the fourth game (an hour and a half to complete), to win FOR THE SIXTH TIME The Coolest. And all these games had a quitter.

I give up playing Menthor Matches in any situation because these matches were made to be frustrating. 20% xp as a stimulus to play this nightmare is ridiculous and the repetition of BPs is pathetic.

In a few moments that nice guy from MercurySteam comes up here to say "they're listening to all the feedback." But they just listen. They do not take any action.

Next Tuesday I start playing Forza Horizon 4. GOODBYE SPACELORDS!

RNG is always fickle. I'm 1 for 8 on The Coolest, and 9 for 10 on Yama Boom Boom. Good thing duplicates reward me with gold instead, oh wait. I still enjoy the game but I don't blame anyone for taking a break or quitting. With the major games releasing soon I know I'll be spending less time on Spacelords too.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 12:16:19 AM
They do update bast on feedback, it just takes time. I will concede that they are strangely stubborn with the subject of PvP.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 05:42:07 PM
I just ran into wwfdamorte who is level 492 in a mentor match. The problem was that he was the antag and we had a level 3, an 8, a 73 and an 81. And of course he went all out with Lycus using a maxed pepper pot, so that ended instantly. Good to know the community is so supportive of new players that a level 500 is picking on newbies.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 06:49:06 PM
I just ran into wwfdamorte who is level 492 in a mentor match. The problem was that he was the antag and we had a level 3, an 8, a 73 and an 81. And of course he went all out with Lycus using a maxed pepper pot, so that ended instantly. Good to know the community is so supportive of new players that a level 500 is picking on newbies.

I really don't know how long they're going to run with this brutal unforgiving PvP philosophy. I don't want to make more post about it anymore and kind of want to lay low and wait and see, but I hope they got something in store that we don't know about. Because, it looks like they're going to try and push this even more with guilds, which is cool sounding at first glance, but when you look at the state of PvP you realize that it will just be one or two guilds of 300+ players branding their flag on all the missions. People want to believe that there will be a back and forth with a war between guilds, this won't be the case because a handful of wolves will congregate in one or two packs and it won't be them fighting each other, it will be a race to see who can eat the most sheep  (low level new players) faster than the other. This handful of players will be the sole beneficiaries of this system while it will be an terrible experience for new players.

(Extra Optional Sidebar: This was extremely evident in World of Warcraft with the Burning Crusade expansion, no one really say any Raids, it was just a handful of guilds while the vast majority of players were barred from this experience due to not being a part of these elite few. I remember this back then, I'm old. But they adapted and changed this with LFR in the next expansion eventually and fixed the issue.) /sidebar

If they implement a guild system there has to be some form of protection for new payers otherwise these wolves, these high level PvPers will cause the "sheep" to go extinct. Without any healthy "eco system" the system will die. I really try not to care about PvP so much anymore (I'll always hate it, that's life), I just don't want one of my favorite games to go the way of Evolve. I've already been through this tragedy, it sucks.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 07:23:10 PM by Level9Drow »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 01, 2018, 08:52:03 PM
We all played "mentor matches" before they ever had a name or associated extra bonus rewards.

And there was never as many crocodile tears before, as there are now. It's just the new scapegoat, since it has a shiny new name to blame.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 02, 2018, 12:51:39 PM
Hi, guys!

I'm not "that nice guy from MercurySteam" but I'll also say we certainly listen to you and have your concerns in mind when looking for ways to improve the game. The proof is we are always releasing updates implementing features, balancing matchmaking and characters, etc.

With the release of the fourth campaign and the transition to the F2P, a lot of new players have joined Spacelords. And they need time to learn all you know as veterans.

We created the mentor matches with that idea in mind: help and support the newcomers. We know the MMR system is not perfect ( geographical zones and connection speeds might affect the experience) and we keep working in order to improve it, including increasing the rewards for the mentors.

Please, be patient and have in mind these changes take time to apply. Thank you very much, as always, for your feedback.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 02, 2018, 04:58:52 PM
Hi, guys!

I'm not "that nice guy from MercurySteam" but I'll also say we certainly listen to you and have your concerns in mind when looking for ways to improve the game. The proof is we are always releasing updates implementing features, balancing matchmaking and characters, etc.

With the release of the fourth campaign and the transition to the F2P, a lot of new players have joined Spacelords. And they need time to learn all you know as veterans.

We created the mentor matches with that idea in mind: help and support the newcomers. We know the MMR system is not perfect ( geographical zones and connection speeds might affect the experience) and we keep working in order to improve it, including increasing the rewards for the mentors.

Please, be patient and have in mind these changes take time to apply. Thank you very much, as always, for your feedback.

I hate to say it but you made the game worse. I would get into specifics but after one mentor match (2 level 1 players) of In Shock with an antag I'm ready to quit. It's like you are too busy looking at data to actually play the game. We lost because I had to hold the switch instead of just flipping it and the antag simply waited for us to be stuck there to down us.

By the way, this change isn't listed anywhere in the patch notes. I'm sure it was just an oversight, just like allowing antags in mentor matches, right? I mean it's either a simple oversight or you want level 1 players against level 72 antags. Stupid is as stupid does.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 02, 2018, 06:42:25 PM
Hi, guys!

I'm not going to be a negative Nancy. I will be patient. I think most of us notice that MSE is responsive to feedback. I only express my thoughts with concern, not disdain.

You guys work hard and it's noticeable. I think some of us, me included, are a bit too critical and react too strongly to first world problems.

The road map looks great. I am hyped for what is to come.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 02, 2018, 11:13:53 PM
I hate to say it but you made the game worse. I would get into specifics but after one mentor match (2 level 1 players) of In Shock with an antag I'm ready to quit. It's like you are too busy looking at data to actually play the game. We lost because I had to hold the switch instead of just flipping it and the antag simply waited for us to be stuck there to down us.

By the way, this change isn't listed anywhere in the patch notes. I'm sure it was just an oversight, just like allowing antags in mentor matches, right? I mean it's either a simple oversight or you want level 1 players against level 72 antags. Stupid is as stupid does.

And the community wonders why dev responses are so few and far between these days. Trash response from a trash person

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 03, 2018, 12:27:37 AM

And the community wonders why dev responses are so few and far between these days. Trash response from a trash person

Like your thread crying over getting knocked back by the Tolchock? We all get emotional but what benefit does this change have other than purposely making a mechanic have a higher failure rate? Can you even solo this on Insane?

And let's not pretend that you know anything about me. So for you to call me a "trash person" reflects more on you than it does on me.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 12:34:01 AM by Hiero_Glyph »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 03, 2018, 12:42:31 AM
Yes but at a certain point it all becomes more of a hindrance than a help. They are CLEARLY responding to feedback. They are CLEARLY talking to us. They are CLEARLY making changes in the game based of our feedback. Let's stop being an ass now and bring up our concerns in a more polite manner.

This is coming from ME, for Christ sake. I have decided to dial my ass back because I actually like this game and want it to do well and blowing a gasket every time I get an Antag in a mentor match with one disconnect a level 1 and a level 12 isn't going to help anything. Or when the AI become super Sayans and punish me for grouping. Do these things suck? YES. Do I feel they are unfair? YES. But I we have to just let them know what's going on constructively now and let them look at the data.

Dial it back. If you like this game, dial it back a bit.