Author Topic: Antagonist can't spawn/control body  (Read 3178 times)

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Antagonist can't spawn/control body
on: September 26, 2018, 02:04:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpAck53wGcc

Sometimes when trying to spawn, antag either cannot spawn at all, or their body will appear and the raiders can kill it, but we never get to control our body. Also, there is a very long delay between the raiders killing my lifeless body, and the respawn timer starting again.

This has been happening ever since the Spacelords update, it happens in almost every antag match I have played at least once. It happened more times in the same match in my video, but it was especially bad during the time shown, and caused me to miss the entire turret section of the mission.

I am currently turned off from playing at all, since antagonist is the mode I want to play. It takes me 30 minute to find a game, then I fight a team with 10-20% lower MMR handicap (this one was 42 vs. 55%), but I also can't even play half the time :(

Eikazuya

• View Profile
Re: Antagonist can't spawn/control body
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 04:09:58 AM
Also happens to Raiders. Respawn Timer taking long to show. Respawned body is just standing and can't control.

Edit : From SEA
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 03:41:15 PM by Eikazuya »

LoganMaze

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 01:27:41 PM
got the same problem, when i am antagonist this happens all the time, keep in mind that i am from south America and most of the time i suffer from 400 ping but the thing is, this doesn't happen to me when i am raider with the exact same ping.

Agent-Z46

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 02:40:17 PM
I've had similar issues a few times. And it can happen at crucial points in the game, causing me to lose. Like the final phase of the Beasts Lair. I will say that I typically get this issue in laggy games or games with a slight delay so it may be a bug related to bad connection. Still hope that it gets fixed.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 05:32:02 PM
I have read this in some thread, but I don't remember which.

When you are a raider, you are matched with people in your "area", which is closer and with usually better ping. However, antag can be from out of your "area", even out of your region. They can be in Europe and Asia, for example.

Sometimes when trying to spawn, antag either cannot spawn at all, or their body will appear and the raiders can kill it, but we never get to control our body. Also, there is a very long delay between the raiders killing my lifeless body, and the respawn timer starting again.

And the above happened when I played as a raider in the US. Antag seems to be in UK. When he received an invitation from us, he could not join. When we received an invitation from him, we were introduced to PS store to download a Spacelords game.

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 05:25:49 PM
Hi!

It looks like a connectivity issue. We are investigating it.

Thanks for the report.