Author Topic: "Initiating Mission" Lockout ps4  (Read 3559 times)

SomeGuy

• View Profile
"Initiating Mission" Lockout ps4
on: September 25, 2018, 12:41:41 AM
Details:
I played for an hour or so on ps4, turned off for a while. When I came back to it a few hours later, I got stuck on an "initiating mission" loading screen playing as raider, before even getting to the character select screen.  It hung there, and the loading icon continued to flip as if it were loading, could still move the pointer around, and screen still shifted about. Waited. Waited.  Got 5 minutes in and quit, then came back.

It stays there on every match now, regardless of mission. I can't get to the select screen.  I get further locked out because the game considers me to have "participated" in the game, and sees fit to punish me for "quitting early." If I quit the game completely, and return to it, it allows me to attempt to rejoin... Then stuffs me back into "initiating mission,' where it endless loops again, until the match is over and I get punished again.  I'm on the fourth game I've attempted to join, in a row, where I'm stuck on "initiating mission" and then getting stuffed in the naughty corner for being unable to join, despite trying.  Not only is it unplayable- I'm being actively punished by the MMR and the "don't be garbage and quit early" code.

The only thing I can see that might've caused this was I was level 31 when I took a hiatus.  The final level of one of the mission sets was locked at 32, and when I came back, you guys had lowered the requirements, so it opened up for me.

I love the game, but unless this is fixed I outright can't play it.

SomeGuy

• View Profile
Re: "Initiating Mission" Lockout ps4
Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 06:18:34 AM
Posted in another post because reasons:
I got rewards for games 3 hours after the fact I never got to join them. They were obviously lost (judging by reward amounts), but that I never participated in them, because the game endless looped before I could even pick a character.
it's free stuff for the most part, but I don't like it. I'd much rather play for the things I'm rewarded/got my butt kicked by a decent antag over. Please fix this.

PS: the preview button in the forum isn't working.
what the hell, guys.

SomeGuy

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 06:33:51 AM
additional because I can't find the edit button, or there simply isn't one:

Still can't play after further testing.  Lock out at "initiating mission."  I went ahead and employed some friends to test it.

Not only can I not play your game, everyone on my friends list willing to give it a go gets stuck on "initiating mission" and has to force quit via playstation button.  Same issue as above.

I have swapped/reset routers.
I've restarted.
I've reinstalled.
I've completely flushed my IP and reset it.
I've tested other games, and none of them have any issue, and are in fact running slightly faster than usual after the IP renew.

What the hell did you do to the netcode, guys?

I don't wanna blame you, but as Lycus would say: "Holy fuck, what the fuck man?"

SomeGuy

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 09:32:27 AM
Even futher update:
I was able to do 2 matches.
1 I was able to select a character.
the second I was "initating mission" locked as usual. When I returned I was allowed to return to gameplay and join the match, but not select a character as I was far outside that selection window, having to quit completely and reboot via playstation button.  I was "given" Hans on a mentor match. Didn't care, got to play.

Currently stuck again on initiating mission.  For entirely arcane reasons where even the most eclectic solutions, such as changing language options, have no effect.  Yes, this is after router stuff.

I'm sitting here, about to get punished by your code again, for trying to join, rejoin, rejoin, rejoin, rejoin, and further rejoin a game.

And there is still no answer for it.

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 04:33:03 PM
Thanks for the report, we are on it!

MSE_Hellath

• PR Manager
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 10:55:02 AM
Hello SomeGuy. We are investigating the issue at this moment. May you tell us what's your gamertag, please? Thanks!

SomeGuy

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 06:33:42 PM
Heya. The patch you put out recently to 1.3 on ps4 seems to have completely fixed the issue.  Thanks!  I can slap some people around again with grapples and totally not get destroyed by lvl 100+ antags.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 09:57:31 PM
I don't know about your issue and it seems to be fixed now anyways, but the forum's Preview and Edit (called "Modify" in the top right corner of your own post) buttons work for me just fine. I typically browse on Firefox and have not had any trouble with the forums.