Author Topic: Spacelords Update 10.4 Patchnotes  (Read 10936 times)

Nemo

• View Profile
Re: Spacelords Update 10.4 Patchnotes
Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 11:59:36 PM

Whilst the increase to Common Blueprints at Tier 1 is welcome, I don't think tweaking the numbers will really help, as the current rewards system is flawed, at least when it comes to Blueprint acquisition.

To acquire a Blueprint for a character, you have to first wait and see if a Blueprint reward is on rotation.

Then, if you want to play as a Raider, you have to see if the character you want is available for the mission itself. For example, Lycus is unavailable on Hanging by a Thread, Ayana is unavailable on A Low Blow, Schneider is unavailable on In Medias Res, etc.

Then, you have to consider whether the character is a good fit for the map. Some maps tend to have objectives and bosses that are far away, so some characters can't really do much to help the team. For example, Ayana can't really do much to damage to Uras' ganglions, Marmalade's weak points, or to the 5th Council's weak points, so it would be a bad idea picking her on those maps, even if you wanted a Blueprint for her.

Then, if you get to the character select screen, you have to hope that no one picks your character, else you're dead in the water already. I've heard players complaining about others on their team going AFK, leaving, or worse, if they don't get the character they want at the beginning. Moreover, if you're playing with friends who are in the same Aequilibrium group, and you all want to play as a certain character, then there are going to be problems. This is somewhat less of an issue for newer players than veteran ones, but it's still a problem.

After these hurdles, you then have to win the mission, and hope to get a good score. Unless your teammates are kind enough to bring some Treasure Hunter weapons along, there is no guarantee that you will win the roll.

Then, even if you do win the roll, you have to hope that the weapon Blueprint is one that you actually want, otherwise all this hassle has been for naught. Most characters have 2-3 Common Blueprints, and some have 2 Rare Blueprints. As such, your chances of getting a specific Blueprint can sometimes be 33% or 50%, even before you roll on the results screen.

The game does recognise if you've been given a duplicate Blueprint, but you get nothing if you get a duplicate. Moreover, Blueprints you already have are not taken off the roll, which can be annoying if you get seven Granny's in a row, as some players have experienced.

It would be much better if players were rewarded with Blueprint tokens, that they could then use to acquire whatever Blueprint that they wanted, rather than be awarded with a random Blueprint for the character that they used on that specific reward map. With a token system, players can use whatever character they want, without having to fight with other players. Furthermore, they wouldn't have to suffer through acquiring multiple duplicate Blueprints, as they could use the tokens to get the ones they want.

You could also have Blueprint tokens randomly drop on any map, even if it's not a special reward map. Perhaps give players a 5-10% increasing chance per win to get a Blueprint token, with the counter resetting when they earn one. That way, players would have a reason to keep playing, even if there are no Blueprint tokens available for them during their reward rotation. As it stands currently, a lot of players just check to see if they have a Blueprint reward on a rotation, and once they've beaten that map, they just log off because they have nothing else to do. Having more players online would help with queue times, so giving better  incentives to keep people playing, even if they don't have any special rewards on rotation, would be a good thing. Perhaps also give out tokens to players who win as, or against an Antagonist.

As an aside, at least at Tier 1, there is little reason to complete a map whose 'one-time reward' has already been acquired, as you only get 'Gold (Medium)' or 'Faction Points (Medium)', which isn't very much at all. It would be better, in my opinion, if the special rewards were in addition to the usual rewards at Tier 1.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: September 22, 2018, 12:09:21 AM
What a wonderfully thorough well written response to the issue of blueprints, I couldn't have expressed it any better and you've captured everything I think me and many others would want to say. You have my bump for this thread.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: September 22, 2018, 12:36:51 AM
+1

Nemo

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 22, 2018, 12:45:17 AM
Hello again .

I know what I'm about to ask is kinda off topic but , is the UNDEFEATED counter even a think in-game . The only way I can tell is because it's displayed as a tip every once in a while but I haven't seen anything even remotely resembling it so far . I just need some clarification regarding that tip and (maybe) how exactly does it provide bonus rewards .

Cheers .

I've gotten a little over 30 wins in a row, and I haven't noticed anything too special when it came to the rewards I received. At the moment, the only thing this 'Undefeated' counter seems to apply to, is the Rare Blueprint reward missions.

It might just be a feature they haven't implemented yet.

Nemo

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: September 24, 2018, 06:13:00 AM
Actually, I forgot to mention that newer players, as well as those who've just acquired new characters, will have to play their initial matches with un-upgraded versions of those characters' default weapons.

Some of those default weapons, like Lycus', Alicia's, Hive's, or Ginebra's, can have a hard time dealing damage to bosses or objectives, which would make it hard for those players to contribute to the team, as well as making the match more difficult for the team overall.

I still haven't gotten around to getting weapons for Valeria, both because I don't really want to run the risk of having an Antagonist invade when I'm using a character I'm unfamiliar with whilst using a level 0 weapon, and also because I don't want to be a detriment to the team. 

JestersShade

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: September 24, 2018, 04:11:02 PM
+1 to the duplicate issue

I got many Granny for Mikah before finally getting 1 barrier and the same happened with Iune when I unlocked her, getting multiple common BP for the default weapon Last wish before finally getting 1 Sigh.

So annoying this system.

The token system is a great idea!

pululon

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: September 24, 2018, 07:09:03 PM
+1 to the token system, I got so many duplicates for Hans XD

Nemo

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: October 03, 2018, 05:30:28 AM
I had a Rare Blueprint show up on Beast's Lair, and whilst I wanted to play Iune, the rest of my team ended up picking Shae, Harec and Doldren.

Whilst it was a little tempting to go full Local, I just had to pick someone else to avoid potential disaster. We did alright, surprisingly enough, but I wonder if I'll ever get a chance to get Wisdom.