Author Topic: Strong LOVE/Hate relationship with this game  (Read 4241 times)

Big Chocolate

• View Profile
Strong LOVE/Hate relationship with this game
on: September 06, 2018, 06:28:41 PM
*Not a hate post, I'm still a loyal member, I just have some strong feelings about my favorite game.

I feel like I need to put this in words again, because I really really want this game to succeed and grow, but the systems are just really frustrating me to where I don't want to play anymore (I've got 79 hours logged in game from the past 2 weeks).

*First off, how do you not have any voice, text, JUST CHAT IN GENERAL in your ONLINE MULTIPLAYER TEAM FOCUSED GAME. That is inexcusable and puts a really really bad taste in my mouth, and not just the fact that you can't communicate during a mission, The fact that I can't make any sort of bonds with anyone in game is a gaming sin and should not have been looked past. So let me end this by saying you really really messed up.

*The reward system sucks, just gonna put that out there. I hate the timed rewards, 12hrs, 8hrs....it all just sucks. It makes playing the game after a bit feel old and repetitive and worthless after you get or lose your reward.
Just the fact that the rewards reset on a timer sucks, it should be based on playtime and skill, not your BS timed rewards system.  It's aggravating and has made me stop playing after the first hour (because then Im stuck waiting 12 hours or 8 just to play again). I shouldn't be playing like that in an online multiplayer game, SIN

*Another issue I've noticed, whats with the pairing for the matchmaking?!?! I played with levels 400+ and 200+ against a lvl 60 antagonist. That guy was smoked till he just stopped spawning. THATS NOT RIGHT EITHER, why would a low level get paired like this?

I've got more to vent btw, I'm just going to take a break and play more till I see something else that sparks my memory and then I'll be back to vent about it.

Till then, I'll see you all ingame, if of course the community sticks around, I know I will be staying...unfortunantly, This games hooked me like no other. Really really hope it improves.

Paradigmfringe

• View Profile
Re: Strong LOVE/Hate relationship with this game
Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 09:48:55 PM
someone told me earlier that (on xbox at least) chat is DISABLED BY DEFAULT... which has got to be the most boneheaded design choice in the history of co-op gaming.

Big Chocolate

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 12:57:58 AM
Wait, what do you mean it's disabled by default??? Do you know of a way to enable it? Also I'm a PC Player

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 01:04:19 AM
It hooked me to. I'm a Spacelords crackhead now. Sometimes the crack is laced with rat poison, but you still smoke it.

Big Chocolate

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 04:43:58 AM
It hooked me to. I'm a Spacelords crackhead now. Sometimes the crack is laced with rat poison, but you still smoke it.

Right?! I've never been into games like this but something about it just made it my #1.

Floofy

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 10:26:33 AM
Oh man, i cant help but completely agree with you. For me playing the antagonist is soooooo crazy. It is so underpowered and unfair. I understand that its sorta the point, but they REALLY NEED TO BUFF THE ANTAGONIST SOMEHOW. And the matchmaking, oh boy. One game I was the antag, ( i love the Idea of it, they just need to make it better, ) and i was at that time lvl 29. The ENTIRE team of the raiders were over lvl 100. I put up a fight but obviously I lost. THE VERY NEXT GAME, I played as a raider. Our team was all under lvl 100 and yet an antagonist that was at lvl 390 was pitted against us. ???
Like what? Really? I don't care about mmr or whatever, that lvl disadvantage is insane. It gets me so made, yet, as u said, it's a love hate relationship and I will continue to play. But I REALLY want them to fix this game. A simple quick way it to improve the rewards for antag. It would be so awesome to play this game without getting annoyed at these things. I hope the dev's improve the game soon Cruz there is so many new players like me that will get frustrated by this.

But still, I'll play this game anyway.

AKABUR

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 11:20:44 AM
Oh man, i cant help but completely agree with you. For me playing the antagonist is soooooo crazy. It is so underpowered and unfair. I understand that its sorta the point, but they REALLY NEED TO BUFF THE ANTAGONIST SOMEHOW. And the matchmaking, oh boy. One game I was the antag, ( i love the Idea of it, they just need to make it better, ) and i was at that time lvl 29. The ENTIRE team of the raiders were over lvl 100. I put up a fight but obviously I lost. THE VERY NEXT GAME, I played as a raider. Our team was all under lvl 100 and yet an antagonist that was at lvl 390 was pitted against us. ???
Like what? Really? I don't care about mmr or whatever, that lvl disadvantage is insane. It gets me so made, yet, as u said, it's a love hate relationship and I will continue to play. But I REALLY want them to fix this game. A simple quick way it to improve the rewards for antag. It would be so awesome to play this game without getting annoyed at these things. I hope the dev's improve the game soon Cruz there is so many new players like me that will get frustrated by this.

But still, I'll play this game anyway.
Yup. Pretty much agree with everything you say. -_-

LoganMaze

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 02:04:14 PM
mmr is just so stupid right now, at 60% mmr a lot of players start getting frustrated and loose on purporse to lower mmr (since the gold you gain for your higher mmr is next to nothing) and they end up facing against people of much lower level.
about the reward system: idk how the hell they think its a good idea to lock stuff behind timers, you know who started that trend? fucking facebook games, because they wanted you to pay with real money to avoid those timers or invite friends to the game, i get it they want people to spend more days playing the game (wich gives them more time to putout content) but its just so anticlimatic.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 06:20:23 PM
I don't want to come of as dismissive, but the 10% gold bonus is noticeable. I wish they implemented this with faction though. And although I never see a common BP ever, at least those who do don't lose their chance to obtain it if they fail. I don't want to dismiss the improvements they make. Encouragement is always a better motivation than constant dissatisfaction. Now that we CLEARLY see they are making changes based on our feedback let's not be a spoiled child and say, "MEH, it's too little too late" like the Overwatch community. Let's be a bit more civilized in what we still see is needed.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 07:45:32 PM
I don't want to come of as dismissive, but the 10% gold bonus is noticeable. I wish they implemented this with faction though. And although I never see a common BP ever, at least those who do don't lose their chance to obtain it if they fail. I don't want to dismiss the improvements they make. Encouragement is always a better motivation than constant dissatisfaction. Now that we CLEARLY see they are making changes based on our feedback let's not be a spoiled child and say, "MEH, it's too little too late" like the Overwatch community. Let's be a bit more civilized in what we still see is needed.

It's not too little too late it's just too little Drow.

Eikazuya

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 09:58:21 AM
Blueprint Missions are stressful to play. When antagonist invades, the match becomes silly to play. I always hate Antagonist whether win or loses. Antagonists are like Party-Pooper.
A PvE game is giving pressure nearly as much as PvP game. The game is fun but something is off.
I like Spacelords because of the cool characters but I don't like MercurySteam. I also starts to doubt the game's future. I am not sure if I should keep investing my time on this.

Big Chocolate

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 08, 2018, 05:47:24 PM
Blueprint Missions are stressful to play. When antagonist invades, the match becomes silly to play. I always hate Antagonist whether win or loses. Antagonists are like Party-Pooper.
A PvE game is giving pressure nearly as much as PvP game. The game is fun but something is off.
I like Spacelords because of the cool characters but I don't like MercurySteam. I also starts to doubt the game's future. I am not sure if I should keep investing my time on this.

Oh yeah, I agree with you. Extremely dissatisfied with the ingame systems and lacking of systems. I really don't see how they fucked up the littlest things. This game has small flaws....sadly thats what is going to ruin it. Great game....too many cuts and bruises