Author Topic: Passive bonus' for character specific Skins  (Read 5237 times)

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Passive bonus' for character specific Skins
on: September 05, 2018, 09:25:19 AM
This dawned on me as I was reading the description to all the Skins in the game. Harec's Red Death suit was Augmented for defensive combat with its stone like physical form. Ginebra's "Sabertooth" Heavy Armor similarly was made for higher risk missions. For those who could be thinking Skins are hard enough to get, adding skin specific bonus' to them is unfair." The bonus' I'm going to recommend to Mercury are subtle enough where they likely wont matter too much anyway you look at it but all the same are beneficial.

LOCALS
Harec:
Default Skin - The time it takes to run into a sprint is reduced.
Red Dead - Increase Armor by 15%
Head Hunter - When Stalking your first round is instantly loaded with Aleph.
Elite Corp. Hunter - Ability cooldown reduced by 20%

Shae:
Default skin - Slide Distance increased
Nun Custodia - The sound of your strikes and footsteps are muffled, enemy grunts further than 10 meters take longer to spot you.
Emnu Dagan - Bewitched targets stress levels gradually rises for the duration of the ability.

Doldren:
Default Skin - Gain reduced stress build-up from taking shot damage.
Prisoner of the Pit of Repudiation - Doldren can materialize 5 meters further away from his enemies.

Iune:
Default Skin - Allies that are 10 meters away from Iune have there Stress cool down rate drop quicker.
Vaasi Suit - Ability cools down 8% quicker for every wounded ally within 10 meters.

Umbra Wardogs

Alicia:
Default skin - When entering a sprint while under maximum health, move 20% faster.
Elite Corp. Aviator - Double Jumping launches Alicia 20% higher.
Reborn - Greatly reduce running speeds at the cost of 25% increase Armor.
Umbra Wardog - When targeted by 3 or more grunts, increase fire rate by 20% for 3 seconds.

H.I.V.E.
Default Skin - Regain some ammo if taking shot damaging while draining an enemies essence.
Destiny's Bride - While wounded, H.I.V.E is able to trigger her ability at 60% reduced healing of the amount of Life Essence currently stored.

Loath:
Default Skin - When out of Ammunition gain increased strike damage towards Grunts.
Grendel - Increase Resistance by 20%. After spending 9 seconds in Beast Form any remaining Elite or enemy Player within 15 meters increases your Rage by 25% each.

Rak Mayura:
Default Skin: Kills from a running strike retrieve additional ammunition.

Hades Division

Lycus Dion:
Default Skin - Your strikes regenerate your shields.
Prussion Mercenary - When taking fatal damage and at 60% of your shield capacity you instead heal for 25% your maximum health.

I was going to continue to do one for each character but I got tired of it so yeah I think you know what your thinking....am I right?

« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 09:28:03 AM by Angeles2099 »

Dagg73

• View Profile
Re: Passive bonus' for character specific Skins
Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 09:52:25 AM
WOW!!! Sounds great but in my opinion too many people would say no, cause it looks like "pay for win". Anyway i love your idea!!!

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 10:13:42 AM
yeah sounds cool, but would probably bring on the "p2w" complaints which is definitely something this game has avoided thus far.

JestersShade

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 10:24:39 AM
And apart the p2w, it would lead players to choose a skin for it's attribute and not for it looks, which is not nice.

Personally, I wouldn't like that: a skin should just change the looks.

Or, from your idea, a way to add an attribute to a skin: like the cards or blueprints, a way to get a random attribute on any skin, with some normal ones and rare ones could be an idea.

It would void the p2w argument, and would cost some factions points and / or gold to add the attribute to the skin.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 06:08:55 PM
Skins should only be cosmetic. Something you pay for should never be for stat advantages, this is a bad game model.

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 07:11:00 PM
No matter how "subtle" is the augment, you are paying for something to have an advantage over a free player who dont spend money.

So yes, its pay to win.

Similar to the suits of Black Desert, and that game IS pay to win.

Angeles2099

• View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 09:06:34 AM
I suppose your right, had to get it out of my head.

JestersShade

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 09:39:15 AM
In my idea, you would also be able to put an attribute on the default skin so no, not p2w.

Players who buy skins would just have more choices but not "better" attributes free players can't get.
Again, not p2w

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 04:22:37 PM
In my idea, you would also be able to put an attribute on the default skin so no, not p2w.

Players who buy skins would just have more choices but not "better" attributes free players can't get.
Again, not p2w
With cards affecting builds this would make skins a form of min-maxing. That makes it P2W depending on the build.

JestersShade

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 05:00:28 PM
"Pay 2 win" means that you have to pay, to win.

In my idea, you would be able to put any attribute on the default skin as well and be "as good" as any player who would have bought one, so not p2w, which is different from OP idea where the attributes were fixed for each skin leading to players forced to buy a skin to have a specific attribute.

Adrian_123

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 06, 2018, 06:01:42 PM
NO, ... Skins must be cosmetic.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 06, 2018, 06:03:39 PM
"Pay 2 win" means that you have to pay, to win.

In my idea, you would be able to put any attribute on the default skin as well and be "as good" as any player who would have bought one, so not p2w, which is different from OP idea where the attributes were fixed for each skin leading to players forced to buy a skin to have a specific attribute.

Why do we need more passives though? Players already get increased passives as their account level increases. This would just promote power creep and probably make the game harder to balance overall.

Skyline

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 06, 2018, 06:42:44 PM
What in this situation to do to school students without credit cards? Well besides to drop this game and to play Warframe or Destiny2 ? :D

Angeles2099

• View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #13 on: September 06, 2018, 09:27:57 PM
When I posted this I didn't consider the P2W aspect of it. It just didn't make sense to me how certain skins describe doing something that should happen in game but don't. And I really didnt expect to see how strongly some people felt about the p2w aspect.
I Admit i did get carried away with certain skin bonus's like H.I.V.E.'s Destiny Bride skin but that was My example, having a actual subtle perk like increased sliding is a poor excuse to say its pay to win. it wont make you any better. Im sure they can come up with better effects than I.
As for the current Passive bonus per level, allot of games have that, allot. Its just how they wish to make there games, with time and effort you get more rewards for you long hard work. But what some of you want is to throw that all away and  play it like COD where you only can depend on your skill. Which is fine and great but not all games are going to be like that and you'll likely set yourself up for constant disappointment by continuing to expect that. Spacelords is its own game.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 06, 2018, 09:35:54 PM
Any buff tied to anything that costs money will get shouted down as "Pay 2 Win."  Because any advantage to people who are already better than most is going to be the much more skewed.