Author Topic: Tired of babysitting  (Read 10835 times)

ScerCkan

• View Profile
Tired of babysitting
on: September 05, 2018, 09:23:58 AM
Why the hell do we have to carry these useless idiots lvls 1-20 which at least one of them end up leaving the match and forces everyone to watch all the cheesy cutscenes? 20% mentor bonus my ass. you only get that if theres a lvl 1 and in my opinion there's no difference between a lvl 1 and a lvl 20. And what's with the obnoxious forced cutscene. At least make the whole team vote to watch it or skip it

Skyline

• View Profile
Re: Tired of babysitting
Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 02:39:41 PM

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 05:23:37 PM
The game just released as F2P and players are trying it despite Mecurysteam giving it absolutely no advertising. All new games go through this learning curve at some point and either you accept it and help the community to grow, or you can whine about it and let the game stagnate. I guess we know which one you want to happen.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 05:56:41 PM
They should make the 20% mentor bonus count PER EACH new player on the team and a new player should be redefined as any player from level 1 to 10, while level 11 and higher will not be counted for Mentor bonus.

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 07:18:52 PM
Man i didnt realize how often this gets brought up. But try to see it from another point of view for a change. This games great and if you found this game and was eager to try it out you too will be running around like a chicken without its head for a little while. I mean yes there going to quit (which is unfortunate) and you'll likely fail or struggle harder but they WILL appreciate your help.
And if an Antag shows up like a wolf trying to kill the weakest in the bunch , slap them around to the point of making them force quit.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 07:24:42 PM
No one is saying we shouldn't group with new players or that new players aren't a welcome growth of the game. What many are saying is that they are a huge burden to a veterans progress and maybe they should give more incentives to accept the mission with them to compensate for the liability, more than a flat 20%. I often decline missions that state I am getting a mentor bonus, mostly because I'm burnt out on the previous missions where low level players single handedly costed the mission. I can only accept losses so many times before I get tired of it.

EDIT: Of course from a developer's point of view they could just say, "Well we could just as easily not have ever implemented a mentor system." And that's true, but one uses the system now more as a warning not to accept the match than an incentive to accept. The issue of low level players being a liability (due to many different issues) would still exist regardless of the mentor bonus.

I can't help feel bad for the new players when I decline the mission, because on their side it says that another player did not accept mission (and that'd be me), and wonder how often this happens to them and what MSE could do to alleviate my inclination to decline a Mentor "warning". Especially since BP are more rare now, card shuffling and forge are more expensive now, and faction points are smaller than they've ever been. One may not have the luxury to "afford" to mentor new players. I don't envy being a developer and balancing issues like this, I can completely see how this would be a stressful job to handle.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 07:38:08 PM by Level9Drow »

Paradigmfringe

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 08:52:34 PM
if the game supported voice chat via xbl, it would be a LOT less of a problem. sure, there would be some toxicity (there always is) but at least experienced players would be able to explain to new players what to do.

i'm shouting at dead air over here "STOP TRYING TO PUNCH THE SNIPER ELITES!!!"

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 09:12:45 PM
if the game supported voice chat via xbl, it would be a LOT less of a problem. sure, there would be some toxicity (there always is) but at least experienced players would be able to explain to new players what to do.

The game does support voice chat, it is just off by default. You need to go into your settings and turn it on. Needless to say this does not help for teaching new players because you have very limited options for communicating with them.

Skyline

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 10:18:11 PM
We always can to refuse from mentor game or play only mission where they can't ruin like mission with Lyra sphere or IN SHOCK or NO RECERVATION...ofc almost impossible complete mission with Loaht with baby riders :)
I personaly like play with new players,i hate play with Hareks and not matter lvl 1 or 400+ ...same crap:D
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 10:20:08 PM by Skyline »

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 01:50:46 AM

The game does support voice chat, it is just off by default. You need to go into your settings and turn it on. Needless to say this does not help for teaching new players because you have very limited options for communicating with them.

This doesn't apply to PC users. We need a voice chat.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 06, 2018, 01:52:58 AM
UGH!!! I was about to get so HAPPY. I thought maybe I was missing something and I could go home and turn on voice chat. But only for consoles. ;_;

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 06, 2018, 04:33:08 PM

This doesn't apply to PC users. We need a voice chat.

I was responding to someone about XB1. I agree that PC needs a voice chat but having the option off by default makes it pointless with randoms anyway. For organized groups there are plenty of third party voice apps available.

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 12:59:27 PM
With the new F2P model we have welcomed tens of thousands of new players. These new users are very important for the future of game, and in time they will develop their skills and become really good players.

We implemented the mentor matches to support to reward veterans who give a helping hand to the rookies. We are aware that the system is not 100% fine-tuned, and we are thinking about ways to improve it, including increasing the rewards for the mentors.

Also we are addressing the disconnections issue, and we have devised a solution we think you will like and that will come out in the near future ;-)

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 04:07:22 PM
With the new F2P model we have welcomed tens of thousands of new players. These new users are very important for the future of game, and in time they will develop their skills and become really good players.

We implemented the mentor matches to support to reward veterans who give a helping hand to the rookies. We are aware that the system is not 100% fine-tuned, and we are thinking about ways to improve it, including increasing the rewards for the mentors.

Also we are addressing the disconnections issue, and we have devised a solution we think you will like and that will come out in the near future ;-)
Thank you for all the responses you've been giving us recently. Also are you guys doing anything about the long waiting time for matchmaking? Even with all these new players sometimes it can take over 5 minutes to find a match.

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Reply #14 on: September 19, 2018, 05:37:04 PM
Yes, we always are working on improve it.