Author Topic: From an Antagonists POV  (Read 2102 times)

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
From an Antagonists POV
on: September 01, 2018, 12:45:18 PM
So  I spent most of this morning doing straight Antagonist mode. I'm doing well after just unlocking Doldren but thats not saying to much cause at first all I was killing was new players with some Veterans sprinkled in there. I only lost 2 or 3 time out of the dozen or so  matches but it got to the point where the Raider players -Actually- started killing themselves repeatedly the moment they saw they had an Antag,  that specific thing happend in 3 seperate matches and I even had to message one of them asking to why.

In 3 other matches, 1 player in each team quit immediately after either I first killed them or directly at the start of the game. This actually shocked my roomate who was watching me play.

After a while i started to feel genuinely bad whenever I see level 1s through 20's because there in the wonderment phase of learning a new game and here I am smashing Doldrens foot in there face....repeatedly....alot. I'm not sure if its a good idea to have anyone under level 20 be Antagged by anyone over level 30.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 12:50:43 PM by Angeles2099 »

pululon

• View Profile
Re: From an Antagonists POV
Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 02:09:14 PM
The problem, I think, is that this game has actually two types of players living together (three if we take the solo players), one group that enjoy and want to play with antagonists, the other that only want PVE. And there is a problem since some of the PVE players will drop the game before even try it.
Is an issue largely discussed through the forum, I think that the better solution is giving the player the chance to chose if they want to go PVE or PVP before going to matchmaking, and give much better rewards in an antagonist match, for raiders and antagonist, so you can encourage this mode.
I think that with this option you will have people that want only PVE happy, and better quality for the antagonist matches.

Hyugga

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 12:25:26 AM
 A quick solution , have in the pop up screen before the match a display that your playing against an antagonist , same as it shows that its a mentor match. That way you ether accept or decline.

Hyugga

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 01:36:52 AM
I know, so that tells you that almost everybody hates it. So you can do what everybody in this site is sugesting, gives us some bonus. How about doble the money and exp ? Or something like that. If that was the case I would be playing with antagonist all the time.

LoganMaze

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 02:48:40 AM

i got into the game with the news of a conversion to free to play and 1 of the developers (long haired one) said that you would get more rewards when loosing against an antagonist than you would get when winning without 1, i dont get why they didnt aply that, it would also somewhat help with the gold problem and you wouldnt feel so frustrated when loosing and you can focus on having fun.