Author Topic: New bp system  (Read 20046 times)

Arvid

• View Profile
Re: New bp system
Reply #15 on: August 25, 2018, 10:52:54 PM
Yeap 100% Agree

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 26, 2018, 12:06:37 AM
Maybe I feel the game not so fun without BP reward by now. I was ok to throw my several hours for grinding just for testing characters and weapons new to me. The new reward system gives me no reasons to stick to the game after completing 3 bonus games.

Playing as antag? I feel guilty ruining someone's game more than feeling challenging/fun/satisfaction because of the reward system, but losing an antag game is a complete waste of time because of little rewards.

In the previous reward system, 2-3k gold in avg, but I could expect about 5k gold if someone went for BP and 10k affiliation (2 on gold). (24% Bounty Hunter) Even if losing a game, 1k gold is not that bad. even BP sometimes drop. I feel tired of continuing searching for another game.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 26, 2018, 12:35:48 AM
And another big problem with this "only one bp on just one specific mission every 8 hours" is e.g.: You need the blueprint for Dr. Kuzmann but the bp showed up on the "In Shock" mission, what now? Then just wait another 8 hours. I never thought that it would be even more difficult to get blueprints after the new update, so I was probably wrong. But if that's what you wanted MS, then congratulations you did an excellent job on that.  :'(
This is really ruining the game for me. :(

Play that map as antag, if the character can't be used there

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: August 26, 2018, 07:00:17 AM
Here's a REAL wrench in the Blueprint system, Draco. What if another player chooses the character you needed the BP for? You whole entire chance for 8 to 12 hours just got FUCKED and wasted. This is the worst thing they've done man. They need to revert back to random chance on EVERY mission. This 8 to 12 hour bullshit for just a CHANCE is horrid.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: August 26, 2018, 09:40:21 AM
Oh there's a ton of problems with the *exact* way everything is set up now. I was just offering a solution to that one particular issue of blueprints on a map that have locked characters.

I personally never liked the idea of getting a blueprint for a character you use in that mission, it has so many problems.... but it's literally something people have asked for since the start of this game, and some people are happy about that. MSE listened, unfortunately it was to a terrible idea that was just repeated 1000 times.

There's ways to use the systems that have been implemented and make this work well. It doesn't have to be overhauled completely, reverted to "the old way" or anything like that. Just make big changes to the numbers-- how many rewards are added to the mission screen, how often they rotate, etc. Make sure to have all reward types guaranteed at least once per rotation. Stuff like that. I could write out how I recommend fixing the new economy, but it's already beating a dead horse at this point and I don't think anyone would care to hear it.

AKABUR

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 26, 2018, 02:36:18 PM
I really REALLY miss the old reward system now. It was not nearly as frustrating as what I have to deal with now. And most of the time the rewards are just minuscule... And the blueprints are so hard to get now it's crazy 0_0

AKABUR

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: August 26, 2018, 02:37:35 PM
Here's a REAL wrench in the Blueprint system, Draco. What if another player chooses the character you needed the BP for? You whole entire chance for 8 to 12 hours just got FUCKED and wasted. This is the worst thing they've done man. They need to revert back to random chance on EVERY mission. This 8 to 12 hour bullshit for just a CHANCE is horrid.
Yes! This! I experienced this twice already! It's so damn frustrating!

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: August 26, 2018, 05:20:54 PM
I don't know what to say anymore, I am tired of this BS blueprint system, this was my fourth try and I stand here empty handed (1. duplicate, 2. not earned, 3. no bp on grid, 4. duplicate). I turned of the game now, because this is beyond frustrating …

Deathprize

• View Profile
Reply #23 on: August 26, 2018, 05:34:06 PM
Why have they made them so much harder to acquire? Surely it makes more sense making them a bit easier to get because is not as if you are going to completely get everything in a short amount of time due to the gold costs. If anything people may actually spend on the gold therefore generating cash flow.

The new system would make sense if you could buy the blueprints but you can't. This doesn't mean I think this should happen.

A new player coming into the game for the first time is just going to think it's a complete grind fest, especially since they have to play the same level multiple time to see the next.

With casual play it would take a month or three just to unlock all the levels. Again this would make more sense with a unlock all levels pack or something like that, but there isn't one.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #24 on: August 26, 2018, 06:00:44 PM
Oh there's a ton of problems with the *exact* way everything is set up now. I was just offering a solution to that one particular issue of blueprints on a map that have locked characters.

I personally never liked the idea of getting a blueprint for a character you use in that mission, it has so many problems.... but it's literally something people have asked for since the start of this game, and some people are happy about that. MSE listened, unfortunately it was to a terrible idea that was just repeated 1000 times.

There's ways to use the systems that have been implemented and make this work well. It doesn't have to be overhauled completely, reverted to "the old way" or anything like that. Just make big changes to the numbers-- how many rewards are added to the mission screen, how often they rotate, etc. Make sure to have all reward types guaranteed at least once per rotation. Stuff like that. I could write out how I recommend fixing the new economy, but it's already beating a dead horse at this point and I don't think anyone would care to hear it.

I agree, because you could use a character who is carded well with max forge weapons to get a BP for a character who doesn't have a good weapon, let alone maxed out, in the first place...as in the situation with Valeria, who's weapon sucks more than Alicia's Novera.

Instead you have to play the gimped character at your higher MMR, not an MMR that would be appropriate for a brand new character, and thus hurting your chances for the BP.

All I can say is one thing. It must be hard to be a developer. I don't believe they thought about this. I think even they realize that it may have been a mistake, and not just because of the playerbase.

The developers have the benifit of playing in ideal situations, and in an ideal environment where you have 3 other good players with you always, and where you probably won't get an antag, the system isn't so mad. The BP pops up, you and your navy seals team go in there and get it, easy peasy. But throw in rising MMRs, because no one wants to peaceful antag anymore it's so non rewarding, being matched with new players, who are now a HUGE liability more than ever on BP maps, and finally antagonists. Then you basically will never see a BP.

I will stick with it, I have a feeling they will fix this. I hope no one gets fired, they are working hard and if they just fix this one BP issue we'll be in an ok spot for the game.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #25 on: August 26, 2018, 06:30:25 PM
Well I just started the game up this morning to find AGAIN that there is no level with a BP drop, again. This is the second day in a row where I don't even have the CHANCE to get a BP. I only got it one time i believe, it was Thursday. And I queued up for it with randos because I didn't understand that this was my only way to get BP. I thought that the missions with BP only INCREASED or guaranteed a BP, and that you got random drop chance like normal on any level. Then I realized, like you all, what we do now. So I waited for the next cycle, mine is 8 hours, and each time I never received a BP mission.

I can't believe the devs would think this is reasonable. Think about how long it would take to get BP for all the characters us veterans have BP for now? Think of how no one would ever EVER spend money on forge until level 150. This means you have nothing to spend gold on really. Think of being a new player and trying to max out ONE character with decent weapons? Think of the same player down the line and he wants to try a new character but can't because all his other characters are gimped with unforged weapons.

The onld system you could use the gold to buy all the characters and when a random weapon drops for a semi-random character (the maps had a set for specific characters) you could then spend your gold on that weapon and try out the new character. Prior to the patch I would NEVER touch a character I had, even if I bought them, that didn't have a BP. They were useless without the BP going against AI with an MMR above 40% (before you laugh at me consider your forged weapons, you think 45% and higher is easy because your weapons are maxed out, think of zero forged weapons now). I got schnieder and didn't tough him, because he was weak, until I got BP for him. No go back to the new player coming to this game and how this situation plays out.

Another day with ZEEEROOOO possibility of BP. I only play now because I am grinding out 5th Council faction in order to get Valeria's RARE Zero Point Energy card (Which is another issue, hardly any faction rewards compared to before). After I get this...what do I have to play for? I have enough gold for a BP or 2, you don't get BP often enough to care to get more than that, I won't need faction, I am not going to get a BP in this 8 hour period. So what incentive is there to play? The old system there was always progress to be made, in the new system they LITERALLY STIFLE PROGRESS, they make it impossible and de-incentivise it.

So off I go, to frind 5th council faction. After that I will only play when I see a BP mission, wich judging by the last few days I will hardly ever be playing. Which will lessen my drive for the game in general, and I will care less and less. I, as many others, will get disillusioned and no longer care and move on to other games.

My hope is that MSE responds to us stating that they realize the issue, and they have something in the works. They don't have to even tell me when, or what exactly, just that they understand the BP issue was a mistake and that they plan on fixing it. THAT ALONE would keep me going, let alone just a fix for it out of the blue.

Dontray

• View Profile
Reply #26 on: August 26, 2018, 06:39:10 PM
I say just revert back to the old system. Random blueprints gave you a better incentive to try new characters and have them better equipped while doing so. You also had more reason to play Antag (besides cards).
With certain missions being better suited to certain characters, this new system is bonkers and it’s a shame the DEVELOPERS couldn’t pick up on that.

If they keep this current system this game is DONE.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #27 on: August 26, 2018, 07:19:24 PM
With the exception of individual rewards. Make the weapons map specific. Get rid of the timer period, 8 hour 12 hour bullshit, and make it a random drop chance ALWAYS. Do they realize that Treasure Hunter weapons are now virtually useless?

I think they changed the system in response to people going into missions with all maxed TH forged weapons and then surrendering as soon as the map started. This was done in rapid succession and would usually result in BP drops.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #28 on: August 26, 2018, 07:26:40 PM
Never mind, I WAS going to grind for faction but after the first game I got stuck in a disconnect loop. I was disconnected at the reward screen and then it disconnected, then it asked me to join a mission in progress, then says it cannot do it and asks me to accept, I accept then it goes back to main screen and ask if I want to continue mission in progress (THER'S NO FUCKING MISSION IN PROGRESS! IT'S OVER! I WAS IN THE REWARD SCREE!), Then I accept and it says it xcant connect to mission yada yada blah blah. So i decide to take the UNJUSTIFIED hit and take the penalty (5 minutes of penalty beats re-connection loop for infinite), BUT the son of a bitch won't let me and asks if I want to rejoin mission AGAIN.

So I won't even be grinding for faction now.

Shadow

• View Profile
Reply #29 on: August 26, 2018, 08:03:48 PM
Doing all the hard work in solo and getting 0 gold is shittiest reward system ever.