Author Topic: 5 minute penalty  (Read 3374 times)

Placelord

• View Profile
5 minute penalty
on: February 08, 2019, 01:14:32 AM
So is there any mechanism in the program that can distinguish an intentional dissertation from one caused by server/system failure.

While I like that people are discouraged from bailing it sucks to get locked out because if a blackout or disconnect.

Also, is the 5 minutes only counted down if the app is open?? I got cut off last I played and 2 days later I'm turning it on to stare at a screen wondering to myself if it's worth it to wait. And also wondering if I just turn it off now, will I have to wait another 5 minutes if I eventually forgive the game and come back to it.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Re: 5 minute penalty
Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 04:44:50 AM
It 'seems' to only count down while actually in the game but I am maybe wrong... I could swear I shut down and it still made me wait after loading up again and obviously the original time had passed while the game was off.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 01:07:51 PM
Hi guys,

We have no way to know the origin of the disconnection, so we apologize for the problems this caused to you. We'll keep working to improve the system so this doesn't happen in the future.

Thank you very much for reaching us.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 08:53:57 PM
In my experience Placelord you have to sit out penalty with game opened. You know, for reasons.. ::)

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 10:24:09 PM
Yeah I see a lot of people who might have been on the fence uninstalling the game if that's the case. Don't get me wrong disserters suck. But put yourself in the shoes of a newcomer. Real time would be more reasonable.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 08:12:28 AM by Placelord »

MSE_Jvela

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 09:08:28 AM
Hi guys!

That penalty activates when you connect to the backend, but once activated, is not necessary to wait 5 minutes with the game running. If that happens it's a bug, I'll check it with the QA team.

Thank you for your support.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 03:09:29 AM
Ah super. That's cool. Because I don't think getting rid of it is a solution.