Author Topic: Buff Aneska's Default Wep  (Read 3635 times)

AngryDango

• View Profile
Buff Aneska's Default Wep
on: February 06, 2019, 05:08:44 PM
So the first weapon that we get when playing Aneska is just awful (I literally don't remember the weapons name because it's so bad). Here are the list of problems that I have with it as its current patch:

1) It's lack of range makes it difficult to hit anything. I'm not saying that it should be a sniper weapon but with the rest of the issues that this weapon has, this might need to change.
2) Reload is deplorable even at lvl 15 quick fingers.
3) The time it takes for the mines to explode is too long.

Individually the issues aren't much of a problem, but because they are all present on this weapon, the weapon is bad.

Here are some ideas to buff her weapon:
Idea 1) Keep the weapon range, and explosion timer, but increase the reload speed at lvl 15 so it feels like she isn't even reloading (maybe a .1s delay on reloads, but you get the gist).

OR

Idea 2) Reload is the same. Make weapon semi auto. Shots have infinitely significant range that stops when it collides with an enemy, obstacle, or when the player releases shoot button. Shooting near the mine again causes it to increase in size, increasing overall damage of the mines while they are idle as well as their duration.

OR

Idea 3) Increase mines duration on the map, but when it damages an enemy with its aura, it explodes .7 seconds later.

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Re: Buff Aneska's Default Wep
Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 06:06:38 PM
Hey there, thanks for all the ideas. :)

I just wanted you to know that the guys in charge of weapons in the game are already working on Aneska's default weapon. ;)

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 12:15:04 AM
Is there any consideration on letting it drop at her feet like Ayana's mines by pressing in the left stick? It seems like it'd be a relatively perfect fit considering the explosion time 'should' give you time to get clear. All I personally see might need tweaking is the explosion time and unusual interactions with solid objects. It might just be easier, albeit rough, to just give it punch through so what we see as the explosion penetrates objects is actually what happens because as far as I can tell it is getting stopped. Ergo, placement of shots can sometimes result in no damage or at least that has been my observation. Still, great to be able to shoot Valeria's boss fight weapon! Keep up the good work!

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 12:10:20 PM
Is there any consideration on letting it drop at her feet like Ayana's mines by pressing in the left stick? It seems like it'd be a relatively perfect fit considering the explosion time 'should' give you time to get clear. All I personally see might need tweaking is the explosion time and unusual interactions with solid objects. It might just be easier, albeit rough, to just give it punch through so what we see as the explosion penetrates objects is actually what happens because as far as I can tell it is getting stopped. Ergo, placement of shots can sometimes result in no damage or at least that has been my observation. Still, great to be able to shoot Valeria's boss fight weapon! Keep up the good work!

I'm not the one in charge of weapons so I'm not 100% sure, but I think there'll be no mine-like projectile dropping after the retweak but more like changes on range and explosion delay of the weapon's projectile.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 04:46:48 AM
Aww mehn... just try suggest it while everyone is drinking! I actually have seen a number of pros using it quite well but um... they're really good no matter what. They could probably kill someone in the game with a butter knife.

Butterbuff

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 05:25:19 AM
well then again it kinda sucks when characters have similar capabilities since the whole point is that each of these have unique play styles. Aneska can do the Mine laying with the bombardment flare but with the Atlas it's more negative than positive.

on changing the Atlas though, why not change it into a simple charge weapon? just charge the sphere and release the sphere will do more damage, have a bigger explosion, heals the robot more, maybe explodes quicker at max charge, and fits well for being a weapon with only two shots since you can use a fully charged  shot on someone closing in and in case they're still standing then you use a low charged shot to wound them and finish them off with melee.

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 04:33:47 PM
Hey guys! :)

Aneska's weapon has been retweaked in the new patch; https://spacelordsthegame.com/news/patch-notes-132

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 06:56:33 PM
the changes sound exciting! I really wanted this to be a fun and GOOD weapon, will need to try it out after i get off work

(now just buff JK-5 and Hatchet to be fun and good pretty plz? ;) )

littlefaces

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 08:42:51 PM
Hey guys! :)

Aneska's weapon has been retweaked in the new patch; https://spacelordsthegame.com/news/patch-notes-132
Is general bug fixes missing