Author Topic: Still Too Many Antags...  (Read 19636 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Still Too Many Antags...
Reply #45 on: August 27, 2018, 09:28:53 PM
Conflict always seems to be a guaranteed byproduct of human interaction, doesn't it? Who ever wants to be the first one to yield an inch? It's always a sacrifice to do so.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #46 on: August 27, 2018, 09:32:48 PM

Social_Sin

• View Profile
Reply #47 on: August 27, 2018, 09:33:57 PM
Only if there is no pineapple.....or I swear I will go full Antag.

JestersShade

• View Profile
Reply #48 on: August 28, 2018, 04:32:33 PM
Hi all.

I wanted to give a second chance to this game with its re-launch.

I played a few matches that were fine, with no antag, and then one match: we were lvl 8, 1, 4 and 9 with a antag lvl 17: we were just being shot at spawn point.
Very fun game indeed ...

Again, the only solution I see is just a way to turn off antag mode and be 4 players PVE for players who want it.

Some said that Warframe added a PvP but if you don't want to play it, you don't have too. It's a separate game mode I may play some time, but not if I don't want to.

Here, I'm forced to play without knowing if I will play the way I want or not.

I will still launch it from time to time but will quit every time I get an antag and change to another game since I can't rematch for quitting but I don't think I will do that for long.

A shame, truly as the world and gameplay are really nice and after the first games I really wanted to progress in it...

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #49 on: August 28, 2018, 09:14:02 PM
There is a lot less these days. But I think you might have more because you are lower level? I think the antag numbers thin out the higher level you are. I feel the same way you do. I honestly think they have something in the works, but just haven't implemented it yet. Just keep popping in, I'm sure it will change.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #50 on: August 29, 2018, 12:50:01 AM
There’s less indeed and I’ve finally been having more consistent fun with raiders again because of it, but there’s still the annoying tolchok Konstantin and the same old bullshit with the game giving out antags with 20%+ less mmr which is just a free win for them, at least I stopped trying on pvp matches long ago and prefer a quick loss… however  the consecutive win requirement and the fact blueprint rolls are based on match score make antags more annoying than ever and now its way more than just the one match that’s potentially being wasted by them.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #51 on: August 29, 2018, 01:32:10 AM
totally agree, with all of what you've said, except the tolchock. I haven't had an antag tolchock yet. But I play Javelin Ginabra anyways, so I'm not so worried.

Remember they're going to come out with Arena, that will attract a lot of PvPers. BUT, I feel it will only attract the sportsman PvPers, not the troll PvPers. Troll PvPers don't want to fight other PvPers, they want to prey on PvEers mostly. Remember the max level characters in World of Warcraft grave camping low levels in the Barrens? That's the kind that will stay in normal missions.

What we did to get all of our BP was play on a week day night, less antagonists on, and we also drive our MMR down to preferable mid 40% to ensure greater success before doing the missions we need to get the BP. Especially if the BP requires more than one win to get it and if we're using a player or more with TH maxed on their weapon. TH weapons are gimped weapons for combat and higher MMRs are a liability to success. We got all 4 party members BP doing this. BUT, it's sooooo sllllowww to do things this way, and takes so much damn preparations.

Righteous Flame

• View Profile
Reply #52 on: August 31, 2018, 07:02:25 AM
Strikes me that SWTOR has the best system to deal with this.  If you put someone on an ignore list, the game will not match you up with them for flashpoints or operations (Don't know if it does it for straight-up PVP but I think it does.)

This strikes me as the best way to deal with both the antag issue and the troll player.  Somebody wrecks your option to get Blueprints?  Put them on the list and you won't be matched with them.  Troll throws the match? Put them on the list and you won't be matched with them.

This way, people can eliminate the players that bother them.  As those people (and hypersensitive people who overutilize the list) get squeezed out of online play due to having a diminishing base of players who will join a match with them, they will leave the game behind.  This will resolve the vast majority of issues everyone has with the playerbase.

JestersShade

• View Profile
Reply #53 on: August 31, 2018, 09:39:31 AM
Strikes me that SWTOR has the best system to deal with this.  If you put someone on an ignore list, the game will not match you up with them for flashpoints or operations (Don't know if it does it for straight-up PVP but I think it does.)

This strikes me as the best way to deal with both the antag issue and the troll player.  Somebody wrecks your option to get Blueprints?  Put them on the list and you won't be matched with them.  Troll throws the match? Put them on the list and you won't be matched with them.

This way, people can eliminate the players that bother them.  As those people (and hypersensitive people who overutilize the list) get squeezed out of online play due to having a diminishing base of players who will join a match with them, they will leave the game behind.  This will resolve the vast majority of issues everyone has with the playerbase.

The problem with that is, in my experience, most of the time, I don't want to blame antagonists: they're just playing their role.
I don't want to have to "ban" every antagonist player just so I can play PvE.

I (we ?) just want an option to be only 4 players PvE, no antogonist, when I (we ?) don't want to.

Righteous Flame

• View Profile
Reply #54 on: September 01, 2018, 02:11:53 AM

The problem with that is, in my experience, most of the time, I don't want to blame antagonists: they're just playing their role.

I (we ?) just want an option to be only 4 players PvE, no antogonist, when I (we ?) don't want to.

I don't have a problem with that.  However, I feel that, given the track record of games that have split the base with PVP/PVE servers, it'd be far more efficient to just kill the antag system altogether

Bryan.torrey

• View Profile
Reply #55 on: September 01, 2018, 07:49:23 PM
I really like the antagonist part of the game, it really sets it apart, if I had to change it I would say  antagonist should not out rank 3 quarters of your team meaning if three team members are below 25 then the antagonist should be also

JestersShade

• View Profile
Reply #56 on: September 10, 2018, 01:27:25 PM
Again, some frustrating session!

We were in a mentor match: lvl 1, 8, 32 and 60 and ... got an antagonist lvl ... 71!
It was a Doldren and we never managed to get further than spawn point.
Yeah, and the lvl 1 quit in the first 5 minutes.
I'm sure this player must have fell in love with this game ... or maybe not ...

Very fun this way.

So, again, put an option to turn off antagonist ffs ...

I don't want to remove it entirely but just leave it for those who want that.
It will be better for every one as match with one will be with players who want it and are prepared so more interesting for every one.

And if antags can't find a match, it would just mean our point is right and that no one wants to go against one...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 04:56:13 PM by JestersShade »

Agent-Z46

• View Profile
Reply #57 on: September 10, 2018, 04:39:29 PM

I don't have a problem with that.  However, I feel that, given the track record of games that have split the base with PVP/PVE servers, it'd be far more efficient to just kill the antag system altogether

That would be really unfair to the players to really like the Antagonist system.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #58 on: September 10, 2018, 05:42:09 PM
So just make it optional. Like 99.9999999% of games that have PvP and PvE. The player gets to choose when they do one or the other, but either is never forced.

JestersShade

• View Profile
Reply #59 on: September 10, 2018, 05:49:21 PM
I still don't get why players who like the antagonist answer saying it shouldn't be removed.

We don't want it removed!
We want it to be optional, so only for players who want to play as an antagonist or against one.

Simple.