Author Topic: Bad things in a game  (Read 7942 times)

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Re: Bad things in a game
Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 09:50:30 PM
So the solutions seem to be

-always pick a counter character cause there might be an antag on a tolchok Konstantin or R&R Alicia, screw picking a raider you wanted to have some fun with or try out a new build/weapon with.

- Pray that you have pvp teamwork synergy with the other randoms.

Sounds fun…

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: June 15, 2018, 11:29:07 PM
I mean, you should always keep a diverse group to be able to handle a variety of challenges. There's a reason teams don't run with 4 locals unless it's a joke/challenge ;)

I don't consider this a completely crazy thing to state, and it's by no means unique to Raiders. I do wish more characters had more variety or viability with facing different challenges, like Kuzman is the ONLY true crowd-clearer, but that's not what this thread is about. You can't just go and fight Aneska or Uras with Hive, Lycus, Alicia, and Loaht and expect to win, since they won't have really any long-ranged damage.

Pick stuff you like, within reason and with the experience of knowing what will work. If you go into Breath of Hope with randoms and no one picks Kuzmann, you should probably hop on that with the knowledge that enemies swarm in groups on that mission, overwhelming players with shotguns. These aren't requirements, but they will make your life a whole lot easier. I can't be the only person that plays this game that hates "single character" pickers that only play 1 character, all the type, every single mission, nothing else exists for them.

Like in Warframe, I don't pick Trinity for my Extermination missions, I'm gonna pick Mesa/Saryn/Ember/Oberon.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 11:45:35 PM by LordDraco3 »

LoCash

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: June 15, 2018, 11:47:01 PM
I have Rock and Roll and I agree, when you play PvP it's broken but it plays well as PvE.  I'd also add Konstantine's Tolchok which I believe pushes players even Lycus with his shield up.  It works great PvE but PvP becomes broken.  I think they should open up the second load out or allow for an alt loadout for Antagonist matches with weapons that are more balanced.

zMalevolencEz

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: June 16, 2018, 12:55:25 AM
I mean, you should always keep a diverse group to be able to handle a variety of challenges. There's a reason teams don't run with 4 locals unless it's a joke/challenge ;)

I don't consider this a completely crazy thing to state, and it's by no means unique to Raiders. I do wish more characters had more variety or viability with facing different challenges, like Kuzman is the ONLY true crowd-clearer, but that's not what this thread is about. You can't just go and fight Aneska or Uras with Hive, Lycus, Alicia, and Loaht and expect to win, since they won't have really any long-ranged damage.

Pick stuff you like, within reason and with the experience of knowing what will work. If you go into Breath of Hope with randoms and no one picks Kuzmann, you should probably hop on that with the knowledge that enemies swarm in groups on that mission, overwhelming players with shotguns. These aren't requirements, but they will make your life a whole lot easier. I can't be the only person that plays this game that hates "single character" pickers that only play 1 character, all the type, every single mission, nothing else exists for them.

Like in Warframe, I don't pick Trinity for my Extermination missions, I'm gonna pick Mesa/Saryn/Ember/Oberon.

This probably the best answer to your problem. Boss missions and heavy add clear mission pick your characters accordingly. Watching what your randos pick you may need to consider picking for the mission or being the pick up for anti-antagonist. Certain characters can be both but some are better for one or the other.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: June 16, 2018, 02:01:10 AM
Yea i often have to pick for antagonists on certain maps. :(
The problem is the antag can see what you pick but you can't see what they pick.

I've beaten R&R Alicias before, but it's no fun and is really annoying. They need a hero that can shoot a net and bind people to the ground. As far as Tolshock I was fighting her on Breath of Hope, which is her strongest map. And sure, I would shoot her with Tolchock but she would just be knocked down BEHIND the block of stone she was shooting from and then heal up again. She would murder everyone else. Me and her would be 50/50 when we encountered eachother. but I couldn't help but think, "If Konstantin with tolshock isn't a counter to her who is?" And before you say it was good I was 50/50 i outleveled her by 30 or 50 levels. And she would down me in two shots.

the gun shouldn't down me in two shots. It needs a nerf. It doesn't matter if a character in a videogame can "technically" be dealt with if you try extremely EXTREMELY hard, they still need a nerf. Beatable =/= balanced. This logic can be reenforced by the simple fact that other characters aren't this bad. I simply think the damage is a bit outrageous, when coupled with the absurd range and RoF.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: June 16, 2018, 03:00:51 AM
I think everyone has a means of causing just as much disruption as the RnR right now, the thing about the RnR is the ease of use.  You pull the trigger after you float, and your job is done.  Everyone else has a higher skill ceiling to function accordingly, but there needs to be a character that is usable for new players, which means when applied with the developing strategy/forge ranks it becomes a little much.  I mean Dynamic is a crazy increase in dps on top of full Hero Killer. 

Skyline

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: June 16, 2018, 01:47:33 PM
Why u talking about like "You must lern how to play vs R&R" . Whether the idelny proof is It that weapon is broken AF ? If u think tolchok more Op why 90% low skill antagonists players with no balls and small dick use Alisia instead Konstantine? :) Even monkey-antagonist with 3% mmr with dat more dangerous than 80%+ mmr True player who use somethink else.Not Agree? Rly?

Game will become better without this bullshit gun. Or at least to take away it from Alicia and to give to other character -make this broken gun more "Normal".

ADD: To add Cd on Alicia's ability that she could To kill only 1 or 2 and  couldn't fly up safely on the invul again or to remake her ability thus that during a jump and aiming it couldn't move but only to hang in air or to reduce levitation speed by 500% that the opponent had a chance to hide behind a wall bcs she flies quicker than characters move and somersault,and ofc you cant trade dmg even if u 5th council with 60% resist bullets and cards on -dmg to wounded chance shots(hope you understand whot card i mean),- 100hp just 2 shot and you on kneels.
Absolutely broken .
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 02:10:41 PM by Skyline »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: June 16, 2018, 09:58:58 PM
I was taking about 31 damage per shot as Kuzmann last night from an R&R, so 3 shots and I'm still standing. Iune kept popping her head with Wisdom which was about the only person that could handle her, since they nerfed Kuzmann's direct ray damage and there weren't many enemies spawning to arc from. We had a terrible Hans that never seemed to use jetpack and brought Warm, but I KNOW Hans can handle R&R. Konstantin would also Shred Alicia, but our team was just not suited to handle her very well with only 1 spike damage character and the most mobile one not using his mobility.

Some shots randomly still seemed to deal higher damage, they running theory is that the bounce is causing single shots to hit twice, kinda like the Schleuder can on bosses or if you hit the right angle/bounce. The R&R should definitely not be able to deal double damage with a shot, and that sounds, again, like a bug rather than how the weapon should be working. Bugs should be fixed, but if you are not considering it's a bug and want it nerfed into the dirt just because you feel it's difficult to fight against, that's not helpful to the character as a whole. All of Alicia's other guns are basically shit. Novera is garbage, Eager is garbage, Daisy is only situationally good and not a good "gun", R&R is like her only good shooting weapon. Her other guns all need buffs, imo.

If there's one upgrade that makes R&R particularly dangerous, it's dynamic, since it was never considered broken before due to slow shot speed and slow reload. If they switched Dynamic for like Treasure Hunter (because Alicia currently has NO guns with 2 reward upgrades) and added a bit more reload/fire rate to the base stats, that would seem fair. She was honestly more dangeous wounded than in the air, since her shots all came at whoever was going towards her for a finisher (because Hans wouldn't friggin jetpack!)