Author Topic: How much would you spend on skins?  (Read 12170 times)

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Re: How much would you spend on skins?
Reply #15 on: June 03, 2018, 12:34:50 AM

And the presence of extremely expensive skins makes me not even want to buy the cheapest skin. Because, again, it feels super shady and opportunistic.
How I'm currently feeling about skins

rhammer

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: June 12, 2018, 08:31:43 PM
If I love the character and play it all the time 10-15$... But skin gotta look good and different from default. And u would like to see some attaching accessories to customize ur character too and weapon skins ... Something like what warframe or Paragon or LOL used to offer.

Atma

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 04, 2018, 08:16:20 PM
Considering you can buy 2500 mercury points for 20 euros, I'd say 1250 mercury points per a skin would still be a reasonable price for me.

BeertheBrad

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: July 04, 2018, 11:17:55 PM
So, I see it as a benefit for supporting a game I love. I try to throw a spare $20 at the game from time to time just because I want to keep it alive. In saying that, I am picky at what skins I buy.

I was miffed in the beginning when Ginebra's skin popped up for ~$80ish, but it is a take it or leave it situation. If you want to have that level of skin and you have the spare cash... go for it.

Pay these artists and creators the money they are due. I have paid way beyond the normal $60-65 that I usually pay and I feel good about it, because I see new weapons, skins and levels. They aren't greedy, they are surviving.

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 05, 2018, 12:40:32 AM
So, I see it as a benefit for supporting a game I love. I try to throw a spare $20 at the game from time to time just because I want to keep it alive. In saying that, I am picky at what skins I buy.

I was miffed in the beginning when Ginebra's skin popped up for ~$80ish, but it is a take it or leave it situation. If you want to have that level of skin and you have the spare cash... go for it.

Pay these artists and creators the money they are due. I have paid way beyond the normal $60-65 that I usually pay and I feel good about it, because I see new weapons, skins and levels. They aren't greedy, they are surviving.
I think this is a "niche" (not the word I'm looking for) way of thinking,  at least in the gaming industry.  Paid dlcs is a norm now but most people have a stiff limit on price and ethics on how much should come in a base game. Since it effects everyone and the future of the product  most people go after it as a community so developers don't think high prices is an ok thing. So even one person paying for that skin even as support for the devs is still seen as heresy.

At the same time I appreciate your way of thinking. As someone who regularly commissions  artist and constantly donating in support of my favorites I understand the personal relationships with yourself and the artist vs "voting with your wallet" which is more a community thing.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 05, 2018, 10:21:39 AM
I'm just gonna remind people of this fiasco, as my opinions have still not changed on the $90 skin justification reasons. Unethical is a good label for the practice...
https://www.raidersofthebrokenplanet.com/community/index.php?topic=1144.0

I get what you're saying that you want to support, and I do too, but there is a line that has been crossed in the past. Things have definitely improved since then, since Hades, as that Ginebra skin was the last cosmetic we got pre-hades and since that happened we've had sales and a well-priced BEAUTIFUL Iune skin. I just hope Mikah, Hive, Doldren, etc. all have well priced skins as well and they don't jump back up to Nun Custodia's price or higher ever again.

Atma

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 07, 2018, 07:21:35 AM
Damn, and here I thought the devs were being silly for its current price. Didn't it was that ridiculous before.

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: July 07, 2018, 07:36:52 AM
I'd spend like $10 for a Schneider skin.

Shadow

• View Profile
Reply #23 on: July 07, 2018, 08:02:19 AM
I'd spend like $10 for a Schneider skin.

Skin or gun?

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile

Righteous Flame

• View Profile
Reply #25 on: July 21, 2018, 06:42:14 AM
I myself space these purchases out.  I'm currently on a long term project to go through all the campaigns with all the characters except for possibly Kuzman's with some characters.  When I start a new character, I buy the skins.  (Ginebara might be the exception because the Slave Unit is still somewhat ridiculous.)

While they are kinda overpriced, I justify this to myself three ways.

1) I honestly don't spend a whole lot on gaming.  I almost didn't get an X-box One in favor of quitting new gaming altogether.  Netherrealm Studios and my bi-weekly XBL sessions with a friend changed that but I spend very little on gaming.  As such, I can better justify the purchase.

2) Supporting the Devs.

3) I played Marvel Avengers Alliance and, when that game closed up shop, everything I spent money on vanished.  I play SWTOR and, when that game closes up shop, I will also have nothing to show for it.  It is the nature of the current state of gaming.  If it's online, you don't truly own it.

With this game, even if I were to buy all the skins, I still wouldn't equal what I've spent on the other two individually plus I get the skins to keep.

These are my reasons.  They do not apply to all but they are mine.