Author Topic: Some dank ideas  (Read 1582 times)

Poetpix

• View Profile
Some dank ideas
on: January 25, 2019, 09:13:30 PM
Hey I just found spacelords and I'm in love with it. I hope to see you guys making the game bigger and badder

I thought of some ideas that I hope you think about in the near future

More melee options/combos
More animations- I love the triangle system dead or alive fighting series has a similar one but I can see melee getting old in time unless this staple mechanic of the game has something done to it, I would add more combos a player can do that makes it seem natural maybe mid combo hitting the shoot button could unleash a quick blast. Or adding another strike button could add more combos making the combo chain longer could put you at risk but could give you more rewards for a cooler kill

Duels: your spacelords gives me a very western vibe to it, it could be the music and cool weapons but a duel mechanic to the game would be sweet, maybe a player could make a call out to another player and a player could answer back and then the duel would cinematically show both characters in a western style shootout where who draws first wins the players could be shown a random button to hit and whoever hits it first could be the winner of the quick draw.

Gears of war down and out feature i.e. picking up people for meat shields or the option to do cool executions, I think this would add to the melee flavor, when a player is low health they do this limping crawl function, I feel if another player could reach you an ally could help you up but a foe could do the classic gears of war function of either picking you up as a body shield or straight up execution with the weapon at hand. Each character could have a power execution or a weapon execution

Ready up feature to continue the story with a group you've already found, the player count is low right now and it takes awhile to find people. You could have friends which solves this but sometimes you go at it alone and meet other players you did a really good job with, a quick ready up feature that says "hey good job let's go to the next one" could ready up everyone into a lobby and prep for the next story mission.
Avoid player feature the opposite happens sometimes where you just meet someone you rather not run into again. The player count is low right now so maybe having this later could help in the future

Guns feel underpowered
Why shoot when I can run up and punch?
Npcs have a uncanny resilience to gunfire I would tweak it just a little to make guns more useable
Side arms, sometimes running out of ammo blows it would be nice to switch to a characters side arm as a last line of defense or when that enemy has really low health and isnt close enough for melee or cant be hit at all

Better lobby HUD features: cant really see the stats of my guns upgrades(replace with the bars rather than fractions appearance) unless I'm in character select which feels timed

More gun cosmetics: Do Not make them buyable (no paying to win, that's how you lose) rather maybe I want to add a scope or radar function to alicia's shot gun rather than just increasing a certain guns stats
Color and paint options to the guns would also be cool. The weapons are already neat with their spacey mad max look but sometimes I want to give a gun a nice oak handle and painted rainbow colors you know? Painting faction icons would also be pleasing to the eye. I also love how you give backstory to each gun. Sometimes though I just want to have a burst fire to a certain weapon.

In field weapons:you have turrents but what about other cool weapons? A sword, a rocket launcher, even alpha powers lying around like increased health for a brief moment of time, but make these pickups scarce and few so as not to abuse them

More ways to communicate with team other than mic
Character voicelines to say or do something
"Stay away from the antagonist " team up with me or unload your fucking aleph are all good ideas, but also I'd love some character banter on the field of battle. If you played overwatch before a match characters say witty or deep things to one another. Having alicia talk to lycus about what happened last night and how their heads are still pounding after drinking  could be funny

1 more character power
Some character powers feel better than others I feel another character power would give more combat options. Again hitting R1 or another button activates a power but you can only do one thing with that power most the time. I would add another power that could either combo to the power or give another alternative to combat. Maybe hans will cook up a meal to boost stats of nearby allies, maybe alicia has a berkserk mode that let's her dodge roll twice or jump a second time, or throw a chemical bomb. Fighting multiple people sometimes feels like a slog, the other power should help in away. Even just clearing out more bad guys at once.

1 passive power
Characters should have a passive power in field weather it be a healing factor, can find more ammo, perhaps their bloodlust and scary factor will scare some enemies away
Adding a passive power could give more tactics to why a player should chose a character over another. This feature would give the game a little more depth

Can you make sprinting faster?
Sprint activation would be nice, I know just running in one direction usually makes the character go but sometimes even then the sprint speed is almost unnoticeable which is a shame because some characters rely on sprint or moving. I think giving more of a rush to the sprint would make it more fun. Also add like a cool melee animation when sprinting. It would be sweet to run up to someone and see a new melee move everytime. Either a drop kick, flying armbar, or some DDT would make a nice function.

Anyway that's all my ideas at the moment, I know you have a certain image to your game but I feel these features could draw in more players. First person shooters is on high right now and it's tough to find a good 3rd person brawler that you have going on. I want to see more and watch this series grow, I know the company is in a tight spot with the free to play but as a new player it definitely helped me discover the game. Hope to see you out there raiders.