Author Topic: Aneska Questions  (Read 6629 times)

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Aneska Questions
on: January 20, 2019, 01:00:01 PM

1. Why was it that in the Lore, Aneska's Mech during the battle of Phobos wasnt being pushed to its limit (Not even 30% or a bit more) that in the next battle of Destroyer of Worlds that only 4 Raiders were able to do her in when a seemingly endless army that pushed the entire Hades Division couldn't?

2. As Described in the in site description on her ability, will her mech appear partially due to environmental constraints?

3. Why have Aneska join the fray now as apposed to another class Raider? Was it cause she she's popular?

4. Why collect Kraushers Head at all. Didn't he slap her the moment he got word she was slacking? And what use or plans does she have for him?

Otherwise from the above i'm completely stoked to have Aneska join the Raiders. As far as the other females Aneska's cold and focused attitude always was more interesting than say, Shae's. Shae always came off like a pouty child. At least Valeria when you get past her loyalties to The Council is really likable. That's why when I read up on Aneska I realized past all her skill and cold demeanor she's actually misunderstood and somewhat isolated from her own division. In a way she reminds me of Konstantine on that regard.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 01:03:47 PM by Angeles2099 »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: Aneska Questions
Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 12:07:48 AM
1. 4 Raiders kill hundreds of grunts every mission, it's a game and something like this wouldn't make sense to analyze too heavily.

2. We'll know in a few days, but I don't think it will have legs based on past data I've seen.

3. She was already basically complete and ready to go in the game files, a lot more already existed for them to work off of compared to building a full player character from scratch like Sooma. And yes, she's popular :P but they are still working on Sooma's model as of a few days ago last I heard.

It wouldn't make sense to hold back releasing something that is already finished for arbitrary reasons or just because Hades already has 5 characters.

4. Have to wait and see! It doesn't sound like something she would do out of mercy or kindness. Would you want to be kept alive as only a head without any of your senses? His jaw isn't even attached. We aren't even sure if it's conscious yet, as her pilgrim story makes it seem like she is imagining his speech.

Angeles2099

• View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 09:05:48 AM
So many question, so much hype.

Uh, ok.

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 10:14:53 AM
i feel like this stuff has all been answered to death

but this is what I have gathered

1. She cannot use her full power because it is the ship the Raiders are on that Aneska is trying to protect from the Raiders in Destroyer of Worlds. Krausher says it is more important than their lives, so I really doubt she would be authorized to go full Angel of Phobos. Which was only possible because she was on an enemy planet in enemy territory surrounded by the enemy.

3. Aneska is a logical choice. Basically an attractive female that drives a mech. Not really surprising that she is so popular, I mean it must be that because she really only has a few lines of dialogue and a pretty cookie-cutter personality from those few lines.

4. She is diehard loyal to Krausher. I think you missed the point of that story if you just focused on that slap. That slap was actually a very interesting moment of character building but everyone, much like yourself, just sees it as a damsel in distress type of thing rather than the narrative atmosphere it tries to instill. Which is the point. They are trying to show how tense things are for Hades, Hades being the weakest of the factions, while Hades try to gain some type of edge in the battle for the Broken Planet. Not trying to portray one of their most independent characters being a sulky little bitch cause they got slapped.

Like, she is very very loyal to Krausher. Her loyalty to Krausher is the ONLY reason she even stayed with Hades long enough to end up on the Broken Planet. She doesn't need the mech suit and was probably a badass soldier long before she ever started using it. She admires and respects Krausher a great deal. It also would not be the first time a Raider was able to converse with a long dead person. Not even the first time one of them has carried on talking to a detached head.

BeertheBrad

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 03:56:51 PM
Yep, she's loyal to Krausher. Who do you think the head on her belt is?

"she tried to find General Krausher. And she did… after a fashion"

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 06:49:02 PM
4. Why collect Kraushers Head at all. Didn't he slap her the moment he got word she was slacking? And what use or plans does she have for him?
Yep, she's loyal to Krausher. Who do you think the head on her belt is?

"she tried to find General Krausher. And she did… after a fashion"

Yea I thought she was gonna take the opportunity, and finally be free of the “limp dick” general… have her finally break free and maybe develop a mind of her own, but she even carries his head around now… it’s a bit disappointing, don’t get me wrong her design is great, she is incredibly attractive and knowing MS her gameplay is sure to be awesome, it’s just a shame that as for her character she seems to remain a brainwashed little girl.

EMack114

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 11:48:13 PM
So, can anyone explain WHY Aneska would join the Raiders? I mean, they are LITERALLY the reason why she's in the predicament she's in and why her boss (and probably lover) is now in a Kuzman status minus the mech body.  I mean, people could probably say that Harec approached her and told her about Shumash, but looking at it, I don't see how'd she care. If anything, I'd imagine she'd seek out Shumash as a way to get revenge on the people who ruined her life, instead of helping the Raiders save a planet that she doesn't live on. Her lore makes no sense and that's kinda what's keeping me from getting interested in her; the very reason she's on that team is absolutely ridiculous.

At best, she's probably neutral now; she has no dog in this fight, so taking up armaments in support of your enemies seems silly and leans pretty close to outright stupid, unless she's being forced to in some capacity. That idea I like; maybe they have the means to repair Krausher and she's helping out to save him or holding the rest of him ransom or something.  I just don't want it to be "I'm Harec, I ruined your life, but I talked to you so we're all good now".

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 12:00:07 AM
Wait for the universe entries.

but based on Pilgrim story, I'm gonna guess Harec rolled a nat 20 on his charisma check :P

Angeles2099

• View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #8 on: January 26, 2019, 03:48:47 AM
lol D&D much?

Trickyha

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 12:17:04 AM
I'm still holding out that Aneska is playing double agent & her real plans are to destroy the Raiders from the inside, she'll maybe cozy up to Doldren & push him into his homicidal tendencies , sow a rivalry between the females using Shae as a weapon....then she'll just sit back with some popcorn & watch self-destruction happening.

MSE_Hellath

• PR Manager
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019, 10:47:23 AM
Hey all,

Thanks for this amazing thread. I'd encourage your to read Aneska's lore entries when the character comes up. If you have any questions then, please post them here and I'll do my best to answer them.

Best,

Trickyha

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 31, 2019, 03:14:54 PM
Hey all,

Thanks for this amazing thread. I'd encourage your to read Aneska's lore entries when the character comes up. If you have any questions then, please post them here and I'll do my best to answer them.

Best,

All questions pretty much answered now, except for the why?

Why did Aneska seek out the Raiders instead of getting on the comms inside of her mech & ordering an extraction for her & Krausher?

Butterbuff

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 15, 2019, 07:41:54 PM
I always thought it was more that Aneska justed wanted to go back to Earth due to the whole "Forest" thing in the Hades Division entries and that she believed that Krausher would be the guy to get them back home. So she was willing to endure the abuses from Krausher and the detachment from anyone else in the Hades Division (HD) just so that in the long run, would get her back home. but after her boss fight she realized that she will not be able to leave the planet and joined the raiders out of safety or that she now believes that the raiders can help her get back home since that's what Harec wants to do, kick/kill every human off of the planet with the exception to those he recruits to help him on that crusade.

the thing about Krausher's head could be that of a sign of loyalty to Harec that she's over the Division and to help her relations with the other Division raiders, a useful tool to get information out of Krausher on stuff about the HD that Aneska and Schneider doesn't already know about that can prove useful against the HD, and finally it could be a personal vendetta against Krausher so that he doesn't get the mercy of dying, So he can watch as Aneska kills his men on a daily basis and party with the people that Destroyed his Planet Buster.