Author Topic: Level up gold rewards should increase as you level up  (Read 4663 times)

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Like seriously what am I going to do with 2,000 gold when forge requirements require so much gold.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Re: Level up gold rewards should increase as you level up
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 09:23:54 AM
Yeah.  It should be preportional to weapon cost at current forge level imo.  :D

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 11:43:35 AM
Agreed. It makes no sense for costs to scale up, but rewards to remain stagnant. Same goes for higher MMR matches. We get stronger as we progress, but the rewards we got at lv1 are no different from rewards at lv120, while costs to build weapons have gone wayyyy up.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 06:56:47 PM
The price should be static in the first place. If we're asking for the amount of gold to go up to match the increasing cost for forging then it's redundant to have cost go up. I'm around level 70ish and it costs 36k to forge a rare weapon and 18k for a normal. Just normalize the amount for all levels, I don't understand why it would go up in the first place. Well, I take that back, if the cost was the same then no one would forge their weapons until they had max sockets in the weapon. Hmmm

I think they need to increase the amount rewarded then. It may make it so lo level players get to make their weapons and buy their heroes a lot easier, but that's a good thing anyways, they need it.

One counter to what we're asking for could be, "Use Bounty Hunter!" You have to understand that farming weapons are throw away weapons and mostly useless in combat because they're so weak, against AI and against players. So you are increasing the likelihood of losing, which will result in less rewards, while upping the % you get. I mean, I guess opponents could say, "Well that's the price you pay." But I thought we were playing a game to be more effective? There has to be a point where farming doesn't get in the way of the playing the game effectively itself, otherwise we're saying the farming is ore important than playing the game. One could say this is a long term investment, yada yada yada... I don't know. I just need a LOT more gold.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 06:59:01 PM by Level9Drow »

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 08:19:20 PM
I agree with the increase gold amount in ratio with either Raider LVL or MMR  Rating.  I also see the some what of a problem, like increase gold could mean acquiring high gold cost Raiders much sooner like Ginebra. But still getting scraps  per successful missions is a one more reason not to attempt playing in the first place.

V1ks

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 09:24:09 PM
Yes the level up gold should be higher, when  u reach level 50 its worth more than 2000.
When u reach 100 thats worth way more than 2000, u know how much time you need to invest to reach that level? We should get rewarded for investing that much time in the game, instead we get crap. With a insane price of an forge level 20 weapon for almost 30K & almost 60K for a rare one.... wtf, I am always broke on the broken planet.
How am I supose to reach Ginebra? Buy some gold with real money right?
Suggestion after every 5 level up give like 3K gold and after every 10  lv up 5K

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 06, 2018, 11:46:29 PM
Simply put, I agree more time invested should result in a better reward since levels take increasingly longer. Just add the same multiplier used to calculate experience per level on the base 2,000 Gold... and done. This is baby stuff... we shouldn't even be talking about this...

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 04:07:29 PM
This reminds me of glass half full and glass half empty situation. In forums glass is always half empty. Mercury adds gold rewards in betwen level ups amidst the caharacter and faction card unlocks - not enough. They could give us no gold rewards for levelling up and people wouldn't even know how much the life sucks.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 07, 2018, 07:29:05 PM
This reminds me of glass half full and glass half empty situation. In forums glass is always half empty. Mercury adds gold rewards in betwen level ups amidst the caharacter and faction card unlocks - not enough. They could give us no gold rewards for levelling up and people wouldn't even know how much the life sucks.

I think that's a poor argument. You could always say what you said, for ANY situation in life, "MSE could have decided not to make a game at all, then you wouldn't know what you are missing."

The issue is that the gold progression is VERY slow in relation to a players expenses. And it ONLY gets worse as you level up. Not to mention if you choose faction points, which are a gamble in and of themselves, you are taking away from gold you could have chosen instead. Add increasing forge costs, new heroes added, lost games where you get basically nothing and finally a system that means everyone else is starving for gold and so you often have to split a seemingly high reward 2 to 3 ways and therefore reducing it to no more value to you as an individual payer than if you had lost a game as an antagonist.

It's simply TOO SLOW.

puffy99

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 08, 2018, 01:52:52 AM
totally agree. up to level 20 it was OK, after that you need a level multiplier.