Author Topic: Brent's Thread  (Read 7386 times)

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Brent's Thread
on: February 27, 2018, 06:08:18 PM
So, I figured I'd just make an ongoing thread of suggestions (past and future) so not to crowd the board with extra topics from one person.  I can edit this top post with a table of contents, etc. Hah.  I'm not really going to mention known bugs..

General suggestions:
The ability to play with less than 4, or a group of five with a random antagonist. Playing against people you know is super fun. (Or the ability to see the queue as antagonist and CHOOSE who you're going after.)  The ability to jump into a match as Antagonist at any point not just when queue starts if you want to.  (if you can see the lobbies, and antagonist slots, that'd be nifty.)

Antagonist Suggestions:
I'd like to ability to play as Raiders reskinned to typical bad guy elites.

Weapon Suggestions:
A real mid range assault rifle.
Fix existing weapons to compete with power creep. (IE: Daisy, Shit Happens.)

Character Suggestions:
Harec:  Penetration on Conditon (stalk, melee, after reload, etc) to be able to really snipe Fifth Council quickly.  Or a straight damage buff, I suppose.
Aura Mortis charges slower, but begins charging as soon as you zoom, and finishes at same time.
Card that allows a beginning charge of 50% on condition.
Shae: Make the Pulse worth using.
Doldren:
- Fix his ability to surprise npcs since that's his schtick. Maybe lose the generated stress upon teleportation could fix it? Or Lower his stress as the astral ability charges near enemies, giving an opportunity to spot him, and an opportunity to know when he's coming, but not pin point information.
-Fix the Bloody Mary.
Iune: Some Control of Iune's minion
Alicia:
-Fix the Smoking Daisy ( Level9Drow)
Loaht fixes. (Wounded instead of death in beast form.) (Card that grants 50% fury upon wounded state.) (Card that causes explosives to explode on impact.) This is a suggestion because Loaht is consistently underperforming and no one's special hurts them like his does, and several can deal good damage/instant kill.

Class Suggestion:

Skin Suggestions:
-Different Melee progression for higher cost skins. (Reasonably 15-20$ skins since $10 skins should be max to change one asctetic and this is changing 2.) Per price tier the skin needs to change something more in order to satisfy cost vs expectation.  So an eighty dollar skin needs to change everything astetic about a character and add something new.  For instance, Loaht's ability could go into some random monster from a few different options with more things.  These skins have to be epic in every sense of the word and be worth a large investment.  As is, recolors and a few new textures isn't worth forty bucks. 
-Customization with different Finishers (Penguin)

Map Suggestions:

Enemy Suggestions: It seems like  the answer to a growing skill base has been to throw more adds.  Which is working..but maybe?
- Mixing in different types of elites or adding elites with preobtained aleph boosts (not just 5) seems like it might have a good effect on all maps not just the handful for Aleph Collection.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 07:16:20 PM by TheBrentWoody »

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Re: Brent's Thread
Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 06:35:36 PM
What about having different melee executions for characters as a way of having extra customisation.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 06:41:35 PM
I dig it. Letting people choose between short or long animations could help those characters that fill to long if you're elite hunting or trying to get in and get out.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 06:44:38 PM
Buff Smoking Daisy: make the shots travel faster so you don't have to lead so much or buff the damage a tad (maybe 10 points per shot) or finally you can make the clip 4 instead of 3. I don't mean to say all three of these should happen, just one.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 07:05:16 PM
Still haven't got the Daisy, but I've heard it isn't nearly as good as the Novera.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 07:13:57 PM
It's more fun to use, but if you have both guns you'e be gimping yourself if you chose Smoking Daisy oveer the new Novera. It "technically" does more damage than the New Novera IF (that's a big if) you unload the shells on someone's head. This is instant death or at least instant wound, in most cases.

I have both. I am using the Smoking Daisy, but have the blue print of the Novera but am not too excited to build it because this means I will no longer use the Smoking Daisy and will HAVE to use the Novera, because why wouldn't you? The damage is so consistent and good, the range is decent and it bounces, AND it fires fast and travels fast. The Novera pretty much makes all of her other guns obsolete.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 07:17:42 PM
Yeah, the Novera is really good. I have that one, not the Daisy.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 07:24:08 PM
I would go so far as to call Smoking Daisy the single worst weapon currently in the game. The bombing gimmick that leaves you disarmed at the mercy of a painfully long reload time is not worth it.

Weapon balance in the game seems to be based on range/speed/damage and Daisy fails all 3 of these on top of having long reload and the slowest projectiles I've ever seen leave a shotgun barrel. The only good damage is the mag drop.
It needs to shoot faster (with a larger magazine size), or farther, or deal a lot more damage.

Reload time needs to be faster overall.

If it stays as-is, maybe give it a unique melee damage buff since the weapon is covered in brass knuckles and bayonet! It's one of the coolest looking weapons and I was so disappointed after taking it for its first run.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 07:33:10 PM
Completely agree with everything you wrote. But the slide and air bomb gimmick is good against people not expecting it and great against enemy AI.

And you are right, when I unload the magazine over the antag and then miss and land with nothing to shoot it's lame. They just look at me and shoot me. LOL

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 01:08:43 AM
Can we finally get a health bar or at least a timer when we go down to know when we are getting back up or both.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 01:14:29 AM
Yes, health bar please.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 02:47:24 AM
I have another one that popped in my head. could we get a card that allows H.I.V.E. to toggle on or off the use of her health boost? Sometimes I pop the ability and then I kill the enemy and then I don't need the extra health and I want to turn it off to conserve what I didn't use, kind of like the way you can use Loaht's and Lycus's ability. this would be a massive boon to H.I.V.E. who I think is already a risky player to play.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 03:09:14 AM
Hive definitely needs some more cards or tweaks. I love her a lot, but she's a bit clunky in terms of customization. I currently hate using her overheal because it drops her damage to nothing, forcing her to CQC.

A card that automatically uses her heal at a certain percentage would be nice, much like Konstantine's card that deploys his bubble when he gets wounded. Or a way to use her overheal meter as a means of extra damage in the way that Lycus has a card that eats his shield for gun damage.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 07:00:15 PM
You know the pretty common reticle glitch until first death. Well, getting it with Harec is cool, and a non scoped weapon with him would be great.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 07, 2018, 06:01:32 PM
Not sure if this next one has been suggested before, but it would be cool to have a card for Iune that allows you to mind control TWO grunts, it would probably be a gray only card. This would be wicked helpful and fun. She needs the bodyguards.

I thought of one that would allow you to control an elite, but I think this is WAY too powerful.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 06:04:43 PM by Level9Drow »