Author Topic: Iune is Great.  (Read 7737 times)

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Iune is Great.
on: February 22, 2018, 08:08:29 PM
So, as new things have come out, and I've got some things and provided some negativity about Doldren's overall kit and concept...I'd like to focus on something that I find absolutely wonderful.

Iune.  Iune is SOO good at this game.  Iune can save you some Aleph by healing Allies, She can control a handful of adds to provide time (and does pretty good damage), she can answer antagonists (or complete dominate them with the right weapon selection).  She can even get a little minion to run around. 

The minion is the only thing that needs a little help in her kit.  (I would consider making it auto target the enemy nearest with the same kill all the things attitude as the "Target Orders" that are given.)

But she is so good, and I love her.  She's very good at making things come together.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Iune is Great.
Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 09:15:53 PM
I was thinking of getting her next, she looks really fun. How does the minion act as it stands right now? I'd assume it would go for nearest target.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 09:17:06 PM
It just acts like a typical AI and wanders until it sees something then retreats to fight other things or engages like typical AI.  No targeting mechanisim that I can tell to get it to do anything specific.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 09:21:50 PM
The minion is the weakest part in her kit, because when you dominate you get them with remaining health (I would suggest the possession refill the health initially, and probably even provided a healing boost/capability that is innate outside of her special ability to make it a relevant part of her.)  Its just extra icing on the cake.  I use the Sigh.  I can't see anything being better than the Sigh for her general usage. (Haven't played with the Vortex, but to be better than the Sigh it'd need to be broken. Hah.)  The minion barely contributes thing, to the point where I get excited if my minion even kills something, and generally reward my little buddy with one of my coveted heals, hah.  Anyway.  The minion becomes really irrelevant with the sheer amount of utility you're packing with the heal/stagger combo (I also highly recommend stoicism card, since she can stall elites and small numbers of minions from killing her for awhile.)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 09:37:10 PM
Are you serious?!! At 50%-60% or more the minions DESTROY you if given the chance, kicking you as soon as they can (every second you are in range) then blasting you the split second you are out of melee range. They shoot you from across the map with their energy "pulse rifles?" and you're telling me when Iune "charms" them they turn from killing machines to simple minded dopey grunts? I would expect they be and act as the same unit they were just a second before.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 09:45:40 PM
It's probably a numbers issue.  One Grunt (Who doesn't take direction) won't stand up against a few shooting him long enough to kill one of them. (And if you do the Shoot Grab method) you've already taken out a quarter or more of his health, hah.  (Wardogs are the best minions because they heal themselves.)

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 09:46:34 PM
Oh, but one cool thing is if a minion kills someone in melee (which they seem to do very infrequently) it does give you ammo.  hah.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 10:11:23 PM
I have a question about her Mind Control I was wondering about. Does it affect Elites and/or Raiders?

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 10:12:12 PM
Nope.  Just grunts.

They say it only works against "Weak-Minded" individuals. 

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 10:20:08 PM
It seems like her kit is cut in half when playing as antag. Which is no big deal, not all Raiders are meant to be antag and some excel at antag.

I'm saving up for her currently.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 22, 2018, 10:24:16 PM
Nah, I don't think it would be.  The minion might qualify as 10% of her kit power.  There is a card that reduces cooldown on heal by a large number (around 50%) if used on a non-player ally, so you can make super minions/elites with her.  Wait for a wounded elite and then heal them to suprise interupt the grapple.  Use the Sigh to stagger them all day, or walk them off cliff sides.  Two shots downs everyone but fifty council, and three gets fifth council with that aoe stagger you can stun lock individuals.  She's great.  I haven't tried her as antag, but I'm sure I will soon.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 08:40:35 PM
Won my two matches played as Antagonist yesterday with her. Because Sigh is brutal. (And FYI the team I was against wasn't noobs.., 16,15,14,6 on Fistful of Sand  Ginebra, HIVE, Loaht, and Doldren(Victory by Kills not Objective.) and 2 Noob on second one (2 and 3) 6 and 16 on No Reservations. (One leaver)  Shae, Alicia, HIVE with the Konstantin Leaver.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 09:05:15 PM
Won my two matches played as Antagonist yesterday with her. Because Sigh is brutal. (And FYI the team I was against wasn't noobs.., 16,15,14,6 on Fistful of Sand  Ginebra, HIVE, Loaht, and Doldren(Victory by Kills not Objective.) and 2 Noob on second one (2 and 3) 6 and 16 on No Reservations. (One leaver)  Shae, Alicia, HIVE with the Konstantin Leaver.

What does "Sigh" do?

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 23, 2018, 09:20:14 PM
Staggers with shot when her aleph gimmick is full, which you can wait for between each shot. Like the stagger on grenade launcher, but detonates and aoe on impact.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 25, 2018, 02:49:04 AM
Best I have seen with this was a particular player on Xbox that was the first I saw use Sigh on The Beast's Lair. Kept us from crossing the bridge almost indefinitely and generally harassed us the entire match by knocking us around. The AOE is quite big and incredibly hard to dodge if they just shoot the ground remotely near you. As this player pointed out to me, it keeps players from being able to shoot as they are constantly stumbled and it even allowed him to get efficient kills that way in CQC.