Author Topic: Cheaters  (Read 6248 times)

Tenchi

• View Profile
Cheaters
on: February 10, 2018, 05:40:13 AM
I would like to know why cheaters are rewarded, i was the antagonist in a match, 3 raiders were "disconnected" but i was still up against 4 raiders, i quit the match because the only way i win is if i kill the 1 raider who is not "disconnected" 16 times. I would have to say that this is a really bad bug and needs to be fixed asap

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: Cheaters
Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 10:18:00 AM
Not sure I would call it "cheating" sounds like a network error. I've seen people in control despite their name showing disconnected, but rarely. Usually if the DC, they are totally out, but may have a lifeless body standing around that can't be attacked.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 02:50:24 PM
Simply put the longer a match drags on the harder the AI will get even if it's just one player. If, people are willingly quitting because they see an Antagonist (some will) the game will take note of it. To that end, this slants things heavily in favor of an Antagonist. However, by quitting as well the game will also take note of that and can take away stigma even if you are below 20 as a form of punishment for ragequitters.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 06:29:05 PM
On this note, LordDraco and myself did happen across a russian named pc player playing Hans who couldn't die and had infinite ammo.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 12:56:48 AM
Yeah the infinite health/ammo cheating seems to be happening late at night (well, late for US timezones) lately. I have emailed video evidence and we got confirmation in discord that it will be handled :)

MSE_Jvela

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 12:32:01 PM
Hello guys,

All issues regarding any form of cheating are being taken very seriously. We have the proper detection and banning mechanisms at work and will continue to strengthen these systems over time.

Feel free to discuss publicly any cheating issue that you may encounter. However, do not name the offenders in public. The only proper way to deal with cheating is investigation & punishment, public shaming isn't and will not be tolerated.

Make sure to send us proof of anything you think could be suspicious in private at raiders_support@mercurysteam.com

We can't comment on specific users being banned but we can say that some of your reports are very solid and have led to multiple bans.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 11:51:54 PM
Thank you for keeping tabs on this but it seems to me that there are certain things the game isn't able to detect 'yet'. Since these aren't detected the amount of cheaters will only grow as it is the method that is the problem not any individual on their own.