Author Topic: Loaht's forever beast form has to go  (Read 11139 times)

Scorpio

• View Profile
Loaht's forever beast form has to go
on: January 16, 2018, 02:40:44 AM
Hello Mercurysteam I ran into few antagonist that use the Invincible beast mode and would run away injuring themselves kill everyone til Aleph Lv.5 and destroy with the two specific cards, Motivation and Tough. With these cards you'll greatly reduce damage so much it's not like your losing health and your life pool is way too high making almost virtually invincible. He is way too strong and fast in beast form so please stop the abuse of this build because it is way too annoying and there's very little you can do about it. Thank you for reading this post.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Re: Loaht's forever beast form has to go
Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 11:07:49 AM
My only advice against Loaht is Ginebra. The fact he simply cannot keep up with her when she is transformed makes her a definite asset against him. Believe it or not, it's harder for an Antagonist to maintain anything because their ammo pool and kills have to come from players. In contrast, a Loaht as a Raider has plenty of fuel to keep burning through with an Antagonist plus an unlimited supply of newly spawned NPCs. I digress, it's not as if I disagree because he can be severely broken at times (especially if he glitches) but there is no method I have seen yet that hasn't had a counter method.

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 03:32:13 PM
He's a wardog which means he is very easy to spot and kill so getting 5 aleph as antagonist most likely means opposing team really sucked.
Any countermeasure for such an antagonist I can think of is for all 4 people to blast at him when he's in the beast form to actually shorten his health bar. If all for run away as soon as he turns then logically he will be at full health forever.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 07:24:24 PM
I think self damage should generate less meter . It's a bit too easy considering beast form is so powerful.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 03:38:57 AM
Still not as powerful as a crossbow bolt to the knee...

MSE_Amat

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 12:03:23 AM
Coming with the next patch (patch notes here: https://www.raidersofthebrokenplanet.com/community/index.php?topic=1146.0), the Tough card from Loaht does not affect the Beast's health degeneration. That was an unintended consequence and it's been fixed. (Aaaand, we forgot to include that in the patch notes :( )

Combining the right cards and getting into the game with a clear strategy in mind is the intended design of the game.

The kind of strategy-counterstrategy discussion we have here is just beautiful! However, we do keep an eye on any combinations that are getting out of hand and fix it as it is the case.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 12:57:51 AM
Coming with the next patch (patch notes here: https://www.raidersofthebrokenplanet.com/community/index.php?topic=1146.0), the Tough card from Loaht does not affect the Beast's health degeneration. That was an unintended consequence and it's been fixed. (Aaaand, we forgot to include that in the patch notes :( )

Combining the right cards and getting into the game with a clear strategy in mind is the intended design of the game.

The kind of strategy-counterstrategy discussion we have here is just beautiful! However, we do keep an eye on any combinations that are getting out of hand and fix it as it is the case.

I didn't even know that card was responsible for permabeast until someone told me in discord last night. It definitely never sounded like it should affect beast form, from the description!

Shiro

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 07:58:26 AM

I hope the bug where he cannot transofrm again after de-transforming during some matches is fixed too, that was making him barely unplayable since you can only use the beast form once per life

OutlawSiamang21

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 02:27:37 PM
The glitch is a rare occurrence as i have gotten to use it but only as a raider, where my health no longer degrades. Loaht is easy to beat as Quanrian said. Take yourself and a partner to hunt him down as he spawns in. Strategy plays a huge part and complimenting characters is really a massive hinderance for any antag on the game. There are tons of ways to counter any character just take time, learn cqc patterns, weapon capabilities, and the abilities.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 09:42:00 AM
So the exploit makes sense to be fixed, but his beast time appears to have been nerfed *hard*.... I blew up due to the unexpected timer UI change and incredibly short time, he only gets a few seconds now?

Ingrediente T

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 20, 2019, 12:55:13 AM
LOaht bug exploit. Pls MercurySteam, fix this before launching Skins for him.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/413426008

Ingrediente T

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 20, 2019, 01:08:14 AM
Seems that this forum is really abandoned and without moderation. It has even suspicious users spamming links for private webchat, be careful.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 22, 2019, 05:48:16 PM
Hi Ingrediente T,

I just passed this video to the team so they can investigate the exploit.

Thank you very much for reporting it!

Ingrediente T

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 10, 2019, 03:24:19 AM
Hi Ingrediente T,

I just passed this video to the team so they can investigate the exploit.

Thank you very much for reporting it!

it's not the first time this happens, it's been a bug since Loaht's release and now it's the second time I can record on video:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/422749020

I was playing Valeria and to be honest, she also has an exploit that can increase the firing rate of the weapon when we change the view of the camera while firing. This can also be seen in the video. For a fair game it would be great if these problems were fixed urgently because it is not fun to play like that.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 03:27:27 AM by Ingrediente T »

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 17, 2019, 01:48:19 PM
Hello Ingrediente T,

We just saw the Valeria exploit and we are now addressing it, so it'll be fixed in the next patch.

Thank you for reporting it!