Author Topic: game will be dead in a month or two unless these changes are made  (Read 7531 times)

mnar

• View Profile
1. reduce gold required to unlock characters or greatly increase gold rewards more reasonable prices are needed for everything
. i understand that you would like to encourage players to buy characters with real money but youll make more money by keeping people playing the game and buying expansions. the cost to unlock characters is way too high , people will get bored with the game if it is going to take them a month to unlock a new character.   
   2. where are the other 3 characters that were talked about for war dog release? another 10 dollars to keep playing the same characters because of the previous and if someone else chose the 1 new character is just killing the life of this    game.
 3. We must have the ability to start a mission with 2 or 3 players. when me and a friend cant even play anything but the prologue because it is too early or late and not enough players are on to start a match we end up just playing something else. noone wants to keep playing the prologue over and over.                                                                                                                  i like this game but i can already see that it will be a dead game in a couple months unless drastic changes are made soon.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 10:51:57 PM by mnar »

BOILER 4K

• Dance music
    • View Profile
Re: game will be dead in a month or two unless these changes are made
Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 11:46:34 PM
F2P maybe save the game...but its too late.

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 12:08:42 AM
Agreed. Also:
-Add gold to rewards for antagonists.  this would probably complete the role letting people who love it keep playing as antagonist and players who hate it tolerate it more.
- loadoutd require character or faction points instead mercury points. That'd keep the economy balanced so not to farm gold so much, and give viraity to play styles while starting a mission.
- new outfits and weapons where hinted at when Hans got his character guide video. When are they coming and for who? Also,  please make them require character points. That make sense, right?
I had other suggestion but forgot

Roronao

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 10:30:24 AM
Agreed. also:
-Disable accese to prolog mission antagonist that have 2nd rank of raiders and higher, becous they easely kill newbies, and newbies after these leave game forever, give F2P antagonist acces to 2-3 mission from DLC and change avalable missions every week, this will give us some newcomers. I think this change can be very quickly introduced.

-Greate some Leage of Riders and Leage Riders vs Antagonist, where every months will be best score for compleating mission and best average score for compleating all missions. must be reward for average score all missions and reward for each mission, reward should be given to all players, reward should be the mercury point, this will give some goal to veteran to stay in game and you can leave the prices for skins Ginebra and Loath. Similar system of seasons work in the Overwatch and Diablo 3, when the new season begins, the number of players increases.

-Add chat where you can find some players, friend, where newbies can ask help and ask some questions about game. Add friendlist. I dont ask give us chat in mission, but give us opportunity to find teammate before mission.

-Give antagonist opportynity to surrender, becous somtimes  ping was 200-300 or Raiders was too strong. Give antagonsit 3 minute to decedi leave or stay, if he leave in that time he dont lose stigma and raiders continue mission. When ping was 200-300 melee system dont work propetly and some shots dont make damge.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 10:36:42 AM by Roronao »

xturbo77

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 02:20:25 AM
Agreed.
I really loved this game, i bought the Alien Myths and the FP later on (stupid i know...). I recommended this game (on steam and personally to my friends). I can even overlook the stupid reward splitting and blueprint gambling.
BUT.... every time i try to play as antagonist this game is just plain frustrating. Im no fan of PvP, how am i supposed to progress when i play like 4-5 h a week?! Against a good raiders team you simply can't stand a chance. And don't tell me the so called "new progression system" changed anything! I just want to craft some weapons.

Maybe i'll give them one more chance (until Hades Betrayal release). This game need to be fixed, the core gameplay is fine, but there are so many problems: progression, matchmaking, insane prices, grind, reward system, queue times, bugs, etc....
There are a lot of great suggestions (and complaints) in this forum and in the steam community, but MercurySteam does not listen! The only good change in the last update was that card locking needs character/faction point instead of gold.

GoldenGoji

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 04:43:55 AM
This game is fun but the pace at which you can upgrade and unlock is so deterring to players, I even made a post yesterday about the state of matchmaking. Day 2 of Wardog and I can't find matches through 2 hours of searching. People either aren't buying campaigns (which is true) or aren't finding value in progressing or coming back to play (which matchmaking represents). Its such a shame because this IS a fun game at it's core, but they're essentially paywalling the game to death. you can't find matches for the campaigns you paid for, so why should patrons pay more money to not play the new campaigns when you can only matchmaker for Prologue?

Honestly I don't see much changing through any series of updates. Every campaign release further divides the matchmaking pool, so come the 4th installment.. good luck matchmaking.

The only thing I can see saving this doomed gem is a sale to rope new players in. Those new players need to sink their teeth into something good and crave more so they buy, and I doubt the Eternal Soldier does much for that when now they can essentially play the prologue until they gold up a campaign. Give free players the full prologue missions and a few teaser missions to get a feel for it, maybe 2 free tickets to matchmake any level or something. Limit their character pool and let patrons show off all the characters they could have.

This game needs fresh players, a lot of them, but no one will stick around when it takes so long to grind for weapons and cards. I really hope this game can adapt because it really is a fun game, but there are so many things dooming it. Once matchmaking becomes a ghost town, it's kinda hard to rebound..

Tropic23

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 06:00:51 PM
Please FIX IT,or game is Dying :'(

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
This game will shrink down naturally as all games do after release and wont hold any real ground until 'all' planned content is released. As it stands, two campaigns remain and a bucketload of characters and weapons to go along with them. Thus, while I personally bought the game on good faith that might be a difficult choice for many who would just rather wait until the comprehensive package is released. Were it me, I'd merchandise the heck out of the game because frankly the characters and universe can be quite the gold mine for Mercury Steam. Seriously you all... go buy a 3d printer and get us some Raiders of the Broken Planet figurines!