Author Topic: Mastery?  (Read 4996 times)

Argentil

• View Profile
Mastery?
on: November 30, 2017, 03:41:17 PM
I'm missing something here. What does this do?

Also, how do you earn invitations as a campaign owner? Is it linked to Mastery? Would be nice if there were at least a Quick Guide entry for this. I was hoping to earn an invitation to invite a friend to play tonight, but I have no idea how. Is it completely random?

The Wanderlust

• XBox - The Wanderlust
    • View Profile
Re: Mastery?
Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 05:55:13 PM
Aye, I saw Mastery for the first time last night. Had a game where three Lvl 0s disconnected within the first three minutes so I just suicided to at least get the 900 Gold coins for my time. Lost something like 4 Mastery points.

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 12:54:08 PM
Ok, so I've received an invitation after a few wins. It occurred on Hanging By A Thread. I assume based on this that it's just random. Some transparency on the % of earning a ticket would be nice.

I'm still not sure what Mastery was, but the pop-up after games seems to have disappeared. I suspect it has something to do with MMR? Who knows.

MSE_Hellath

• PR Manager
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 02:27:28 PM
Hello,

The Mastery level is related to your skill as a Raider, that helps determining the difficulty settings in the game -affecting AI performance- and the reward system. For higher Mastery levels the game becomes more challenging, but the rewards would be increased after completing a mission.

PersonMcHuman

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 02:32:41 PM
I figured it was something like that, but wasn't certain. Follow up question, however. I could easily just be blind and have been missing it, but is our total mastery shown somewhere?

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 02:33:33 PM
Thanks for the response, Hellath. Yes, that makes sense. As for the higher rewards with higher difficulty, well, that's not usually the case in practice. You end up scoring lower overall because the difficulty scales higher than the amount of credit it gives you for completing at that difficulty. It seems to be slightly better now after this patch, but it's still way lower than it should be, imo. It feels like you're punished for doing well.

I would recommend maybe disabling the mastery pop-up, it's unnecessary. Unless you want to reflect this rating in-game somewhere.

Edit: I just want to clarify what I mean about feeling punished. Gaining mastery is inevitable if you want to win matches, which everyone does. We don't seem to get enough credit for the difficulty in the scoring phase. Additionally, as the difficulty escalates, your winrate drops when you get above 60% difficulty, so it just feels like an inconvenience most of the time. I feel like gaining difficulty should proportionately improve your rewards to compensate for the losses you might face at higher difficulties.

On a sidenote, doing the new campaign maps at 60% difficulty is quite lame, dealing with the new mechanics and players at that difficulty is rough. Could you maybe bump down the difficulty of the first level for the first few weeks to compensate for people learning? Or make difficulty map-specific. All these new players trying to learn the map at that difficulty usually results in a loss.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 02:37:38 PM by Argentil »

Roronao

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 09:44:39 AM
Give opportynity to see how much Mastery i have and how much mastery have my teammates, friends(if you sometame add friend list)

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 10:33:54 AM
Having a combined average of your mastery level when you about to start the mission would be a great idea! This will be a good way to tell what the difficulty would be. Also, letting the antagonist be able to see the raiders mastery level could be a great equalizer. The Raiders get to see the antagonist's rank, why can't the antagonist see the Raider's mastery.       

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 12:17:46 PM
The mastery stuff is very easily to notice - you either have full map of mobs when playing with decent players or just 3 mobs on 4 players when you get noob team which still struggle to understand the mission objective written on the top right corner.
I have to admit that it feels much better to play on high mastery player filled games with lot of actions and 2x rewards.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 01:14:31 PM
Hi Raiders,

We want to release a video explaining how the mastery works along with some other things, so please be patient!

Thank you

Chianedda

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 05:39:01 PM
It is possible to see how much I have of mastery since as you said it is more high it should give better rewards. since I'm still having a 51% difficulty and winning nothing as extravagant as a reward. obviously the vote of the end missikne is always between 7.7 and 8.4, the blueprints of weapons are never seen.