Author Topic: Lv 10 antag wins against lv 200 raiders guess how?  (Read 7915 times)

Deathprize

• View Profile
Re: Lv 10 antag wins against lv 200 raiders guess how?
Reply #15 on: October 16, 2018, 06:53:28 PM
It's good that something is being done about this but increasing the protector's health by 10% doesn't sound like it will make much of a difference. A few shots from a weapon like the javelin (maxed out) will still kill him in a few shots. I will report back when the change is in place, but I feel it will still be an issue.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 16, 2018, 07:03:22 PM
The system made the protector extra weak because the antag was only level 10 and MMR was most likely very low compared to the Raiders. Again, as a higher level player I stay away from that mission. Haven't touched it for about a month now.

Lancer

• "Do what you will, you'll do it anyway"
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 20, 2018, 08:11:15 AM
The system made the protector extra weak because the antag was only level 10 and MMR was most likely very low compared to the Raiders. Again, as a higher level player I stay away from that mission. Haven't touched it for about a month now.
all that gold... Gone

Psyqhical

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 21, 2018, 05:10:19 AM
The only solution I can see here is to restrict certain missions for antagonists, mainly pizza-delivery missions.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 22, 2018, 05:08:39 AM
There's a lot more that goes into winning or losing a match, on both sides, than just "the player was better" and shooting the protector is a scumbag thing to do.

Players that brag about winning this way are like people who think they are good when they had 10-20% lower MMR than whoever they were fighting against, not realizing the game is giving them a huge handicap in every measurable way.

Well, he either created a chance to attack the protector without interrupt, or successfully took advantage of the raiders' weakness and absence.
Just like your Hans took advantage against raiders when Breath of Hope Boss stage were full of minions. What is the difference between you take advantage of minions to kill Raiders and kill Protector when you can?

What did you mean by "when they had 10-20% lower MMR than whoever they were fighting against, not realizing the game is giving them a huge handicap in every measurable way."
What do you expect to have the same MMR? Don't you expect the minions are stronger for you to win easier? "Balanced" game for you to exploit the strength of the minions?? So you are not surrounded by 4 raiders everytime you spawn??

Whatever the handicap is, you win to raise your MMR.

You play antag, so you know when is the time to exploit the environment and dynamics of the game. For more, you want to control them.
This antag did great job controlling the dynamics, I believe. And he successfully created enough time to shoot Uru Garu 6 or more shots without interruption.

How do you know the amount of life of the protector? You do not play antag. You have never analyzed the system for how much difference the MMR makes the life of minions and the protector. You do not even know the difficulty of the game.
Look, what I know here is, this antag was level 10, so the forge level was 1 or 2 (only 5 points) and his passive (damage reduction) is low, while lv200+ raiders can one shot him.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 24, 2018, 02:35:11 AM
What did you mean by "when they had 10-20% lower MMR than whoever they were fighting against, not realizing the game is giving them a huge handicap in every measurable way."
What do you expect to have the same MMR? Don't you expect the minions are stronger for you to win easier? "Balanced" game for you to exploit the strength of the minions?? So you are not surrounded by 4 raiders everytime you spawn??

Now you're just being ignorant to the mechanics that have been discussed at length. Once the MMR of antagonists and raiders becomes greater than 8 or 9 %, the game overcompensates massively on the side that is lower.

So a low MMR antag will get super minions that will curb stomp raiders with 600 health and 150 dmg strikes. A low MMR raider team will have virtually nothing stopping them from 4v1 the antag and objectives because nothing spawns and they all die in 1 hit.

Just 2 small threads to educate you on the issues of largely different MMR:
https://www.spacelordsthegame.com/community/index.php?topic=1583.0
https://www.spacelordsthegame.com/community/index.php?topic=1585.0

10-20% is a huge difference, and I am consistently getting close to 20% difference or higher ever since Spacelords. Pre-spacelords, I still would get unbalanced matches, but 15%, 19%, 22%, these matches would not take place.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 28, 2018, 02:29:53 PM
Thanks for the info.
Someone like you playing around 60% difficulty has a different story, but I have seen little compensation due to the difference.
However, I have seen a bump up on difficulty sometime. I do not know if it is due to the compensation or good manipulation of an antag or poor performance of teammates. There maybe some random factors involve than the compensation due to the difference.

I have 3 videos at 42%MMR, which taken recently, patch 11.2. I do not have a video before the Takato's first post on 10/11/2018, so ME might have fixed the issue already.

You can view 2 from the following. I am working on the last, vs lv77 Shae 29% MMR, but downloading RDR2 is my priority.

Spacelords VS LV13 Kuzzman22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjfDoj_WYyA

Spacelords VS LV95 Harec29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLqKgGG4mho

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: October 28, 2018, 03:58:18 PM
This is the last one. I did not feel that difficulty from minions.

Spacelord VS LV77 Shae29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmuXOSsFBO4