Author Topic: High MMR Antagonist  (Read 4192 times)

LordDraco3

• View Profile
High MMR Antagonist
on: June 01, 2018, 05:54:11 AM
So I played at 70 MMR as antag. After it took around 30 minutes to find a game, the match was populated with enemies with no health, and very low spawn rates.

The map was Enemy Within, and it took longer for me to spawn in for the first time than it did for the Raiders to kill the first squid. I was still materializing while they were taking control of the point.

Squids died in seconds, and council offered no real resistance either. Once we got to phase 2, no Acolytes spawned, or if they did, they died as soon as they were shot at. Based on the attacks, I estimate they had maybe 100 or 200 health.

Even with Tolchok and outleveling the entire team (which this community seems to think will make you an unstoppable force), there was no way to win in a true 4v1 situation when the map was clear of all hostiles except me.

Not only does a difference in MMR cause the game to become too hard for the raiders if the antag is lower MMR and raiders are high, but if the antag is too high and raiders lower, the antagonist is on their own because the game overcompensates for the situation.

I won my previous game by just killing the protector on Fistful of Sand, as all antagonists know to do these days, and my MMR did not go up. But lose on Enemy Within 40 minutes later, and drop 2% MMR? The formula seems to have some issues.

Deathprize

• View Profile
Re: High MMR Antagonist
Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 10:34:55 AM
Yeah I get this too. Weird thing is with all this is that it wasn't this bad before the Hades update. The enemies did scale, so if you were better there weren't as many spawns, but it was never as extreme as now.

It definitely needs changing as a lot of the time even when playing with lower level players this can happen. A lot just disconnect when they  realise. This will start to drive people away. I have stopped playing as frequently because of this, so others are likely to have as well.

Also another point raised here is the protector on a Fistful of Sand. He still dies way to quick. It's an automatic loss against an antagonist in most cases as everyone just shoots him. Most don't bother even spawning in until you have found him.

It's rubbish as there is nothing you can do against certain characters dependant on how many normal bad guys spawn. It too easy a win.

I really like the game though, it's really cool and plays well apart form the difficulty spikes.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 11:04:44 AM by Deathprize »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 07:47:22 PM
I completely agree with you Draco. I have seen this as well.

Do you think a universal standard value for enemy AI is the best thing? What are some solutions do you think would be good to fix this?

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 09:48:58 PM
Well this was some bullshit. My MMR being high apparently means I'm supposed to be an unstoppable demi-god, so the game became so easy that the raiders beat In Shock in..... 2 minutes. I spawned exactly 5 times in that match, scored no kills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlk4w9WacjY

MMR Over-balance *needs to change*

BeertheBrad

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 12:14:20 AM
Well this was some bullshit. My MMR being high apparently means I'm supposed to be an unstoppable demi-god, so the game became so easy that the raiders beat In Shock in..... 2 minutes. I spawned exactly 5 times in that match, scored no kills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlk4w9WacjY

MMR Over-balance *needs to change*

Get gud noob!  :P :P :P ;D ;D ;D ;D

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 12:38:29 AM
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 01:24:06 AM by LordDraco3 »

Space Kobura

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 07:00:46 PM
Maybe a solution would be to keep the MMR system for missions without antagonist and use something like total time spent in the game to balance the difficulty when it comes to PVP. Super easy mode for veteran raiders is complete BS. Getting rid of the extremes would be a good start (no more super easy and super hard, they're just not fun to play).