Author Topic: New Ban System + Antagonist bug fixed!  (Read 20248 times)

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
New Ban System + Antagonist bug fixed!
on: November 17, 2017, 06:01:40 PM
Greetings, Raiders!

As you know, we have been gradually introducing some changes to Raiders of the Broken Planet having all your feedback in mind. One of the most addressed issues was related to the ban system and some users abandoning the matches.

Leaving a game in the middle of a mission is a frustrating experience for the remaining players so we are taking actions to discourage this behaviour.

From now, all players who drop off the match and fail to reconnect, will be banned for a few minutes. If banned players persist on this conduct it may result on a lengthier ban period. We would like to thank all the fans who have reported this unsporting behaviour.

In addition to this, we have detected that, on occasions, the algorithm responsible of balancing Antagonists appearances was not working as designed, causing a lower than desired rate of games including the Uras-Beherit agents.  With the latest hotfix, live now, the algorithm is now properly balanced and the chances of Antagonists trying to foil the Raiders’ mission has increased. Watch your backs!

Please, let us know what you think of these changes and see you on the Broken Planet!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 06:05:43 PM by MSE_KarenHB »

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Re: New Ban System + Antagonist bug fixed!
Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 07:23:17 PM
this would be good for new players to know before starting the first mission. that's where i had the most trouble with people leaving mid game. you also, might want to add lost of gold. that'll really stick it to those kind of players.
A thought i had: should this be extended to pre mission launch for the players who don't make themselves known.

Nikrist666

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 07:27:14 PM
The ban is good) But then you need to fix the bug with the constant game crashes in the mission Hanging by a Thread, after the second stage, going on the Elevator. About it already wrote on the Steam forums(http://steamcommunity.com/app/436180), but the bug still exists, For me this mission is crashing there all the time!!!

The Wanderlust

• XBox - The Wanderlust
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 07:44:02 PM
Glad to hear about the Antagonist fix! I was hitting that issue in a major way last night on Xbox.

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 07:50:13 PM
Thank you! I think these temporary bans are a good idea, and hopefully now I can play the antagonist more and get my fix! I like playing the Antagonist way too much…I think I have a problem. O_o

The Wanderlust

• XBox - The Wanderlust
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 11:05:56 PM
Thank you! I think these temporary bans are a good idea, and hopefully now I can play the antagonist more and get my fix! I like playing the Antagonist way too much…I think I have a problem. O_o

Nothing wrong with that! I've started to prefer going against Antagonists rather than straight PvE matches. Not only are the rewards WAY better and the difficulty better balanced, but it adds a refreshing wild card to the proceedings.

And yes, I like to stir the pot a bit as an Antag from time to time as well, though I usually feel at least a little bit guilty killing innocent players.  :P