Author Topic: Video Faction Guide for new players  (Read 9003 times)

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Video Faction Guide for new players
on: November 15, 2017, 04:08:14 AM
A lot of players are unaware of the major and universal differences of the factions; so, I wanted a make a simple guide for the different factions in Raiders of the Broken Planet, teaching the strengths and weakness of each faction. Be forewarned that editing is not my strength. XD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3YpcdITdAA

Derclaw

• View Profile
Re: Video Faction Guide for new players
Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 11:00:13 AM
I think you could add some staple faction cards to the mix that reinforce basic playstyle:

- Hades:
- Black belt - take 25% less dmg in melee.
So its 30 dmg per hit on you instead of 40 - so at 140 hp it will take 5 direct melee hits to be downed instead of 4 for example, making you into even greater brawler.

- Kevlar - take 50% less weapon dmg when CCQ.
Can help vs people who try to break your grapple by shooting at you (I asume that works like that XD)

- Stealth - stress meter fills up 40% less.
This one allows you to ape Aliens a bit as you can now run a mile without hitting stress mark, but best part is at 5 Alef - you just stop generating stress. At all. Nothing will make you generate stress as long as you hold 5 Alef - you can shoot, you can take hits, you can run and use your skills non stop - while being invisible through the walls and constantly regaining health. The tricky part is to get 5 alef ofc XD.

- Fifth council:
Closed System - healing 20 on each frag with you weapon or ability, but NOT with your iron fists.
 This one is obviously for raider side only, as you wont be ramping up chain kills as antagonist and miliage may vary from chracater to character (Ginebra kinda benefits less from it as she has to reload and thus you have more oportunities to deplete your stress anyway, but Konstantine and Kuzman suffer a major gamechangin-gasm with "I AM INVINCIBLE!" vibe when your just plow through enemies without need to get into cover nearly as much).

- Reboot - regain HP 140% faster if standing still.
Oddly enough feels really good on Ginebra, while being uber lackluster on "Ko & Ku" - as it pairs really well with your realoding - you have just the right ammount of low stress time during reloading in cover that boosted regeneration will top you off pretty much from any ammount of HP left.

- Variety of assorted dmg boosters - Do not bother with 4% one - Konstantine and Kuzman wont see basicly any increase and it doesnt help Ginebra to break any sort of thresholds that change her "twoshots" into "oneshots".
10% are kinda interesting, but mostly as antagonist or if you want to see huge overkill numbers as Ginebra - you forsake Closed System on "Ko & Ku" as raider - and thats a big deal, as minor dmg increase is not worth lose of major survivability boost.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 11:05:24 AM by Derclaw »

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 11:51:00 AM
Hi guys!

Thank you very much! This is always useful for newcomers to understand the characters and the lore around them ;)

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 12:33:39 PM
Great vid, would be interested in seeing character breakdowns as well.

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 05:16:06 PM
I think you could add some staple faction cards to the mix that reinforce basic playstyle:

- Hades:
- Black belt - take 25% less dmg in melee.
So its 30 dmg per hit on you instead of 40 - so at 140 hp it will take 5 direct melee hits to be downed instead of 4 for example, making you into even greater brawler.

- Kevlar - take 50% less weapon dmg when CCQ.
Can help vs people who try to break your grapple by shooting at you (I asume that works like that XD)

- Stealth - stress meter fills up 40% less.
This one allows you to ape Aliens a bit as you can now run a mile without hitting stress mark, but best part is at 5 Alef - you just stop generating stress. At all. Nothing will make you generate stress as long as you hold 5 Alef - you can shoot, you can take hits, you can run and use your skills non stop - while being invisible through the walls and constantly regaining health. The tricky part is to get 5 alef ofc XD.

- Fifth council:
Closed System - healing 20 on each frag with you weapon or ability, but NOT with your iron fists.
 This one is obviously for raider side only, as you wont be ramping up chain kills as antagonist and miliage may vary from chracater to character (Ginebra kinda benefits less from it as she has to reload and thus you have more oportunities to deplete your stress anyway, but Konstantine and Kuzman suffer a major gamechangin-gasm with "I AM INVINCIBLE!" vibe when your just plow through enemies without need to get into cover nearly as much).

- Reboot - regain HP 140% faster if standing still.
Oddly enough feels really good on Ginebra, while being uber lackluster on "Ko & Ku" - as it pairs really well with your realoding - you have just the right ammount of low stress time during reloading in cover that boosted regeneration will top you off pretty much from any ammount of HP left.

- Variety of assorted dmg boosters - Do not bother with 4% one - Konstantine and Kuzman wont see basicly any increase and it doesnt help Ginebra to break any sort of thresholds that change her "twoshots" into "oneshots".
10% are kinda interesting, but mostly as antagonist or if you want to see huge overkill numbers as Ginebra - you forsake Closed System on "Ko & Ku" as raider - and thats a big deal, as minor dmg increase is not worth lose of major survivability boost.
Thank you for the input this helps a lot, I actually plan on making card guide later, but I thought this would be a better place to start.

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 05:29:43 PM
Hi guys!

Thank you very much! This is always useful for newcomers to understand the characters and the lore around them ;)
Great vid, would be interested in seeing character breakdowns as well.
Thank you so much for your encouragement, my next step is to do a HAREC character guide actually. 😉

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 07:46:10 PM
As far as cards go, I have to say pairing Kuzmann's rare weapon with the self-healing on kill faction card, and the increased arc lightning range is really good. It's pretty decent against antagonists as well, and allows for some kiting potential as you hold down R1 while running and have things zap each other while they chase you, healing all the while. He makes an excellent tank and wave clearer, as well as a great supporting antag-killer if you stick voltage on nearby enemies and zap the antagonist while they're trying to take cover. It also makes up for his lack of mobility, as you can tag enemies and run around, instead of being stuck rooted to the spot.

His healing gun is also really good in certain situations, but I find it's better to use it with some level of coordination among the team.

I would like to see more build variety like this with the other raiders in future.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 08:27:43 PM by Argentil »

The Wanderlust

• XBox - The Wanderlust
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 05:27:04 PM
Enjoyed the video, looking forward to more!

[/quote]
Thank you so much for your encouragement, my next step is to do a HAREC character guide actually. 😉
[/quote]

Especially this! I fee like I have a good grip on everyone except the Locals.