Author Topic: Reward System Hot-Fix Update  (Read 24281 times)

MSE_Hellath

• PR Manager
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reward System Hot-Fix Update
on: November 08, 2017, 07:55:14 PM
Dear Raiders,

As we have commented in our various social channels, we are closely tracking player progress in the live servers and keeping an eye on your feedback and suggestions in order to keep improving Raiders of the Broken Planet. Today, we want to share some of the most immediate actions we are taking based on the data gathered and on your own experiences. 

Player behavior and reward choices are tightly tied with how the game’s economy works. There's currently a couple issues that have been affecting the overall experience and that we're trying to correct:

First of all, Antagonist appearances are not as random as we would like them to be. There are groups of players with a certain skill level or who are playing certain missions, that are experiencing less frequency of antagonist appearances than others. This is something that we plan to address in two ways:

Antagonists no longer will know what map they're going to play before confirming their presence. This will not allow tactical choice of missions that would result in cancelled matches for all the other players and will also spread antagonist appearances across all maps evenly.

We are working on modifying the matchmaking algorithm to better spread antagonist appearances across all missions.

Secondly, player progression is not following the stable path we originally devised. The game’s reward system is influenced by several variables: Better scores give our better rewards. The inclusion of an Antagonist in the game grants a significant boost on the rewards. Blueprint drops and players’ choices have a part to play as well. 

This situation has been exacerbated by the issue discussed in the previous point as well as the fact that bonus prizes depended too much on the Antagonist presence. As a solution, we are applying a hot fix to the game’s backend that will guarantee more balanced (and slightly increased) rewards, having that criteria in mind. 

Last, but not least, we have also included the option to decrease your chances of becoming the game’s host, if you reckon your connection is not the best suited for that task. 

Please, let us know what you think of this changes, and keep sending us your feedback!

Argentil

• View Profile
Re: Reward System Hot-Fix Update
Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 08:07:53 PM
Thanks for the update, just in time.

GerCarrigan

• Gamer with Passion
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 08:09:22 PM
yup. Thanks for adressing this. Keep it going.

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 09:19:22 PM
I have played a few games with the new hot-fix on the V01.04 patch and it so far gameplay wise has been a much more enjoyable experience; however, I have frequently have been disconnected from the server outside of the game. This did not happen to my before this update, I play on xbox one and was wondering if others had the same issue?     

The Wanderlust

• XBox - The Wanderlust
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 09:25:08 PM
I am quite pleased to hear of these hotfixes. Thank you for the update!

BloodNekoKiux, I had some issues last night but was able to reconnect to the server after rebooting the game directly. Not ideal, but it happened to work for me.

Geisty

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 09:37:55 PM
How about you all hotfix these skin/character prices?

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 10:39:29 PM
oh thank you! these sound like good fixes. Do need more detail on the blueprint drops though.

Blue27

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 11:46:08 PM
Ever since the hot fix I am having trouble staying connected to the servers   (I play on Xbox).  Great update by the way. I hope you give the antagonist raider rewards in your next update. I would love to play as the antagonist most of the time but you pretty much get no reward.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 11:56:21 PM by Blue27 »

The Wanderlust

• XBox - The Wanderlust
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 05:04:26 AM
Ever since the hot fix I am having trouble staying connected to the servers   (I play on Xbox)

Same.  :-\

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 01:31:31 PM
I have to say, I don't think this reward hotfix actually solves the problem at all. Raising the amount of gold rewarded by a third across the board is the wrong approach to take here. The economy is so imbalanced now that almost everyone is just rolling gold. This is a bit short-sighted.

I hope the dev team is seriously considering the daily reward system I proposed in another thread, but with Gold rewards exclusively considering the current situation:
https://www.mercurysteam.com/raiders-of-the-broken-planet/community/index.php?topic=940.0

Edit: I don't mean to sound defeatist, I have faith that there is a long-term plan in the works.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 02:11:45 PM by Argentil »

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 11:24:51 AM
Hi Argentil,

You are right. This a short term action, transitional, before we aply the long term plan. Thank you, as usual, for your thoughts.

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 12:35:08 PM
Good to hear, thanks for the update.

Derclaw

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 01:00:58 PM
How about making playing antagonist worth your time?
Like removing "Win or bust" from antagonist (hell you dont have win or bust on raiders - you always gain something even with an off-beat chance on a weapon blueprint tier reward even if you lose), adding option to gain other stuff from playing antagonist (like simply copy-paste the raider reward screen) while always providing some stigmatas if you managed to deplete riders Alef pool atleast once even if you ultimately failed at completely stopping them from finishing mission.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 01:08:37 PM by Derclaw »

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 08:12:10 PM
I know this may be asking a bit much, but is there any loose release timeframe on these reward changes? I've been saving gold for Mikah and Ginebra for about a month, and I've just hit 300k by rolling exclusively on gold rewards and playing more frequently than I'd like to admit - but I don't want to spend this hard-won gold if:
a) The new Raiders are going to cost more than 100k
b) The new Raiders are going to be released within the next few weeks
c) There is no marked improvement in rewards incoming within the next 2 weeks (sorry if this seems like an arbitrary time limit, but I'm burning out on the current system, and I don't think I can go on much longer)

I would much prefer to spend this gold on the new characters, but if they're going to cost less than the recent Raiders, then I don't mind grinding up the Gold again. I'm hoping for a fair 80k on average per hero, depending on whatever your metrics are. Basically, if you can either give us a release window, or confirm that the new raiders won't cost as much as Mikah and Ginebra, then I will happily spend my Gold and earn it back again.

I've been recording my average gold earned since the update, with a fresh start, and currently I'm sitting on 1822.87 Gold earned on average per game across maps. This reflects what I posted above about the flat increase not helping, as that's half of what I was earning before you increased the gold reward by 1/3rd post-Ginebra. I've also recorded whenever there is a split roll on gold, so that will be an interesting statistic to put forward as well.

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 15, 2017, 11:28:57 PM
I would much prefer to spend this gold on the new characters, but if they're going to cost less than the recent Raiders, then I don't mind grinding up the Gold again. I'm hoping for a fair 80k on average per hero, depending on whatever your metrics are. Basically, if you can either give us a release window, or confirm that the new raiders won't cost as much as Mikah and Ginebra, then I will happily spend my Gold and earn it back again.

I've been recording my average gold earned since the update, with a fresh start, and currently I'm sitting on 1822.87 Gold earned on average per game across maps. This reflects what I posted above about the flat increase not helping, as that's half of what I was earning before you increased the gold reward by 1/3rd post-Ginebra. I've also recorded whenever there is a split roll on gold, so that will be an interesting statistic to put forward as well.
If you have that much then I would say wait until the new story update and see what happens, and how did you get 317k?! I have not collectively earned 100k and I play almost every day? (except the 4 days the xbox/windows10 servers were bugged)