Author Topic: Overpowered Antagonist VS New Players  (Read 8022 times)

Brizzier

• View Profile
Re: Overpowered Antagonist VS New Players
Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 02:41:46 PM
Okay, let's explain somethings here ...

.. I am the 55th antagonist rank (xbox one). I confess that most of the stigmas I got in prologue.

But what can I do if matchmaking always puts me in the prologue? Let the opponents win because they are newbies? NEVER!

If the matcmaking is broken and always puts me in the prologue when I play as an antagonist, I cant do anything. I will DESTROY all my opponents, no matter if they are new or experienced.

BOILER 4K

• Dance music
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 31, 2017, 04:53:52 PM
hi guys,for me the real problem is not the antagonist,i help a lot in the prologue new player,and no one buy the game,why?reward system.

IvaN_KhaN

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 31, 2017, 06:48:16 PM
I admit that I let the antagonist win that game because I only saw a "veteran rank" (tribas) bust the poor harec 50 times when he has almost no chance of winning that game. Also that most antagonistic players go to the prologue because they can not win a game on the maps of alien myths.
Esa es la clave y el principal problema de todo.
4vs1, un antagonista solo sin ningún tipo de ventaja adicional es completamente imposible ganar a un equipo coordinado por muy bueno y estratega que seas, es muy frustrante y la pérdida de estigmas no tiene piedad.
Es lógico que ante esta clara injusticia y gran problema  a solucionar los antagonistas decidan conseguir estigmas fáciles en el prólogo o incluso solo pelear allí para tener alguna oportunidad de ganar o subir en el ranking, es un problema que al no solucionarse deriva en otro problema aun peor que perjudica a los nuevos jugadores.
El modo antagonista morirá si no se le da un mínimo de ventaja al que se atreve a ese desafío tan grande y además tan nulamente recompensado...(ni oro, ni puntos de facción ni de personaje ni nada).
Aparecer en un ranking puede ser divertido las dos primeras semanas pero no es suficiente motivación para seguir asumiendo un desafío tan injusto y descompensado.
Mercury con todo el cariño que le tengo al juego os recomiendo que mimeis un pilar de la experiencia Raiders cómo es este modo antagonista(menor tiempo de respawn, potenciadores para el antagonista, menos vidas para los raiders, más tiempo para ejecutarlos antes del reinicio de vida, etc... tal como esta ahora arruina la experiencia del antagonista)

Geisty

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 31, 2017, 09:53:00 PM
Okay, let's explain somethings here ...

.. I am the 55th antagonist rank (xbox one). I confess that most of the stigmas I got in prologue.

But what can I do if matchmaking always puts me in the prologue? Let the opponents win because they are newbies? NEVER!

If the matcmaking is broken and always puts me in the prologue when I play as an antagonist, I cant do anything. I will DESTROY all my opponents, no matter if they are new or experienced.

In a post I made before I state this exact thing. You should not feel sympathy for the players that you beat, despite them being new. That is why you play an antagonist, to be ruthless.

But there are glaring problems with the system. No rewards is the biggest issue imo. Second being it discourages new players. Let's face it, this game only appeals to a really niche group. On first impression, I hated the game and literally forced myself to play because I liked the art style.

Honestly though, it feels like I paid for a Beta for a game, and later it's gonna be free to play.
Makes sense why skins are ridiculously priced in a pay to play game, to make profit when it goes f2p.

Geisty

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 31, 2017, 10:02:09 PM
Also, I skip playing the Prologue. Which sucks because it will almost always have the best rewards. Frequent blueprints and constant Antags means $$$$$$. But I get bored to death of it and I hate running with new players that i have to protect from Antags. The problem is so few people own Alien Myths and The Prologue is free, so matchmaking is skewed.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: November 01, 2017, 12:24:37 AM
I've seen both sides of this argument and there doesn't seem to be a definite solution to either the Antagonist being overpowered or the Raiders 'unfairly' outnumbering the Antagonist. If you have more experience with the game in general you 'will' likely crush newer players and it's largely on them to decide if they want to get better just like you did... or give up. From my own experience, I crushed two consecutive teams of newbies on the Prologue and I felt so bad about it I started discussing tactics with one of the hosts. People aren't learning they are simply quitting and often at that. I want to be harsh and say if they really can't stick it out there are easier games out there but the learning curve in general is quite steep and punishing. Thus, this game is in dire need of a training dojo, simulator room or the like to really grind in the mechanics (not just for Harec but for all characters) and new players should have easy access to it.

Geisty

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 01, 2017, 05:49:39 AM
I've seen both sides of this argument and there doesn't seem to be a definite solution to either the Antagonist being overpowered or the Raiders 'unfairly' outnumbering the Antagonist. If you have more experience with the game in general you 'will' likely crush newer players and it's largely on them to decide if they want to get better just like you did... or give up. From my own experience, I crushed two consecutive teams of newbies on the Prologue and I felt so bad about it I started discussing tactics with one of the hosts. People aren't learning they are simply quitting and often at that. I want to be harsh and say if they really can't stick it out there are easier games out there but the learning curve in general is quite steep and punishing. Thus, this game is in dire need of a training dojo, simulator room or the like to really grind in the mechanics (not just for Harec but for all characters) and new players should have easy access to it.

I agree, I proposed a training dojo a bit back because I feel the tutorial for this game is weak. It would also be beneficial to try out a gun before paying gold for it. Because some guns I simply don't like and could have saved my gold on more useful things.
And here's the thing: farming the Prologue breeds lazy and weak Antags. I have had some of the top 10 players on Xbox hop in a match as Antags and get trashed. Some of them are pretty good. But then there others that aren't used to legit tactics and the players knowing their kits/melee combat.
It's a real vicious cycle that honestly I think the best cure would be injecting more players in the game.
But well, I mean... that's up to the devs.