Author Topic: Seriously?  (Read 4117 times)

Teehee

• View Profile
Seriously?
on: October 09, 2017, 07:21:37 PM
I do not know if the developers read the discussion in Steam, so I'll duplicate the feedback here.

First of all, I will say that earlier I did not like multiplayer online shooters. Until I met this game. I like it, despite some of its problems, which I hope you(devs) will correct with time. The reason I like this game is because it has a story. Different characters, with their prehistory. The original Universe. I like the lore of the game.

And the reason for such an expressive title is a big fat middle finger in front of my face when I want to know the whole lore. I am talking about Uras-Beherit (Sorry, I do not know the name in English, I hope it's the same). To unlock the full info, you need to have the 18th rank of the antagonist. I've looked at the League of Antagonists...
It seems that only the top-5 antagonists from around the world (or the server) can get this rank. Seriously?!!

What was the purpose of this decision? This decision would be controversial, even if it is necessary to enter the top-100 of antagonists. I just want to know lore.

I've noticed that 70-80 percent of all discussions, reviews, feedback is discontent with the need to have the rank of antagonist. It's a terrible game design decision to force players to play for an antagonist if they do not want to. Especially, if they must be top-№ of the world.

There are players who do not want to play with an antagonist. There are players who want to play only with an antagonist. Now everyone suffers. There must be an option to play only with\without the antagonist.

And for those who like me, want to open the lore (or make a weapon), but do not want or can not (for various reasons) play for the antagonist, you can add special points, given when you defeat the antagonist. To the entire group at the end of the mission or personally to the player who killed the antagonist.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:30:06 PM by Teehee »

MSE_Hellath

• PR Manager
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Re: AYFKM
Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 07:50:18 PM
Hello Teehee,

Thanks for your feedback. I reckon it's a really measured and reasonable post (not a big fan of the title, though, please, consider changing it, as we don't support robust language in this forum)

Antagonist rank is certainly a hot topic among the Community and, as we have stated before, if you overwhelmingly think that a feature should be changed, we'll definitely take action.

Having said that, please understand that making videogames is not a quick process, and changing even what might be considered a small part of the game needs to be put in the Production pipeline, be balanced, debuged, certified by First Parties, etc. Long story short, we are listening, but these things take time.

Please, keep sending your feedback, here and on Steam or through social media. We are a quite small team, and we might take a bit to answer everything, but we do try our best.

Thanks!

Teehee

• View Profile
Re: AYFKM
Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 08:55:27 PM
Not a big fan of the title, though, please, consider changing it.
Done.

Having said that, please understand that making videogames is not a quick process.
As a person interested in the game industry, I understand. I wrote this post because I saw many identical topics with the same feedback as this one, but did not see an answer to them (maybe I missed it). I just wanted to know that the developers heard the players and are doing something about this.

Thanks for your response!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 09:24:44 PM by Teehee »

MSE_Hellath

• PR Manager
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Re: Seriously?
Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 01:26:39 PM
Thanks to you. Please, keep sending your feedback. We are all for healthy debate about improving the game!

AllMostOliver

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 05:31:59 AM
This is possibly gonna be " irrelevant" at this point but,. I think there point with the Uras-Beherit's story locked behind a "Master" Antagonist rank could be that the Evil "Alien Overlord" would only In-trust? His darkest Secrets with his highest Ranked Operator's, Of course on a Consumer stand point it looks kinda "Stupid" But it would make for a Thoughtful Story Concept :)

Teehee

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 11:51:37 AM
Sorry for the bad English. I'm used to reading English text, not writing.

Let's talk in more detail about the process of obtaining points. To get the 18th rank you need to have 48 points or so. But the players do not stop there and earn even more points. And those who earned 48 points suddenly drop in rank. Let's look at the current table of antagonists. Only 5 people have the 18th rank. The first has 194 points, the fifth has 95. This indicates that only the top 5 players can have this rank, or the difference between the first and the last should not be more than 100 points.

Consider how many points the player earns and loses on winning or losing. I participated in closed beta tests and had much better skills than beginners. I played for the antagonist on the day of the release of the game. There were absolute beginners who did not know how to fight in close combat. I just used grapple and killed them all in 3-4 minutes. I doubt that this result can be improved in any way. I got 6 points.
After a while the players became more experienced.  I again played for the antagonist. Confrontation was equivalent. It was really interesting, who will win.  The game lasted 58 minutes! I won and got 2 points. Then I again played as an antagonist. The difficulty was about the same, the game also lasted about an hour, but I lost. And I lost 7 points.

I do not exactly remember what rank is needed for the most demanding weapons, perhaps the 10th. This is 2-3 well played matches or 5 poorly played matches. Which is not so much, I have already collected all the weapons. But if you want to compete for the 18th rank ...

Now let's assume that the player will always win, but only 2 points will be earned. And that the game session will last 30-60 minutes. To earn 150 points and get a stable 18th rank you need to spend 37-75 hours a week. The amount of time spent will increase substantially if the player loses. I have a question for top antagonists about the amount of their free time. And how honest methods they used to achieve such a rank.

I can mention technical problems. If your ping is higher than the ping for the rest of the players, then your punches, grips and dodges will often be ignored by the game\server.

By the way, cheaters. Unfortunately, I do not have any evidence, so I will not name specific names. But with 99.9% chance I can say that I met cheaters. For example, shooting through walls. Through hell a lot of walls. Invisibility (not Shae).  As I know, during the grapple the player is invulnerable and can not be interrupted. So, I was interrupted. At least these three cases occurred with some top antagonists.

I fully agree with the preservation of the Story Concept.  But considering all of the above, there must be an easier way. And I think that the way I mentioned in the first message does not violate the concept.
you can add special points, given when you defeat the antagonist. To the entire group at the end of the mission or personally to the player who killed the antagonist.

The more you confront the antagonists, the more you fight with them, the better you will know them. And after dozens of battles, you know about your enemy no less than about your own brother.

Besides, we do not know if these Darkest Secrets are hidden in Uras-Beherit's story at all. I opened everything except the last two. And it does not seem that there are some great secrets there)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 03:29:30 PM by Teehee »

alef321

• Fun is the priority
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 12:44:08 PM
I agree and I remember playing against/with you on steam !
after seeing the rank for this week, I will take a break from antagonist mode for a while, there's literally the same people that were top last week and everyone else just left.
I had the displeasure of interacting with one of the high ranked antagonist and he was so frikin rude and pretty much an a-hole making me want to play these forced antagonist matches even less.