Author Topic: Aequilibrium Dropping  (Read 3853 times)

Jester278

• View Profile
Aequilibrium Dropping
on: December 23, 2018, 01:48:47 PM
Hello, the Aequilibrium in my guild is dropping without anybody playing the game.
I took a video yesterday, just before I logged off, to prove it. The bonus was 23%
24 hours later, I log in & nobody has played since, it is now 18%.
It has been going down daily, despite my hard work & now I am losing the bonus for no reason, please fix it.
Video ling after logging off.... https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/paul-roberts-27/video/66021348

Screenshot after logging back in & nobody had played... https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/paul-roberts-27/screenshot/11125547

This is the xbox one version

Jester278

• View Profile
Re: Aequilibrium Dropping
Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 01:56:12 PM
Extra screenshot, just to show that it shouldn't be dropping since only 1 player is adding to the antagonist side, nobody is adding to the raiders side.
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/paul-roberts-27/screenshot/11125570

BlaZeMaN

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 02:13:35 PM
I've seen it happen on our guild as well regardless of leveling up . It may be due to inactivity but it is still pretty weird to have it occur even when level-ups are happening .

Jester278

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 02:26:18 PM
But a 5% drop in 24 hours with just 3 members & 1 levelling up all the time is ridiculous, it's going to hit zero in 3 days no matter how much its added to by the 1 playing

Jester278

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 05:43:26 PM
It's definitely not an inactive thing, the guilds aren't working properly, in line with the aequilibrium.
I kicked everyone out, to test it & played on my own.
It seems that anyone that was in the same tier 1 group that I was in, or any other person that was in the same tier group that any other guild member was in, is taking from our guild aequilibrium.
It's therefore a bug and so there's absolutely no point in being in a guild right now, since there's no benefits whatsoever.
I can't tell if anyone outside the guild is able to add to the aequilibrium , but they are definitely taking from it. I am down to 9% now without ever levelling up as a raider, so I have no choice but to disband until the bug is sorted out.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 05:46:58 PM by Jester278 »

Jester278

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 03:39:28 AM
FYI This never did get fixed & the bonus dropped continuously until it reached zero, despite me being the only alliance member & only levelling up as antagonist.

I disbanded the alliance & the aequilibrium became 20% and worked properly afterwards.

I'd advise everyone not to form an alliance, until it's fixed, if you're relying on the bonus, as it drops no matter what you do.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 02:10:58 AM
Karen did explain on another post in the forums, that in guilds the aequilibrium will drop when no one is playing towards the 0% sides, in order to encourage playing more often

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 17, 2019, 05:24:12 AM
It discourages me because because it's obvious that our effort is not translating into reward and likely wont. Our guild has nothing but antag affinity for the past few days and we're still sitting firmly on the raider side. I play nearly every day, what more do they want?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 05:24:05 PM by Placelord »

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 06:33:10 PM
Hello guys,

I just posted this in another thread, I hope it helps understand how the system works:

As you know, the Aequilibrium oscilates between the Raider or the Antagonist orientation depending on the matches you play, the victories and defeats, etc.

As it is concieved now, if the members of a Guild don’t play, the Aequilibrium tends to move toward the extremes. In general, it tends to lean to the Antagonist side because there are more matches played as a Raider than as an Antagonist. In other words, if you play the same amount of matches, let's say 10, as a Raider and as an Antagonist, the Aequilibrium bar is going to favour the Antagonist side because it's "heavier".

This happens because we established a higher variable, which is related with time, before the arrival of the Guilds. This percentage worked fine for the Tiers since there were a lot of players playing in different time zones and the Aequilibrium was always oscilating, but it's different for the Guilds. They are smaller, so if their members don’t play during a weekend, for example, they will see how the Aequilibrium increases or decreases drastically.

To solve this issue, we are going to tweak these numbers, making them more fair for the Guilds. We are working on it right now so you'll most likely see these changes applied in the next updates.

We apologize for the inconveniences this may caused to you. Your feedback has been very useful in order to locate this issue, so thank you very much for your help! ;)