Author Topic: Cross platform matchmaking...  (Read 3402 times)

ExFiftyOne

• View Profile
Cross platform matchmaking...
on: December 22, 2018, 07:50:26 PM
I get why it's there. You find matches faster. It still does not make me want to play with anyone who says they are part of the "pc master race" or anyone on PC in general. Never had a good experience with them. Can't talk to them in any way that I'm aware of. (I'm on Xbox)
 I mostly just hate the attitudes a lot of them seem to have. Too needy and demanding. Chances are they are no better  or worse than the rest of us humans but they'll  never admit it. They aren't elite because they play PC, to me or anyone I know but they sure seem to act like it.

The matches still take forever to find anyway... So do I just block every PC player I come across until I stop coming across them or what?

I don't feel like you folks at MSE should ever take an option away. Unless somehow it screws everything up of course. Sorry to the nice and fun/life loving pc'ers out there. I don't mean you, just the "master race" assholes.

Placelord

• View Profile
Re: Cross platform matchmaking...
Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 02:40:53 AM
I dunno, they seems more like a general societal problem rather than a flaw of this game in particular. I like the cooperative aspect of this game in that if you are playing with someone who has better performance/aiming/ect, that's going tho help you win. Rather than fortnite where they just fodderize you and rub it in.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 07:49:00 PM
Geeze this is one salty post. You're only gonna lower your chances of finding games, but..... have you checked the game settings? There is an option to turn off cross-platform play.

ExFiftyOne

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 04:50:47 AM
It is indeed a bit salty I agree. I don't think it fair to have to play with or against those who have advantages I or others on my team may not have. I have not noticed the wait time shrinking at all with the forced cross play either so to me it means nothing. There is still an option to turn it off while you go into settings while in a match but it's dark and can't be turned on or off. I've never enjoyed the attitudes of PC gamers. Maybe that's just me and that's just fine. Still believe I should be able to choose to some extent who I prefer to play with.

Can't party up with em, can't send messages. What's the point? I'm just fine with my fellow Xboxers. Forced inclusion is just as bad as forced separation. Choice, options, freedom.... Blah blah. I just want an option back. If I'm willing to wait the extra time I should be able to. Whatever though. I'll just keep blockin. Though it doesn't help to do that when I'm on a team... No way to win here I think. Gotta love bows that tie themselves.

ExFiftyOne

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 05:28:40 AM
... and another thing! I haven't had a match with a PC player that hasn't been a messed up connection. I know not every single PC player has a bad connection. Is this an actual problem? The game seems to run better when another Xbox player is hosting or there are no PC players at all. Antagging against a group of all PC players is absolute bull spit. I can never see my shots and my melee game is all busted. I just sat there and gave em aleph for 15 minutes. They didn't need it. But wouldn't stop taking it. Typical of the "master race" I suppose lol. Ayway, still hate it. Still blocking every PC player I see though I know the supply will never run out. Just wanna play with people I can communicate with. And not with those I can't. Seems simple to me. Please bring the option back. Please.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 03:48:39 AM
Yeah I've heard a lot of complaints about crossplay's connection quality, more than anything, from both sides. If a PC player has a console host or vice-versa, people seem to always have issues.

Anyways this option should work for you

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 03:55:16 AM
Huh, well I just took that pic so it's there on PS4, but anotherXbox player is saying they no longer have the option. That seems like some kind of oversight...

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 06:01:00 PM
Hi there!

This option is missing in the Spacelords' menu because you need to activate it from your Xbox One. You should be able to find it in Settings / Privacy & online safety / Xbox Live privacy / View details & customize.