Author Topic: Speaking of dead horses...  (Read 2711 times)

Placelord

• View Profile
Speaking of dead horses...
on: December 27, 2018, 02:40:27 AM
I'm done until the next major update. In it's current state this game is just a waste of time. Glad I spent 40 bucks to get smacked by a lv 300 Rak every time I boot up the game. Real good focus on balance MSE: a single character with truckloads of health that can down you in one punch with no drawback in speed or agility and rains down aoe from all ranges short of a half mile. Oh and he can heal/over heal. Why don't you just make him fly or go invisible while you're at it. Or would that be too OP? Maybe I'm being a bit dramatic, I mean look at what he's up against he has to give it his all to survive. Oh wait it's just a lv 10 and 3 ads. Is this a game or a BDSM club?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 02:46:34 AM by Placelord »

Tekato

• View Profile
Re: Speaking of dead horses...
Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 03:43:17 AM
Yeah if you don't use a sniper/long range character on rak good luck getting close enough to kill him. Hans is also a really good counter for rak.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 03:56:46 AM
True I did get lucky recently with Harek v Rak. It's just such poor design. All the other raiders have weaknesses to counter thier strengths. Rak is a DPS, healer, tank, crowd control, and scout. You can't have that on one character and call your game competitive.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 05:14:00 AM by Placelord »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 04:05:09 AM
I feel ya man. Just hang in there. They got a lot in the works still. Maybe they might suprize us.

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 04:41:46 AM

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 05:36:19 AM
True I did get lucky recently with Harek v Rak. It's just such poor design. All the other raiders have weaknesses to counter thier strengths. Rak is a DPS, healer, tank, crowd control, and scout. You can't have that on one character and call your game competitive.
Tell that to schneider, hive and valeria lol.

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 12:45:51 PM
Theirs always a way around a certain raider say rak. you just either have to get creative.
Alicia: the Pisachas cant hurt whats in the Air and that goes for hans

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 07:33:20 PM
Oh course he's not invincible. I'm not saying he's perfect just that he's OP compared to the other raiders that are relatively balanced. It's an unwritten rule in game design that a fast character cannot also be strong and tough, or that a healer cannot do massive aoe damage, ect.

That holds true for other characters. Alicia can do massive damage but only has a short range, Harek is a glass cannon. Valeria is a power house at crowd control but only after a set up, she is slow and her gun alone doesn't do much damage.

Yeah Hans is extremely well rounded but he's not one shotting ppl. Rak can do nearly everything but snipe with seemingly no drawback. I got no problem with the players and posters. The game is horribly unbalanced at this point and knowing that we're going to have to wait till they implement a new mode for them to work on these problems is incredibly frustrating.

Put out the fire in the room before you start building new furniture.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 10:20:19 PM by Placelord »