Author Topic: My experience with Raiders  (Read 15471 times)

Lazylarry

• View Profile
My experience with Raiders
on: September 19, 2016, 04:06:41 PM
Hello guys,

I first want to start by thanking you for including me in the Beta and for the great work done so far.

My review might not be as throught as others as I was only able to play for 1 hour before the Beta closed.

Positive things

The very first thing that got me pumped was the music and the intro.
Suspension of disbelief is on point with Aleph, I found myself wanting to know more about that substance instead of just dismissing it as yet another macguffin in games.
The combat system is fluid and looks really promising, if the instakill grab is twitched a bit. Killing grunts is fun, however killing players might be too frustating imo.
The animations were a bit clunky on my computer (crappy laptop I have) but the characters look good and sound better, especially the antagonist.
Very keen on keep pressing to run.

Negative Things

Although the antagonist sounds great, I kept thinking to myself: is that Solid Snake? Not that there anything wrong with but it sure made me take things a bit less serious.
Cutscenes are too long imo, with certain scenes that do not add anything new and removing control from players to show how the guards see that you are not there, or random grunt walking. This is personal preference but I kind prefer games where cutscenes just show relevant things.

Again, thank you for letting me be a part of the Beta and keep up the good work. This game looks really promising, I can't wait to play it again.

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Re: My experience with Raiders
Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 01:11:17 PM
Thanks Lazylarry, we really appreciate your comments! We hope you can play this thursday again!

Dogma

• Anyone up for a raid?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Profile
Re: My experience with Raiders
Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 08:02:49 PM
My point of view is practically the same. The game is going in a great direction. 'Til next thursday then! Can't wait!